Seeing your city?

Alataq

Hi. I'm here with a suggestion: In the background, every continent they have a certain background which looks like a certain city in real life. I think it would be cool if you could see your own city, see buildings and projects and be able to see how you're progressing with the rest of the world. You wouldn't have to be able to walk around, but just see it and when you add stuff, it to load in.

• Upvote 5

dpluao815a3.png

This would be a really nice addition to the game in my opinion, but it's really up to Sheepy. This sounds like a lot of work for a strictly aesthetic reward. I doubt people would really be able to appreciate it unless they were here for a while, so I'd say it'd really only add a nice touch. If this is too much, even just seeing different pictures of more built up cities as infra progresses would be nice.

• Upvote 2

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Yeah! That's the thing.. I just feel like I see a city, but I'd kind of like to know how strong my city is and how big, or the different buildings and where they are  located. It would be A LOT of work, and I know I would appreciate it... But you're right. Up to them. :)

• Upvote 1

dpluao815a3.png

Or, and this could just be an or, what if Sheepy made the city picture just like the flags in the donation page? Make it like, $5, $10 on PayPal, and you can customize it, like with the flags and portraits. But, you can also edit it so that instead of, for example, in Australia, the default image is of Sydney. Sheepy could implement that there be more pics of major cities from each continent, but like around 8-10, and they lock onto the continent your nation is on; Every city can have a separate picture. A custom one would have to look somewhat like a city though, like maybe a castle (or a swamp).  It sounds more realistic than a progressive picture, so it has a better chance of becoming a real thing, and it can also provide more donations for the running of the game. And who doesnt like customisation? Customization is what defines me as unique in a game. I'd buy

• Upvote 1

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

I have a somewhat good guess on how this game is coded (I have not seen the code though), and this is a really hard task, as he only has the raw numbers of your city to work with, I mean what the !@#$ would Infrastructure transfer to in real life?. Unless Sheepy really wants to do this, I dont see it happening.

• Upvote 2

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

I have a somewhat good guess on how this game is coded (I have not seen the code though), and this is a really hard task, as he only has the raw numbers of your city to work with, I mean what the !@#$ would Infrastructure transfer to in real life?. Unless Sheepy really wants to do this, I dont see it happening.

This could be troublesome... 

Do you have any idea that my idea (above), would be able to work by using less means of tedious effort?

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

...progressing images of city development? And based around real examples for each continent?

Sounds cool.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Hi. I'm here with a suggestion: In the background, every continent they have a certain background which looks like a certain city in real life. I think it would be cool if you could see your own city, see buildings and projects and be able to see how you're progressing with the rest of the world. You wouldn't have to be able to walk around, but just see it and when you add stuff, it to load in.

It would be a great addition to be able to actually see your city. That would make the game even more amazing. 

It wouldn't even have to be very complicated. It could depend on continent in some ways. For an example, my country is in Asia. It could look like this:

100-300 Infra: Phnom Penh

300-500: Ulaan Baatar

500-750: Bejing

750-1000: Bangkok

1000-1500: Tokyo

It wouldn't even have to be very complicated. It could depend on continent in some ways. For an example, my country is in Asia. It could look like this:

Ooh! I like that idea... Like higher infa would be greater citites!

dpluao815a3.png

Ooh! I like that idea... Like higher infa would be greater citites!

This is a great idea. Please add this, Sheepy! 

I would rather upload own pics, hate that Eiffel Tower in Berlin (and in every other !@#$ city -.- ) ;D

That is shit, since if you play a wealthy nation you just jump from 10-1000 and miss everything in the middle, and in the end you just have "Tokyos" everywhere -.-' 

And the infra is open end i think? what will be 1500-2k, 2k-2,5k, ..... ?

Edited by Wilhelm II
  • Upvote 1

Lol wut?

"The Middle East, Central Asia, Russia, the Caucuses, and India doesn't exist guys!"

This has been brought up before and Sheepy would need to break down continents into regions or something for it to make any sense.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I would rather upload own pics, hate that Eiffel Tower in Berlin (and in every other !@#$ city -.- ) ;D

That is !@#$, since if you play a wealthy nation you just jump from 10-1000 and miss everything in the middle, and in the end you just have "Tokyos" everywhere -.-' 

And the infra is open end i think? what will be 1500-2k, 2k-2,5k, ..... ?

More cities. That was a mere suggestion like mine was. You can clearly improve more on it.

dpluao815a3.png

Lol wut?

"The Middle East, Central Asia, Russia, the Caucuses, and India doesn't exist guys!"

This has been brought up before and Sheepy would need to break down continents into regions or something for it to make any sense.

Last I checked we said we would support even a random pic in each continent. But then there would be snow in the middle east... 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Kinda reminds me of Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (the town view)

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

...progressing images of city development? And based around real examples for each continent?

Sounds cool.

Civ did it with icons, based on infra and culture. Doesn't seen it'd be much harder to do with images. You can do like 4 images representing city development.

Civ did it with icons, based on infra and culture. Doesn't seen it'd be much harder to do with images. You can do like 4 images representing city development.

Correct. It could be fairly simple and it would add some flavor to the city building aspect of the game.