Color Stock Issue

ELPINCHAZO

So color stock bonus might be calculated wrong or just the equation we're give is missing some info.

*We make the assumption that AA's with less than 300 total strength are not used in the calculation.

This is what the wiki gives us:
Bonus = ( Nations on Color * 2 ) / ( (All Nations Not on Gray) + ( Alliances on Color ^ 2 * 200 ))

Using the numbers from this , I'm assuming that these are all the 'Nations not on Gray'

Therefore there are now 5 AAs over 300 total and 83 red nations and 799 non-gray nations total,the bonus  for red should be 2.86% instead we are supposedly getting 2.72%. It appears some of the other colors are much further off that that. 

Pink Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Purple Brown Black White P&W 3.22 2.72 5.37 6.61 6.60 3.73 7.02 1.78 1.83 2.88 My calc 4.2 2.28 6 4.84 4.89 3.88 7.85 2.12 1.43 3.1

Maybe I'm missing some other piece of vital information,if so I'd love to see the wiki updated with it.

with non-gray are we counting beige?! if so,why?

Edited by ELPINCHAZO

Oh, and if you were asking "why" because you wanted a justification, rather than a snarky reply, the answer is "because it is intended to capture all active nations, and the only way to move to grey is inactivity."

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

isn't the colour stock only count on those who are above 300(according to sheepy announce b4) within an alliances? why those the rest who below the score have any affect to it?

you apparently didn't read everything above.

Its AAs over 300 not nations.

you apparently didn't read everything above.

Its AAs over 300 not nations.

The AAs also have to be more than 10 days founded. That threw me off at one point too when people started coming to blue. You have the formula right though, and color stock is counted on the fly, not during specific updates. And Grillick has the right of it. Take total nations and subtract just the nations on grey to get the # for that.

Edited by Micheal Malone
  • Upvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I also have an issue with the color stock.  There's a glitch where DEIC has founded an alliance whose purpose appears to be to colorbomb green.  Please fix this glitch.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I also have an issue with the color stock.  There's a glitch where DEIC has founded an alliance whose purpose appears to be to colorbomb green.  Please fix this glitch.

That's a perfectly valid gameplay strategy. Did you try asking them why they moved? Color stock is a reason to go to war, but I don't think their presence constitutes "any actual or perceived attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality." There just isn't enough colors for everyone.

That's a perfectly valid gameplay strategy. Did you try asking them why they moved? Color stock is a reason to go to war, but I don't think their presence constitutes "any actual or perceived attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality." There just isn't enough colors for everyone.

I mean... I was just joking.  I'm fairly certain the alliance isn't even impacting the color stock?  I haven't checked.  Alliances are welcome to be on whatever color they wish.  The color stock will be absolutely meaningless very soon.  So, whatever.  It was genuinely just supposed to be funny.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

The alliance described in Ashland's post doesn't exist. But for the record, Ren has no authority to interpret and apply GPA's Declaration of Neutrality. So it doesn't really matter if she thinks the alliance's presence, if there ever was any, constitutes "any actual or perceived attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality."

Free speech...got to love it.

Here is a question. When you change colors do you get counted immediately as an alliance of that color? Or do you have to wait 10 days? If that is the case couldn't an alliance switch colors as often as possible to avoid being counted?

Edited by John Baraboo

Oh, and if you were asking "why" because you wanted a justification, rather than a snarky reply, the answer is "because it is intended to capture all active nations, and the only way to move to grey is inactivity."

you can move to gray another way. If your beige time runs out you switch automatically to gray. You can be active and be put to gray.

you can move to gray another way. If your beige time runs out you switch automatically to gray. You can be active and be put to gray.

I would consider being too lazy to change your color to be "inactivity."

How do you tell if the nations are more than 10 days old? Does the nations listed in total nations only list 10 days and older? This sounds almost impossible to calculate.

It's not nations 10 days old, alliances 10 days old. You can tell that by checking the alliance founded date off the alliance page.

Free speech...got to love it.

Here is a question. When you change colors do you get counted immediately as an alliance of that color? Or do you have to wait 10 days? If that is the case couldn't an alliance switch colors as often as possible to avoid being counted?

If the alliance was 10 days old, it would count immediately.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I would consider being too lazy to change your color to be "inactivity."

Inactivity is not logging into the game. If you are logging in and buying stuff, you are active. I know some who the time runs out and they not notice what color they are. I don't go out of my way to check my color.

Edited by John Baraboo

Inactivity is not logging into the game. If you are logging in and buying stuff, you are active. I know some who the time runs out and they not notice what color they are. I don't go out of my way to check my color.

Inactivity is not a defined term. We clearly have different definitions of inactive. That's fine.

Yes inactive is a defined term. If you have activity, then your not inactive. If you look at a nation page, there is an area where it shows last active . So no matter what I define it or you define it,the game has a definition for active.

You stated the only way to become gray is inactivity, which is wrong using the game definition.

Edited by John Baraboo