Green Protection Agency DoE

Grillick

It occurred to me today that the principles and positions of the Green Protection Agency are poorly-understood in Orbis. Many nations and alliances seem to believe that our principles have been transferred to us whole cloth through the ether from another universe, when in fact they have been forged and decided entirely upon Orbis.

In that spirit, I bring to you the GPA's Declaration of (Continued) Existence, along with the details of our charter and principles:

The Green Protection Agency Charter

gpaflag.jpg

Article I - Principles and Purpose

(A.) Neutrality. The GPA shall pursue friendly, peaceful and impartial conduct toward all other nations and alliances, maintaining a stance of political and military neutrality. 

(B.) Sovereignty. All GPA nations have the right to govern their own nations’ affairs subject to the GPA's Charter and Laws.

(C.) Protection. The GPA, as an Alliance, has the right and duty to defend against hostile actions directed at its individual members or at the sovereignty of the GPA.

(D.) Community. If asked for help by any green sphere alliance, the GPA will offer assistance, relative to its capacity, to combat roguery within the green sphere.

Article II - Governance

(A.) The GPA shall be governed by an elected Triumvirate, henceforth known as the Agency Council. The Consulate of Directors are appointed and overseen by the Agency Council. The Agency Council is comprised of the Triumvir of Foreign Affairs, Triumvir of Internal Affairs, and Triumvir of Military Affairs.

(B.) The terms of service, method of appointment and responsibilities of the Cabinet shall be defined in GPA Laws.

Article III - Legislation

(A.) GPA Laws shall be consistent with the GPA Charter, Declaration of Neutrality, and Declaration of Sovereignty. The GPA Charter supersedes all other GPA legislation and authority.

(B.) GPA Laws and amendments may be ratified by a unanimous vote from the Agency Council. 

(C.) Two members of the Agency Council may amend GPA's laws in the event of an emergency, but the amendment must be ratified by a majority vote from the membership within 48 hours for it to remain in effect. 

Article IV - Membership

(A.) Membership is a privilege and not a right and as such, the GPA has the right to set any and all conditions for acceptance into and expulsion from the Alliance.

(B.) All members agree to uphold the Letter and Spirit of all GPA Laws and Principles.

Article V - Foreign Relations

(A.) The GPA will not commit itself to any offensive or defensive military agreements with any specific alliance(s) except for instances of roguery within the green sphere.

(B.) The GPA reserves the right to defend, by whatever means it chooses, against any actual or perceived attack on the Green Sphere or Neutrality as a whole.

(C.) GPA members will not initiate an offensive war that benefit one or more parties who are in a state of war, without direct permission from a member of the Agency Council or their designate. If military action is used against a GPA member, that member may immediately retaliate with any military assets

(D.) The GPA reserves the right to use nuclear weapons in any instance where its nations are involved in war.

(E.) The GPA encourages honest, friendly and respectful interaction between GPA members and non-GPA members. However, GPA members will not partake in any inter-Alliance politics or issues that do not directly involve the GPA, except for instances where Articles 5A and/or 5B apply.

Green Protection Agency Declaration of Sovereignty

Preamble:
The Green Protection Agency (GPA) hereby affirms the full sovereignty of the GPA. The GPA proclaims its sovereignty in the name of free development and the prosperity of its members, ensuring the rights and freedoms granted to members by the GPA Charter and laws.

Article 1: Sovereignty:
The inalienable rights of the GPA as a sovereign alliance shall be realized, including its rights to self-defense, self-determination, and the supremacy of its members in directing the GPA's course.

Article 2: Membership:
Membership in the GPA shall be an integral part of its sovereignty. The GPA shall protect the rights and interests of its member nations. Conferring and terminating GPA membership shall be the sole right of the GPA, in accordance with its own laws and standards. Claiming membership in the GPA shall be the sole right of those nations to whom the GPA has granted membership. Claims of membership shall cease immediately upon termination of membership by the GPA.

Article 3: GPA Identity:
The GPA flag, name, seals, intellectual property and emblems (hereafter collectively referred to as 'identity items') shall remain the exclusive property of the GPA. GPA identity items shall only be used with the expressed consent of the GPA, as authorized by the GPA Charter, DoN, laws and government.

Article 4: Inviolability:
The citizens, territories, and properties of the GPA are inviolable. Territories and properties of the GPA or its member states include, but are not limited to: GPA identity items, GPA moderated forums and websites, GPA internal documents, and GPA-approved aid packages. 

Article 5: Voluntary Unions:
The GPA shall independently exercise the right to enter into, or withdraw from, voluntary unions, pacts, and treaties with other alliances.

