Wind power?

Fukuda Kazuma

When would be a good time to transition to other types of power? 

At least compared to coal, I would say maybe when the city has 1,200 infra (payback is about 60 days), but definitely when the city has 1,600 infra (payback is 30 days).

Edit: I mean nuclear, I can't imagine wind power being useful until you have a large surplus of city slots.

Edited by Greatnate

^ This

Pollution is easily mitigated up to 1k infra, and even after that, nuclear power plants are worth the money the whole way. Wind power is cost effective when there is nothing more cost effective in that city. Basically, wind provides an invaluable resource (power) for next to nothing, but if the potential for income is higher with another power source, wind power is not worth the investment.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

I think that if you are a large coal powered nation, and you switch over to wind it would cost a lot, however you would have coal to sell on the market that would give you a lot more income and wind would pay off

Ist Anschluss Time

Nuclear power is what you use when someone "accidentally" sets your oil wells on fire.burning-oil-wells-kuwait-wired_18apr13_g

Smell that? Its the sweet scent of energy independence.

(Also, I demand Sheepy add in an "immolate wellheads" option for wartime/peacetime.)

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

I'm still really favorable to the whole nuclear angle I've got going. Its really great and I've already seen a massive increase in the resources I am able to produce as a result of not having to bog down my improvement slots with extra power plants or the coal mines to support them.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

• 10 months later...

nuclear power is better then the others in my opinion, but with my nation being in a region that doesn't produce uranium it gets annoying having to spend so much money on uranium. i would prefer if there was a new source of power that didn't take resource but just a lot of money to keep it running and was equal to nuclear power on how much infra it powers

• 3 weeks later...

What is the best combination of power/cost for a larger nation?

Below 1,000 infra/city - Oil.

Between 1,000-2,000 infra/city - Nuclear.

Between 2,000-3,000 infra/city - Nuclear + Wind, i.e, 1 nuclear plant for the first 2,000 + 1 wind plant per 250 infra above that.

Somewhere above 3,000 infra/city going full wind is advisable, but realistically nobody should hit that point. Infra is extremely expensive that that point and almost all improvements will already by maxed.

nuclear power is better then the others in my opinion, but with my nation being in a region that doesn't produce uranium it gets annoying having to spend so much money on uranium. i would prefer if there was a new source of power that didn't take resource but just a lot of money to keep it running and was equal to nuclear power on how much infra it powers

4Zeah.jpg