The Interview

Zoot

So what do people think about the whole thing? I mean I for one kinda understand why they decided to pull it, but at the same time I don't really think it's a good precedence to set, to give in to these kinds of people. I mean now they've basically said that if you don't like some movie they're making you can just do this and they'll cancel it. I realize that the number of people with the resources to do something like this is rather limited, but still, I don't like it...

Also I kinda wanna see this movie now :P

• Upvote 1

It would be funny if the whole drama was nothing more than a cleverly arranged PR stunt designed to make what sounds like a piss poor excuse for a movie into a must-see.

Impossible.  Seth Rogen has never been in a bad film.  The Watch? Comedy gold.  Clearly this will be the funniest he's ever been in.

Edited by Jaime Lannister

There are no men like me, there is only me

It would be funny if the whole drama was nothing more than a cleverly arranged PR stunt designed to make what sounds like a piss poor excuse for a movie into a must-see.

Until it got out, then I'm pretty sure it would be massive legal action rather than funny :P

Disgusting bourgeois propaganda

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

You know, I was thinking today, it's really easy to hate on NK, but if someone made a movie all about you being killed, would you do something about it if you could?

Yah, I'd demand some damn royalties......not only from the box office ticket sales, but dvd sales, action figure sales.....anything that has my likeness on it....and I would demand that they use me in the sequel....not some damn actor. If I was actually killed off in the first one.....they would bring me back as either a zombie or a ghost......and I would get royalties from all those sales as well!

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

Yah, I'd demand some damn royalties......not only from the box office ticket sales, but dvd sales, action figure sales.....anything that has my likeness on it....and I would demand that they use me in the sequel....not some damn actor. If I was actually killed off in the first one.....they would bring me back as either a zombie or a ghost......and I would get royalties from all those sales as well!

You are right, Coach. This guy has a brand on which he is failing to capitalize.

• Upvote 1

hxvRjGK.jpg

You know, I was thinking today, it's really easy to hate on NK, but if someone made a movie all about you being killed, would you do something about it if you could?

I might focus on my starving peasants instead of being a little !@#$ about a shitty movie.

No. 

I might focus on my starving peasants instead of being a little !@#$ about a !@#$ movie.

They don't know any better, and probably don't have the strength to fight back. He doesn't give two shits about them. 

But if they had guns and knew better... 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Even if the DPRK did hack them, it was within their rights to do so. The movie promotes the murder of a real-life person, a real world leader and head of state. It just goes to show that the US does not respect the sovereignty of nations.

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

How many countries in the world would do absolutely nothing and be absolutely fine with it if people in a foreign country made a film about their sitting/current head of state/government being killed? The issue wouldn't be as big if the film just featured a hypothetical North Korean leader/s, as in not the same "universe" we're in, it's always going to be a problem when you use the likeness and name of a real-life person being murdered in a fictional film without their permission. I'm pretty sure there's been video games about fighting with China and even one where North Korea invades America which didn't get this kinda drama.

Death-threats are generally not protected by freedom of speech.

Edited by Georgi Stomana

From the Naked Gun Wiki page:

The film begins in Beirut where a gang of anti-American leaders including Ayatollah KhomeiniMikhail GorbachevYasser ArafatMuammar GaddafiFidel Castro, and Idi Amin, as well as a man named Pahpshmir, meet to plan the ultimate terrorist act against the United States. Police Squad Lieutenant Frank Drebin (Leslie Nielsen) has been posing undercover as a waiter and beats up all the attendees, discovering in the process that Gorbachev's famous birthmark is a fake and various other shocking facts about them. As Frank leaves the gathering, he identifies himself to the crowd and warns them, "don't let me catch you guys in America!"

Just from a quick Google search you can find it never blew up like this. Same deal, different time, different places.

• Upvote 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

From the Naked Gun Wiki page:

Just from a quick Google search you can find it never blew up like this. Same deal, different time, different places.

Come on, NOTHING in Naked Gun was even remotely serious. This movie might of been a comedy but the central plot seems serious.

Even if the DPRK did hack them, it was within their rights to do so. The movie promotes the murder of a real-life person, a real world leader and head of state.

It just goes to show that the US does not respect the sovereignty of nations.

Ok. The next time someone gave me a death threat on the internet, I'll hack their email and publish the contents on the internet. 

It is a private company. Just because there are abortion clinics, that doesn't mean the whole USA (or the US government) believes in abortions. 

How many countries in the world would do absolutely nothing and be absolutely fine with it if people in a foreign country made a film about their sitting/current head of state/government being killed?

The issue wouldn't be as big if the film just featured a hypothetical North Korean leader/s, as in not the same "universe" we're in, it's always going to be a problem when you use the likeness and name of a real-life person being murdered in a fictional film without their permission.

I'm pretty sure there's been video games about fighting with China and even one where North Korea invades America which didn't get this kinda drama.

Death-threats are generally not protected by freedom of speech.

Well, we can't answer that, since it doesn't happen every day. 

Good for you. 

There was a video game where a CIA agent and a bunch of Russian terrorists shoot up an airport. That had less controversy than this. 

Can movies be death threats now? If I were to make a movie where the point was to kill Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, would you freak out nearly as much? He is a real person in charge of some sort of government. 

Don't forget about Bond. He was in North Korea in Die Another Day. Nobody freaked out there. He even hot up the place a bit. Oh, and the movie had NK getting weapons from Africa.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Another_Day 

Also, what is up with North Korea? Why are they so special? An alleged nuclear power threatening America is somehow supposed to be respected? 

Come on, NOTHING in Naked Gun was even remotely serious. This movie might of been a comedy but the central plot seems serious.

Have you even seen this movie? How do you know this is serious? Hint: It probably isn't. Two guys assassinating one of the most heavily guarded people in the world isn't that serious. (At least, that is what I can tell from the trailer)

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Just because there are abortion clinics, that doesn't mean the whole USA (or the US government) believes in abortions. 

You can say that not everyone believes in Santa, God, Allah, and the Tooth Fairy, but surely you can't question the existence of abortions.

6hu5nt.jpg