National Project: Power Grid

McMelvin

• Administrators

I get that it's a power grid that costs money, but what does it do?

Like why would anyone want to spend all that money/resources on it?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think I saw this same suggestion a while back. It would be a national power grid so if you made excess energy in one city, and another is lacking then I the excess would also supply the other city.

So like one nuclear power plant would be able to run two cities if it produced excess energy(I feel like there is a hole in that statement somewhere).

But I think that's waaaaay too much price wise

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

I think I saw this same suggestion a while back. It would be a national power grid so if you made excess energy in one city, and another is lacking then I the excess would also supply the other city.

So like one nuclear power plant would be able to run two cities if it produced excess energy(I feel like there is a hole in that statement somewhere).

But I think that's waaaaay too much price wise

A power grid should increase the effectiveness of powerplants. Each plant generates 50% more infrastructure support. Coal and Oil now support 750 infra, Nuke supports 1500, so on and so forth. I know you know how to do math.

Have both, have the power made from power plants be increased by maybe 50%, as Toxxikation stated. Also have it transfer excess power into new cities.

Only problem where would be coding it, as I imagine something that transfers excess power would be incredibly hard to do, without just recoding the entire game. Which will obviously not happen.

• Upvote 1

Meh, if you get all the power totals from all the rows with your user ID (from the city table) and add it up like you do info on the nation page it should be easily done, just minus the value used in each city from it until It is less than what is required and then that city and any further ones are unpowered. Simples.

T7Vrilp.png

What if you call it enhanced power grid and increase the amount of infra power stations can serve by e.g. 20%? So nuclear power from 2,000 to 2,200 infra

Have it do both things, but if possible, have the price dependent on the number of cities you have at time of purchase....ie, it would cost more in money and resources for 4 cities then with 3 cities. Then when you by another city for the standard price make an option to where you can spend more to hook that new city to the grid. This would simulate the added infra cost to the new city. Maybe have infra actually cost a bit more in the cities that are attached to the grid, or even a slightly higher upkeep cost due to maintaining it. Just some thoughts.

Edited by Coach

X4EfkAB.png

Yeah, if we do what Jerry LeRow says then it would be more expensive. I also agree that it should be expensive because it is a major advantage to a player who uses it. Still wondering if it should be between $8 and $12 million or more like $20 million+

• Upvote 1