You guys like musicals?

Mini cxcccccc

I never acted in musicals myself, but I did five or so years of stage crew for my school's musicals, and was stage crew manager the last two years. I've always enjoyed them thoroughly - their last musical was Thoroughly Modern Millie, with my girlfriend as a lead in the role of Mrs. Meers. It was pretty ridiculous. :P

xzhPlEh.png?1

Haven't seen too many. The ones I recall right now:

-Phantom of the Opera I really liked

-Chicago was alright

-Moulin Rouge I did not care for, except a few moments

Edit: And I guess I was made to watch Cats many years ago, but I don't remember it much at all.

Edited by elsuper

hxvRjGK.jpg

I saw Cats live when I was a kid. !@#$ing hated it. Still do.

I saw the Young Frankenstein musical a few years back, that was amazing. Saw Lion King, which was pretty impressive.

I can't say that I love musicals, but I've seen enough of them to know that I don't hate them.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

Live productions of musicals generally work for me. They are more engaging than plays and usually visually stunning. However, I don't care for movies that are musicals. The whole breaking out into song and dance at random moments thing usually doesn't work for me on the silver screen. I took my kids to the new Annie movie though, and I must say that it was quite good.

In London I saw Thoroughly Modern Millie, Billy Elliot, and Mamma Mia when I was there once. In NY I've seen Wicked, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Kinky Boots, Les Miserables, and, of course, Rocky Horror Picture Show.