A $yndicate question to Swamp

Prefonteen

5 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Don't know about them Partisan, but I think you and I are getting there. Why can't we work together to try to end this war?

This kind of war is always the longest type, will stop when both sides are at low infra level

Plus after a long NAP people want a long war

10 minutes ago, Phoenyx said:

Don't know about them Partisan, but I think you and I are getting there. Why can't we work together to try to end this war?

I appreciate your enthusiasm phoenyx, and I'm doing my best to interact with your questions and suppositions in a way that corrects mistakes but does not demotivate. 

With that said, there is history dating back several years underlying some of the rifts and events that eventually culminated in this war. Between both groups and individuals. 

Your attempts at understanding the here and now is not going to be the catalyst to peace. Peace will usually eventually be hashed out in some smokey backroom on discord by a handful of representatives and then announced for the world to see. 

You can view forums as one side of the FA coin. Private conversations are the other half. Usually the latter is where decisions are made and the former is the polished public branding meant to generate support for those decisions. 

When it comes to the why and how this war started: its unlikely people will come forward about their own duplicity as that goes against one's interest. And so we are doing this public dance. 

If you really want to understand both sides of the conflict, I do invite you to find me on discord and talk to me there. I don't bite. 

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

7 minutes ago, Prefonteen said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm phoenyx, and I'm doing my best to interact with your questions and suppositions in a way that corrects mistakes but does not demotivate. 

With that said, there is history dating back several years underlying some of the rifts and events that eventually culminated in this war. Between both groups and individuals. 

Your attempts at understanding the here and now is not going to be the catalyst to peace. Peace will usually eventually be hashed out in some smokey backroom on discord by a handful of representatives and then announced for the world to see. 

You can view forums as one side of the FA coin. Private conversations are the other half. Usually the latter is where decisions are made and the former is the polished public branding meant to generate support for those decisions. 

When it comes to the why and how this war started: its unlikely people will come forward about their own duplicity as that goes against one's interest. And so we are doing this public dance. 

If you really want to understand both sides of the conflict, I do invite you to find me on discord and talk to me there. I don't bite. 

I pretty much agree with everything you've said above. I must admit I'm afraid you might in fact bite, lol :-p. But peace is too important to let that get in my way.

19 minutes ago, Micchan said:

This kind of war is always the longest type, will stop when both sides are at low infra level

Plus after a long NAP people want a long war

You may well be right. But I'll push as hard as I can to end it. I still remember all those happy Knight Radiant ads, we need those back ASAP ;-). And let's not forget that ducks actually like swamps of the wooded variety...

4 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

I must admit I'm afraid you might in fact bite, lol :-p.

Just no step on snek, and you no get bit.

4 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

But peace is too important to let that get in my way.

....Why?

I mean really now... what possible importance could there be to peace? You're working your butt off nakking it up on the forums, because 'peace is important'?

Well, It isn't. War in moderation is a perfectly fine and natural state of affairs, just like peace... again, in equal moderation. Too much nor not enough of either peace or war is where problems lie. The community has seen plenty of examples of all 4 extremes in recent memory: extremely long and comprehensive NAP agreements, one excessively long and toxic war, at least one war not fought to a conclusion, and some cases of aggression despite NAP agreements (or even against extant allies)*.

Compared to those things, disappointing at best and rule-breakingly toxic at worst, a war that's being waged with no greater baggage than "your CB is shit", "no u", "ur too big", "no u" is outright pleasant.

I'm asking you, as a member of the underdog side: Don't take this away from us. Please 😘

*Just to be clear, I'm referring to events as old as Ayyslamic Crusade there. The aggression against treaty partners was one of the major crimes of NPO and that's what I'm referring to in that statement specifically. For further details feel free to talk to me or for that matter nearly anyone else that's been posting; they're all painfully familiar with all of it.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
Heckin forum software
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Just no step on snek, and you no get bit.

....Why?

I mean really now... what possible importance could there be to peace? You're working your butt off nakking it up on the forums, because 'peace is important'?

Well, It isn't. War in moderation is a perfectly fine and natural state of affairs, just like peace... again, in equal moderation. Too much nor not enough of either peace or war is where problems lie. The community has seen plenty of examples of all 4 extremes in recent memory: extremely long and comprehensive NAP agreements, one excessively long and toxic war, at least one war not fought to a conclusion, and some cases of aggression despite NAP agreements (or even against extant allies)*.

Compared to those things, disappointing at best and rule-breakingly toxic at worst, a war that's being waged with no greater baggage than "your CB is shit", "no u", "ur too big", "no u" is outright pleasant.

I'm asking you, as a member of the underdog side: Don't take this away from us. Please 😘

*Just to be clear, I'm referring to events as old as Ayyslamic Crusade there. The aggression against treaty partners was one of the major crimes of NPO and that's what I'm referring to in that statement specifically. For further details feel free to talk to me or for that matter nearly anyone else that's been posting; they're all painfully familiar with all of it.

I have to admit, this post made me laugh :-p. I'm just really a pacifist. I like peace. I've found in life, though, one can't always get what one wants. Sometimes you have to fight for it. Also, wars seem to get people talking. And can get people to form close bonds. I wish I could quote a link from one of Frank Herbert's books, but it went something like "Try to surround yourself with people who you'd be happy to die fighting with." Or something like that. You know, people who have your back. So yeah.

Anyway, I guess this war is relatively pleasant. Honestly, I have been playing another war game called Call of War and no one there has ever complained about one side being too big- it's more like that's the time the rest just turn in their hats and call it a day. Because the -goal- of pretty much everyone in those games is to be that one that gets too big for anyone else to take on and then slowly gobble everyone else up. Ofcourse, even there, I tend to play things differently. In one of these games, I'm now the biggest Coalition around and instead of just doing my best to now proceed to gobble everyone else up, I'm now trying to get everyone to agree to a peace treaty. It's not working, but what is happening is everyone else is fighting each other and my army just keeps on getting bigger. I've already signalled to some in the game that if anyone calls uncle and says that sure, peace for everyone is fine, I'll side with them and attempt to get the other side to back off. Which really shouldn't be hard the way things are going...

3 hours ago, Phoenyx said:

I've already signalled to some in the game that if anyone calls uncle and says that sure, peace for everyone is fine, I'll side with them and attempt to get the other side to back off. Which really shouldn't be hard the way things are going...

Yeah, I've tried that one myself. You're gonna get dunked on, friend; your warring rivals will see you as their greatest threat and whip themselves into a paranoid, patriotic frenzy and unite to destroy you, even if it costs them everything to do so. Even if you win, they'll just burn the game down around them out of spite.

I've seen that just so. many. times.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

17 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Yeah, I've tried that one myself. You're gonna get dunked on, friend; your warring rivals will see you as their greatest threat and whip themselves into a paranoid, patriotic frenzy and unite to destroy you, even if it costs them everything to do so. Even if you win, they'll just burn the game down around them out of spite.

I've seen that just so. many. times.

Well, unlike this game, which doesn't actually have an end date, those games end in about 40 days if there's no clear victor. We're about half way through. I'll let you know how it goes :-). Anyway, I have heard that these global wars do end too, even if they can take a fair amount longer than 40 days to do so. Looks like this one will end when people get tired of it. Or until Adrienne gets her record, whichever comes first :-p. 

Edited by Phoenyx