Powerful Nations with Small Militaries

Dzung

So, I've been browsing through the top 10 nations and others  and whenever I look at their nation, I see a distinct lack of actual military that can defend you from someone with the same score and capability. Why?.This game is only a month old and not all raiders are going to be content with scraps from inactives, sooner or later more powerful raiders will show up. So why have a small military when one day all those commerce buildings and infra will be for naught as it all comes tumbling down. Or is there something I'm missing here?

The two posters before me are spot on. There are 34 nations in my range. I am in maybe about 50 nations range. For us top nations, if someone hits someone else it will most likely result in a world war, I.e. our alliances and alliances allies will jump to our defense and theirs will jump to their aid e.t.c. there are no active 'raiders' at the top and no room for mistakes.

• Upvote 3
T7Vrilp.png

The two posters before me are spot on. There are 34 nations in my range. I am in maybe about 50 nations range. For us top nations, if someone hits someone else it will most likely result in a world war, I.e. our alliances and alliances allies will jump to our defense and theirs will jump to their aid e.t.c. there are no active 'raiders' at the top and no room for mistakes.

Interesting...BTW how much cash could you get if you looted a top nation? If it is as much as I am imagining, it's really amazing how much restraint you would need as a top nation to not raid.

There are people currently saving for city 5. (You can tell by lack of score growth for a couple of days). These people will have around 1.5mil in cash on them.

So since looting gives you 15% onhand cash, it would give you 225k JUST from looting. Damn.

I'm ranked #73 so unless someone in an alliance decides to go rogue I most likely won't be touched. As for the concern of an alliance war not much is happening in regards to that so it's relatively safe. And if something does break out out of nowhere it won't be hard to ditch all of my eco. buildings with military and build a sizable army.

uHQTKq6.png

Aenir had 0 soldiers at all and was hit a while back by Demon. Aenir immediately built enough infantry to pummel him and then went back to economy after it was over.

Looting doesn't give you a flat 15%. It gives you cash dependant on your military size, so each soldier can carry a certain amount of loot (up to a certain amount I think)

Actually, unless it was changed or I'm not remembering it right, you loot money based on how many of the opponents troops were killed. If less than 50 died, however, loot is then based on attacking soldiers.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Looting doesn't give you a flat 15%. It gives you cash dependant on your military size, so each soldier can carry a certain amount of loot (up to a certain amount I think)

Getting a victory does give you a flat 12% of the opposing nations cash. The stuff looted from each ground battle, however, is dependent on the success of the attack.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Raiders only like to hit inactive and accounts that have dormant for sometime. and at the moment those account happen to be in the mid range or the bottom of the nation rankings. ( if the nations are inactive obviously they wont be at the top nation range)

Another reason is the top nations realise currently the priority is to build up their nation and economy ( not engaging in raids which will certainly bring along all sorts of complications such as retaliation from the allies, paying reps or full scale war , which only serve to set everyone back), so perhaps that's why if you click on the top nation range their military is not as huge as you might expect to see.

Plus the game time have slow down, unlike speed round where one war can be concluded within 2 hours. So even with minimal military, those top nation can easily mobilise if they are raided.