Orbis Fustercluck, 2020.

Prefontaine

8 hours ago, Bjorn Ironside said:

Going on @Alex latest ruling, the truth is I am starting to believe as are many others that Alex did give NPO/GPWC the go ahead and then later just changed the goal posts.

Last year I get a nation strike for withdrawing my personal funds from an offshore and entering VM and lose 20%, yet Jazz do it and Alex is fine with it.

So how can we be 100% sure that alex did not tell NPO it was ok to just change his mind later

So first, he didn't give the go ahead. He said it was an issue that should be fixed by a mechanics update.

Second, there was never any mention of real life goods (especially illegal ones) being traded for in-game benefits. This part is laid out incredibly clearly in the rules in the some of the least ambiguous language.

Additionally, say their is a law that says don't murder and you go to the President, or even better, the dictator of a country who made the law, and say, "hypothetically speaking, can I murder this dude?" And the answer is some sort of ambiguous, but surely not explicitly forbidding answer, will you kill the dude? And do you expect that when it comes to your judgement for killing the dude that your hypothetical question which flew directly in the face of the law will convince the court of your innocence?

It's really not as complicated as people keep making it out to be.

The best defense is really the "you can't prove we had scanlations", because yea, we can't, we probably could've if Alex had gone undercover longer, but if you hearing barking in the next room and someone says, "yea my dog in there." You can generally guess there is a dog in that room without necessarily opening the door.

• Upvote 4

You can't prove scanlations because I think they really did stop sometime around november. Another group picked up the series in october, so there would be nothing keeping their guinea pigs on the plantation. They had already started distributing the translation of the novel in september though, so they were able to switch to using the novel as the carrot instead.

This post is purely supposition and opinion, and should not be misconstrued as a statement of fact.

Edited by ArcKnox

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.