[DEBATE] Democracy

Franz Von Dietrich

Democracy is better than the other options but still easily fallible.

• Upvote 1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

true, democracy is too easy to manipulate, occupy and hard to line the people in one bundle....even winston churchill against this.

the democracy is better option than "anarchy", but worse than all other forms of government.

Edited by Arthur James

In a dictatorship that is run by a competent leader, the nation will flourish. Since there is no democracy to decide if what you decide is correct or not. Now, many will claim that the majority of the time a dictatorship is run by an in-competent leader, (looking at North Korea) but in reality, most dictatorships were run by people that knew what they were doing.

So moral of the story is,

Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole damn word of dictator.

• Upvote 1

THE FASCIST REPUBLIC

OF

SILISTRIOUS

THE REAL P&W FASCIST

Democracy must be stupid, because the people pass every new tax measure. And 49% of the people are disappointed in every election.

In the U.S., not a lot of people who are legible to vote votes anyway...so much for being popularly elected.

Z98SzIG.png

In the U.S., not a lot of people who are legible to vote votes anyway...so much for being popularly elected.

No matter how many vote you will get the results I stated. The two party system, each getting half the vote, is an unavoidable equilibrium.

Hope you have something more than fear in mind to keep the populace from rebelling.

Well, dictatorships tend to ban firearms. It's pretty easy to keep down a rebellion when you have automatic weapons and they have sticks and farming equipment. 

• Upvote 1

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Well, dictatorships tend to ban firearms. It's pretty easy to keep down a rebellion when you have automatic weapons and they have sticks and farming equipment.

Even when the population has the upper hand in arms, they can't win.

The Tyler revolt won militarily, but lost lost in negotiations.

The men who pull the strings are never replaced in revolts. They retain control regardless.

Any government type can work and flourish as long as the Leader(s) is competent enough.

Democracy can work if the politicians pull their weight, work together, and find common ground.

Edited by Scolar Visari
  • Upvote 1

Any government type can work and flourish as long as the Leader(s) is competent enough.

Democracy can work if the politicians pull their weight, work together, and find common ground.

Problem is they have found their common ground $$$

I wouldn't count on that if I was in power, people can certainly get their hands on weapons if they are motivated enough.  Which is why I would hope any proper dictator who doesn't want to have to worry about the people trying to overthrow him would throw proper bread and circuses to distract them.  Even the Soviets with their massacres couldn't hold off the inevitable. 

Being able to choose your own leaders really insn't a requiremnt in itself imo but then those egotistical enough to want to be in power normally won't be satisfied until they stamp their own moral code on the people as well.  Pity.  Democracy may be flawed but there at least remains the possibility of change.  Howeve remote.

There are no men like me, there is only me

Democracy is a hidden dictatorship, if you didn't already know.

I tend to agree. A government of sufficient size will ultimately grow to oppress the people it controls. Mostly this is due to the influence of money, and political factionalism.

Dictatorship is actually a nice way to ensure a nation is stable.

Tell that to the Romans, who went through a slew of them and it ultimatley led to poor management and their downfall.

• Upvote 2

sinsig.png

Grand Moff Hirohito of Dromund Kaas

Tell that to the Romans, who went through a slew of them and it ultimatley led to poor management and their downfall.

Yes, they did go through a "slew" of them. But what about the rest of the great dictators they had? The Emperor was a dictator, and I remember quite a few that did a pretty good job.

THE FASCIST REPUBLIC

OF

SILISTRIOUS

THE REAL P&W FASCIST