Article 6: Violations:
Any person, nation, or alliance that contravenes, undermines or attempts to contravene or undermine the terms of this declaration, is in violation the GPA's sovereignty. Persons or nations who spy on the GPA (in game or through OOC means), or share protected information without permission, have violated the GPA's sovereignty. Such perpetrators have committed a 'hostile action' against the GPA. Hostile action is defined as an actual, attempted, or threatened attack, invasion, or endeavor to inflict harm upon the GPA or its citizens, territories, or properties.

Article 7: Retaliation 
Subject to the GPA’s Charter, DoN and governmental discretion, the GPA reserves the right to retaliate against any perpetrator who violates the GPA's sovereignty by any and all means necessary. Punishments may include, but are not necessarily limited to: restitution and/or military action.

Green Protection Agency Declaration of Neutrality

The member nations of the Green Protection Agency (henceforth GPA) will, in sincerity and good faith, pursue friendly and impartial conduct toward all other alliances, maintaining a stance of political neutrality.

We hereby declare that the GPA is legally bound to its political neutrality, and must exhort and advise its own member nations to avoid any and all acts or proceedings which may in any manner breach this Declaration of Neutrality, and thereby violate the neutrality of the GPA itself.

Any member nation of the GPA caught committing, aiding, or abetting hostilities against any sovereign nation, nations, alliance or alliances (or otherwise caught breaking the terms of this Declaration of Neutrality) renders itself liable for punishment; this punishment will be delivered without delay, restraint, or reserve by the officers of the GPA.

Article 1: Definitions:
Belligerent - Any nation or alliance that undertakes hostile action against a member of the GPA.
Hostile action - An actual, attempted, or threatened attack, invasion, or endeavor to inflict harm upon another nation or its property.
Roguery â€“ Attacking without provocation.
Ghosting â€“ Deceptively and fraudulently flying a sovereign Alliance Affiliation.

Article 2: Prevention of Aggression: 
The citizens, territories, and properties of the GPA member nations are inviolable. 

Article 3: Neutrality:
GPA member nations shall remain neutral in any conflict, except in the following incidences:
(i) where a Belligerent has taken hostile action against a GPA member nation or the alliance's interests;
(ii) in the defense against any actual or perceived attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality;
(iii) in instances of Roguery within the green sphere.

Article 4: GPA Defense:
(A.) The GPA reserves the right to defend itself against any Belligerent, and any such defensive action shall not be regarded as a hostile act.
(B.) The GPA reserves the right to defend against any attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality. The GPA sees any attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality as an attack upon itself. These aspects of the global community are our way of life, and we therefore reserve the right to see any attack on these spheres of interest as an attack on the GPA itself and respond as is deemed necessary.
(C.) The GPA reserves the right to aid in the determent of Roguery within the Green sphere. 

Article 5: Non-Aggression Pact:
Aside from the instances where Article 3 applies, GPA member nations are forbidden to initiate (or cause another nation to initiate) hostile action against other nations.

Article 6: Freedom of Trade:
GPA member nations are not called upon to forbid or restrict the import or export of any resource. All members have the right to determine their own trading patterns in accordance with internal rules and regulations.

Article 7: Violators:
(A.) Any nation, within or outside of the GPA, found in violation of this contract shall be subject to punishment in the form of restitution to the nation or nations harmed by said violation. The amount of the restitution shall be commensurate with the degree of harm caused.
(B.) If the offending nation cannot or will not reimburse the victim(s), then the burden of providing restitution shall fall to the alliance to which the offending nation belongs. If said alliance cannot or will not provide the appropriate restitution, the reparations will be collected by force from the belligerent.

Article 8: Enactment:
Every measure of restriction or prohibition taken in regard to the matters referred to in the preceding articles must be impartially applied to all applicable nations.

The Agency has been acting under these principles for several months already, and they have been publicly available on our forums. They are posted here not to represent a change in policy, but rather to represent our affirmative goal of having our neutrality and our sovereignty known and understood within Orbis.

You already were because they were posted on our forums, but now especially, you are all on notice of our policies.

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

The Agency's current government consists of the following:

The Agency Council

Belisarius of the Byzantine Empire- Triumvir of Internal Affairs

Samwise of Gladius - Triumvir of Military Affairs

Grillick of Grillichnya - Triumvir of Foreign Affairs

Military Directors

Lottario of Ursa Minor Beta - Director of Defense

Grillick of Grillichnya - Director of Military Membership Compliance

Redarmy of Soviet Pennsylvania - Director of Military Intelligence and Records

Foreign Affairs Directors

Don Juan of Nueva Grenada - Director of IRC Affairs (the Voice of Grillick)

Edited by Grillick

This is a bit late......

