On the Nature of Politics and War; a reply to user Kurdanak

Hereno

See:

Implying more than one person, i.e. SI. I can't believe I'm arguing about this - nobody wins when you're forced to debate !@#$ english. Let's focus on the slaughter at hand instead.

it was an inclusive, generalized "we" in reference to all of orbis and the humans which comprise it

there is no "end" or "outcome" that is static as the world is ever-changing and constantly influencing itself

the concepts are constructs of the mind and if you act seeking ends you will only ever be disappointed as they can only be fleeting and themselves beginnings to new sets of ends which will also never be static

harbingers of logic such as myself are scorned and ridiculed because they challenge the very foundations of the order which pretend-king children would create to temporarily elevate themselves through the illusory victory provided by the humiliation of opponents based on terms which are mutually agreeable

a comprehensive understanding of this can only lead one to a singular conclusion, which is that the very point of the game - namely, to have fun - is itself spoiled by ever-increasing attempts to, like a drug addict, gain a temporary victory after months of work to acquire it

those here who think themselves mighty are actually those among us who are the most enslaved. they are pathetic and through their quest for reward only push it further away. they are stuck in a cycle of flagellation created in their own mind and their chains are as large and heavy as the human imagination allows for

and when they finally break free, they leave this world forever, perpetuating the illusion of the condemned

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.gif

whether or not you read my post is irrelevant to the fact that you are incapable of understanding it

and no, that is not an attempt to get you to read it and demonstrate your understanding, because again, you are not capable of doing so, and such mistrust is actually based on misplaced hubris on your part. i am merely telling you the truth because i am better than you and a true superior;

you eat the shit of equals who you have convinced yourself are superiors and play a game to be told what to do

your approval or lack thereof are not necessary because you do not matter

you are a worm to be crushed, chopped in half, and used as bait - useful but replaceable and a dime a dozen

• Upvote 1

omgwtf.gif

• Upvote 1

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

a comprehensive understanding of this can only lead one to a singular conclusion, which is that the very point of the game - namely, to have fun - is itself spoiled by ever-increasing attempts to, like a drug addict, gain a temporary victory after months of work to acquire it

Hello. You may remember me from IRC. Specifically domisi's special channel.

So what I'm reading here, besides being lolfail logic, is very much centered around your world and how you see it. If the point is namely to have fun, and if people are doing so with temporary victories, or merely the attempts, then how is it spoiled? Or did you mean your version of fun according to your mind has been spoiled by other people making attempts to have fun?

People say if you enjoy the work you do, it is not "work." If people enjoy the months of work they put in for a temp victory, which is fun for them, then their need for fun has been met as defined by them.

• Upvote 1

Grealind = Anson

When it comes right down to it, numbers don't matter, and they never will.

The world is full of evil fascist nations who wish to enslave others so they can wax rich at their expense, that is what they see as "fun".

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

So what I'm reading here, besides being lolfail logic, is very much centered around your world and how you see it. If the point is namely to have fun, and if people are doing so with temporary victories, or merely the attempts, then how is it spoiled? Or did you mean your version of fun according to your mind has been spoiled by other people making attempts to have fun?

People say if you enjoy the work you do, it is not "work." If people enjoy the months of work they put in for a temp victory, which is fun for them, then their need for fun has been met as defined by them.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7637-1384981696-6.g

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

if you're one of every other (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) member who posts here using a different name, then well, i guess you figured that i don't know who you are. if not, my apologies, but if it's the channel i'm thinking of then i have a pretty good reason to not remember you.

i never got into the mechanism which spoils the fun but temporary victories are both tolerance-inducing and dependent on agreeing to a particular set of rules that are not beneficial to either party at the end of a conflict but whom both parties believe are natural - and which are required for the temporary victories that we win - and so we actually act against our own interests by supporting the cycle

it is not false that a person can enjoy the work for its own sake and be detached from the outcomes of events, but if this were the case, the people here would not act as they currently do. "official" victories are sought which are otherwise strictly hurtful to the aggrieving party; that is, in the long-term, any sort of terms other than white peace for an alliance are non-beneficial to *either* alliance, strategically speaking, or on an OOC-level

why?

because making warfare and the achievement of temporary victories more costly, they are spread apart and made harder to achieve for anyone in the future, which causes a negative feedback cycle until you get to the point where alliances are nearly politically static and the war cycle is completely intolerable

it is said that browser games run on grudges, but that is also entirely false - grudges and other personal relationships limit politics based on extraneous factors that strangle the already-dull political realm and are completely divorced from proper strategy which would be to always act in the longest-term interests of the alliance

but this is not happening, and not only started out awful due to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) baggage but additionally has gotten worse in spite of attempts by myself to limit the damage of this sort of behavior to the fledgling political community.

