Alliance Announcement Options

Kurdanak

The ability to post alliance-wide announcements is an extremely useful tool. I believe alliance leaders should have the ability to edit/remove their posts, at the very least. Another possible option includes the ability to bump announcements so they are again brought to the attention of the membership.

I welcome any other suggestions regarding alliance announcement options. :)

• Upvote 3
xzhPlEh.png?1

Oh! I missed this in my original post. Another idea is to enable comments on each announcement.

There's also the ability to post announcements specifically set so only certain levels and up can view it (i.e. Leaders, Heirs, Officers, and Members).

xzhPlEh.png?1

Yeah, this was what I was trying to get at yesterday.  I would like to be able to post for my entire alliance to see it, but have it labeled "low priority" or something so that the higher-up alliance folks can ignore/move/edit it as they deem necessary. 

Also, when I get messages from Pub & Adama, I can't tell if they are going just to me or the entire alliance.  I assume they are going out to all, but there's just not enough information sometimes.

All Hail Lardbelly!  Lord of Digestion!  Conqueror of Quesadillas!  Ruler of Rotissierie!  Potentate of Pizza!  Future Irresponsible Wielder of Thermonuclear Weapons! 

Bring me your finest meats and cheeses or be nuked into so much radioactive grit!  You have been warned.....

Very good sugestion.

I'd love to see more options with alliance announcements.

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

• Administrators

I think in-game alliance communication can be a great tool, and expanding on it will certainly boost the communication between alliance members and leaders.

Now, that said, I've been hesitant to make this push so I wouldn't make offsite forums obsolete. Obviously in-game communication will never be as effective as an offsite forum would be, but, many players won't ever sign up on off-site forums but may still be productive alliance members if only they could just communicate in-game.

Just food for thought before I go around making announcements all fancy.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

The ability to see who has read the announcement would be immeasurably useful.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Oh! I missed this in my original post. Another idea is to enable comments on each announcement.

There's also the ability to post announcements specifically set so only certain levels and up can view it (i.e. Leaders, Heirs, Officers, and Members).

I think comments would be helpful, for clarification and questions.

Duke of House Greyjoy

The ability to see who has read the announcement would be immeasurably useful.

Or maybe do the reverse of this. Once alliances get a lot of members, perhaps instead of seeing who HAS read the message, which would of course be most members, we could have who HAS NOT read the message. This way it'll be a much shorter list, and the alliance gov. can then easily send a message to them directly. Also I would think this could be a minimized thing, similar to the way the [?] are handled.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

• 2 weeks later...

Just had another thought that I'd love to be able to see all the announcements ever posted. Could we get a page scroller similar to the search listing one?

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I think in-game alliance communication can be a great tool, and expanding on it will certainly boost the communication between alliance members and leaders.

Now, that said, I've been hesitant to make this push so I wouldn't make offsite forums obsolete. Obviously in-game communication will never be as effective as an offsite forum would be, but, many players won't ever sign up on off-site forums but may still be productive alliance members if only they could just communicate in-game.

Just food for thought before I go around making announcements all fancy.

Making off-site forums obsolete would actually be a great thing. Consider adding this and possibly coding your own simple forums for international politics, and bugs and such.

This would mean that more players would use the forums because:

1. They are already signed in and don't have to register.
  2. They see the forums right there in-game.

This could actually boost activity by a long shot. 

<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey

Making off site forums obsolete will a) never happen B) is not good for the game.

People enjoy having their own place to gather, tailored to their own theme and without censorship.

I was referring to the community forums. This would be great because players would only have to sign up once rather than twice. It would allow Sheepy to have an easier time moderating as well, because banning an in-game account would obviously stop a user from accessing the forums.

Just an idea.

<Sheepy> Ah, it is Christmas this turn

<Sheepy> Sheepy-Claus is gonna be comin' down your chim-chim-chiminey