[DEBATE] Democracy

Franz Von Dietrich

cant we all just agree that no government is better than the other, because guess what, no matter what government you have whether it be democracy, monarchy or what ever you have humans are running them and humans suck. So what im saying is government sucks, unless im running it, then its good. 

B1ED4CC9835C53112D49EF81ADFC4F24.png

cant we all just agree that no government is better than the other, because guess what, no matter what government you have whether it be democracy, monarchy or what ever you have humans are running them and humans suck. So what im saying is government sucks, unless im running it, then its good. 

No, because Dictatorship is the best :). No one can disagree with you, and you always get your way! But in a serious manner,  it allows the country to be stable and united.

In the long run I would say anarchy and democracy will come to the same conclusion.

Both have fiefdoms of wealth and power.

I'm tired of failed Democracy, are you?

To answer your question, no. Democracy has drawbacks but people in developed countries have grown used to having a say, albeit sometimes nominal, in the political decision-making of their countries.

Now answer my question.

• Upvote 1

6hu5nt.jpg

Yes, they did go through a "slew" of them. But what about the rest of the great dictators they had? The Emperor was a dictator, and I remember quite a few that did a pretty good job.

There were really only a few who were of any real success. Most either squandered the wealth created by the provincial economies, spent more time eliminating perceived domestic threats than shoring up the borders that exists, or alienated potential allied peoples in favor of latinization that ultimately lead to a shortage of Latin forces in the legions. You seem to have a grossly romantic view on Rome. I suggest less Gladiator, and more history.

sinsig.png

Grand Moff Hirohito of Dromund Kaas

Democracy preaches the rights of every man. Of one man. Who is this person, and why is he more important than the rest? Why do the needs of the few come before the many?

The USA call Fascists tyrants. But their very existence has done nothing but proved themselves to be agents of tyranny! Self appointed defenders of justice? For what right do they have to tell other nations how to live? What authority do they have? Democracy can be a good thing if done right, but it can also be a terrible thing just like any other type of Government.

Even when the population has the upper hand in arms, they can't win.

The Tyler revolt won militarily, but lost lost in negotiations.

The men who pull the strings are never replaced in revolts. They retain control regardless.

Watt's revolt stopped when he was assassinated during the neogotatians, he didn't get tricked or anything as you may be implying

Yes, they did go through a "slew" of them. But what about the rest of the great dictators they had? The Emperor was a dictator, and I remember quite a few that did a pretty good job.

And I remember most who sucked

Watt's revolt stopped when he was assassinated during the neogotatians, he didn't get tricked or anything as you may be implying

Killed at negotiations is as tricky as it gets. How many public figures in the last 100 years got tricked this way? Democratic change has a leader, then the leader is killed. Yeah, that's liberty... And that's only when corruption has failed to subvert liberty. The money rarely fails considering the alternative.

Democracy preaches the rights of every man. Of one man. Who is this person, and why is he more important than the rest? Why do the needs of the few come before the many?

The USA call Fascists tyrants. But their very existence has done nothing but proved themselves to be agents of tyranny! Self appointed defenders of justice? For what right do they have to tell other nations how to live? What authority do they have? Democracy can be a good thing if done right, but it can also be a terrible thing just like any other type of Government.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

B1ED4CC9835C53112D49EF81ADFC4F24.png

Hope you have something more than fear in mind to keep the populace from rebelling.

Genuine interest in development of the nation would go a long way in regards to that.

Government does not matter. It's those whose asses warm up the high thrones that do. 

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

Democracy, when done right, is one of the best ways to go. Although any type of government can flourish as long as they don't disconnect from the people.

Go ahead, debate among your selves.

(Democracy is truly a vile thing)

Can I ask what country you live in?

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Oh FML!! You're here? Well at least you aren't posting your usual sexist garbage.... Yet...

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Democracy is great, as long as ignorance is in check. if ignorance (Im talking of not even knowing the top government officials) tops knowledge, democracy becomes a slow, painful process.

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

Obviously, he's in a democratic country where he's free to have dumb opinions. I'd say, specifically, the teenage angst region of the United States.

Sounds about right.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Democracy is great, as long as ignorance is in check. if ignorance (Im talking of not even knowing the top government officials) tops knowledge, democracy becomes a slow, painful process.

Not only that, bur greed as well. "As soon as a population decides that it can vote, largress, from the public treasury, a society is doomed". I'm paraphrasing of course, but you get the gist.

sinsig.png

Grand Moff Hirohito of Dromund Kaas