• Upvote 1

if you're one of every other (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) member who posts here using a different name, then well, i guess you figured that i don't know who you are. if not, my apologies, but if it's the channel i'm thinking of then i have a pretty good reason to not remember you.

i never got into the mechanism which spoils the fun but temporary victories are both tolerance-inducing and dependent on agreeing to a particular set of rules that are not beneficial to either party at the end of a conflict but whom both parties believe are natural - and which are required for the temporary victories that we win - and so we actually act against our own interests by supporting the cycle

it is not false that a person can enjoy the work for its own sake and be detached from the outcomes of events, but if this were the case, the people here would not act as they currently do. "official" victories are sought which are otherwise strictly hurtful to the aggrieving party; that is, in the long-term, any sort of terms other than white peace for an alliance are non-beneficial to *either* alliance, strategically speaking, or on an OOC-level

why?

because making warfare and the achievement of temporary victories more costly, they are spread apart and made harder to achieve for anyone in the future, which causes a negative feedback cycle until you get to the point where alliances are nearly politically static and the war cycle is completely intolerable

it is said that browser games run on grudges, but that is also entirely false - grudges and other personal relationships limit politics based on extraneous factors that strangle the already-dull political realm and are completely divorced from proper strategy which would be to always act in the longest-term interests of the alliance

but this is not happening, and not only started out awful due to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) baggage but additionally has gotten worse in spite of attempts by myself to limit the damage of this sort of behavior to the fledgling political community.

Jesus Christ, what utter tripe disguised behind superfluous language. Chill out Russell Brand.

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

Jesus Christ, what utter tripe disguised behind superfluous language. Chill out Russell Brand.

"smart people sound like crazy people to stupid people" - paraphrasing of a quote falsely-attributed to albert einstein

So why is Hereno playing this game?

I must say I love his character. It brings so much humor and intrigue. Additionally, his writing is usually pretty entertaining.

I'm gonna start referring to Hereno as Monsieur Watts. See if you get the reference

So why is Hereno playing this game?

I think it's wrong to say that P&W is all about pointless wars, destruction, and general lulz (like the geniuses posting gifs ITT), war is undoubtedly part of the game - but what's wrong with setting up universal standards based on common sense and fairness so people can be left in peace without being rolled 4 teh lulz?

The most dangerous people in Orbis are those who make a joke of everything, even things which if happened to their nation they wouldn't find it funny at all.

• Upvote 1

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

I think it's wrong to say that P&W is all about pointless wars, destruction, and general lulz (like the geniuses posting gifs ITT), war is undoubtedly part of the game - but what's wrong with setting up universal standards based on common sense and fairness so people can be left in peace without being rolled 4 teh lulz?

The most dangerous people in Orbis are those who make a joke of everything, even things which if happened to their nation they wouldn't find it funny at all.

^um... Why quote my post and then insert arguments into my mouth? Better to not quote me and instead make your statement from your own unique voice.

Not talking to you, specifically.

I'll bite. 

You're wrong. Lets not bullshit here, you are calling out TEst and friends. Yes, we laugh and joke a lot. We post gifs and troll. Thank you for stating the obvious. What you missed though was a pretty important point. We've been on the receiving end and sent back to zero in multiple worlds. Here in Orbis, I've personally been given the privilege of having zero infra.

As for this thread, its flame baiting. So yes, we shit posted all over it as thats the only attention it deserves.

Oh, and one last thing. You are rocking that very pretty GPA tag. When you clowns actually get off your high horses and decide to play with us jokers, let us know. I'll show you which buttons to press. Until then, go back to your white towers and CEO chairs. The rest of us have games to play.

q8nfyvc.gif

Well if you've been in multiple world you're probably aware of this:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Woodstock_Massacre

Do you think the same people who did this atrocity do not also have nations on P&W? I am not saying war is always bad, but there are people out there who when all you want is peace will hit you in the face with a sledgehammer. Yes this is a "game" and yes our nations are made of pixels, but if you log into your nation every day by definition you have some attachment to it.

Anyway I'm not trying to offend you or anyone else. And I apologize if I have.

Edited by Georgi Stomana

I'll bite. 

You're wrong. Lets not !@#$ here, you are calling out TEst and friends. Yes, we laugh and joke a lot. We post gifs and troll. Thank you for stating the obvious. What you missed though was a pretty important point. We've been on the receiving end and sent back to zero in multiple worlds. Here in Orbis, I've personally been given the privilege of having zero infra.

As for this thread, its flame baiting. So yes, we !@#$ posted all over it as thats the only attention it deserves.

Oh, and one last thing. You are rocking that very pretty GPA tag. When you clowns actually get off your high horses and decide to play with us jokers, let us know. I'll show you which buttons to press. Until then, go back to your white towers and CEO chairs. The rest of us have games to play.

let's be honest, the thread content could have been anything and test would have done nothing but sh@tpost

i don't think i've ever seen them NOT sh@tposting

let's be honest, the thread content could have been anything and test would have done nothing but sh@tpost

i don't think i've ever seen them NOT sh@tposting

Edit: Image removed due to filter evasion. - Aslan

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png