You guys alright over there in GPA? You seem to be making some pretty..... Strange announcements these days....

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

This is a bit late......

You guys alright over there in GPA? You seem to be making some pretty..... Strange announcements these days....

I didn't even know Grillick was a Triumvir... I thought he was fibbing like usual. lol :ph34r:

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Restating and clarifying your principles makes good sense.

I have one question. Article V of the Charter says "(A.) The GPA will not commit itself to any offensive or defensive military agreements with any specific alliance(s) except for instances of roguery within the green sphere."

Are you saying that an attack without provocation by or on a Green nation is justification for GPA to commit itself to an agreement with another alliance?

6hu5nt.jpg

Are you saying that an attack without provocation by or on a Green nation is justification for GPA to commit itself to an agreement with another alliance?

No.

But we are not saying that it is not justification, either.

I didn't even know Grillick was a Triumvir... I thought he was fibbing like usual. lol :ph34r:

I never fib.

Would I be correct in thinking that nations on the color green are considered part of GPA sphere of influence? As in, they may not be alliance members, but as the same color you generally look out for them and/or give their nations a greater degree of attention compared to other colors?

q8nfyvc.gif

Would I be correct in thinking that nations on the color green are considered part of GPA sphere of influence? As in, they may not be alliance members, but as the same color you generally look out for them and/or give their nations a greater degree of attention compared to other colors?

GPA should adopt a revenge doctrine.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

We are much more concerned with the behavior and circumstances of green nations than we are of nations of any other color, yes.

We are much more concerned with the behavior and circumstances of green nations than we are of nations of any other color, yes.

With how much you guys care about green nations, you should really just change your name to...oh.
  • Upvote 5
xzhPlEh.png?1

I'm proud to be a n00btral, where at least I know I'm safe.

You're safe until a hegemoney forms and decides to roll you.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I find this:

The member nations of the Green Protection Agency (henceforth GPA) will, in sincerity and good faith, pursue friendly and impartial conduct toward all other alliances, maintaining a stance of political neutrality.

To be in conflict with this:

(B.) The GPA reserves the right to defend against any attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality. The GPA sees any attack upon the Green sphere and/or Neutrality as an attack upon itself. These aspects of the global community are our way of life, and we therefore reserve the right to see any attack on these spheres of interest as an attack on the GPA itself and respond as is deemed necessary.

As political alignment to a color sphere requires either direct and complete soverign control of that color sphere or an understood political alignment with other alliances on that color sphere, such an action can not be considered neutral.

I am off to raid green nations in wide abundance.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I find this:

To be in conflict with this:

As political alignment to a color sphere requires either direct and complete soverign control of that color sphere or an understood political alignment with other alliances on that color sphere, such an action can not be considered neutral.

The GPA is not concerned with your interpretation of what it means to be neutral. We reserve the right to define our neutrality as we see fit.

The GPA is not concerned with your interpretation of what it means to be neutral. We reserve the right to define our neutrality as we see fit.

The neutral menace has spoken.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

You absolutely should be concerned with outside interpetation of your neutrality.  Your neutrality exists only as the standards of the community allow it to exist.  By choosing not to tie yourself politically you are essentially opening yourself up to exploitation should the community at large decide to capitalize on your lack of ties. It is only by community wide respect for your soverign choices that capitalization is avoided.  Therefore it is your duty when exercising neutrality to analyze sincerity of that stance in all aspects of your FA direction, interpet the community response, and adjust your stance to better place yourself in a place that causes GPA to be neither a threat nor an ally to anyone.  Failure to do so is at your own risk.  

• Upvote 2

You absolutely should be concerned with outside interpetation of your neutrality. Your neutrality exists only as the standards of the community allow it to exist. By choosing not to tie yourself politically you are essentially opening yourself up to exploitation should the community at large decide to capitalize on your lack of ties. It is only by community wide respect for your soverign choices that capitalization is avoided. Therefore it is your duty when exercising neutrality to analyze sincerity of that stance in all aspects of your FA direction, interpet the community response, and adjust your stance to better place yourself in a place that causes GPA to be neither a threat nor an ally to anyone. Failure to do so is at your own risk.

Thanks for the tip.

You're safe until a hegemoney forms and decides to roll you.

soon

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

I like the GPA as long as it's housing the real deals and not just people who hide behind the GPA for protection temporarily until they want war with their now larger nation.  But most of the GPA is solid and I like the concept of allowing players to just be nation builders.  Who am I to tell people how they must play this game.  And I look forward to the day with all top 10 nations are GPA (honestly, no sarcasm there).