Rogue nation response ideas

Jodo

Yeah this should have nothing to do with politics. 

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Forcing anything on anybody is just going to get the opposite effect from what we want and dissuade from it. Forcing me to do something would just make me dislike that thing as a whole. So don't force politics on noobs, it's a bad idea.

Politics will come anyway, politics is created by active non neutral players and alliances. If we get them active, we'll get politics alongside it. So not only is forcing it a bad idea, it's also a useless idea as well.

Another idea would be getting them on IRC, as most alliances use it and we can direct them from there. Rather then by in game messaging or the forums here, which simply are not as effective.

Have we got any alliances in mind though? I can't see many myself that would be good choices, as we want somebody that has an alliance that isn't a complete tool and alliance is active to some extent. And by tool I don't mean somebody who is clueless, as that would defeat the point. I'm referring to people who are just awful at the game as a whole. As we really don't want lots of them running alliances. Do we not?

Edited by Wilhelm IV

Jerry, this has literally zero in common with what you just said. I'm not doing a UN. This is entirely OOC, voluntary, and a learning tool. That's it.

Edited by Jodo

q8nfyvc.gif

Jerry, this has literally zero in common with what you just said. I'm not doing a UN. This is entirely OOC, voluntary, and a learning tool. That's it.

Was just a suggestion.

To the mentor idea: In general, yes, sounds good in theory. Based on what we tried in Guardian back then (not sure if Shelly remembers) was something similar; we wrote guides and tried to assign mentors to newbies. The feedback I got was simply that our offer wasn't accepted and the idea failed.

I mean if a person has a question, as far as I observe, they either ask on IRC or post directly here in the forum.

But in combination with protectorates and the marquee alliances recognizing said treaties, the idea might be to let them experience their own successes as well as failures. As Jodo proposed they could get some experienced players assigned and learn from their own mistakes as well as from the advises we give them.

But the problem, imo, are not other alliances, who mostly behave and respect protectorates (except for a few, who shall remain unmentioned for now). The problem are the small, new nations that are just here to raid & destroy (and we all know there are such guys). But as Jodo said, we'll never get fully rid of them.

Another small problem I see: What if the protecting alliances "abuse" their power and install sort of puppet governments in those new alliances?

"To some Powers it is given to us to be pupils; to some we are destined to be soldiers, but to others we know ourselves to be their masters, and over some we must understand that we are stewards." - Lorgar, Trachtatus Entropia Book 2

php9BQiIRAM.jpg

Ragnar never missing an oppertunty to reciute haha anyways what do people think of my suggested changes/addons?

ACDC wasn't recruiting nor was it treaties. 

ACDC (Alliance Creation and Development Center).

It allowed people to get a step by step guide from myself or a fellow SK govt person in how to create an alliance. From forums, to general politics and whatnot. If it's something like this, I'd be interested in helping out.

Shut up Ragnar

Nou.

I say this because I can see this backfireing from being a thing to help young naitons to being a thing for alliances to gain members. 

It will.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I don't see that as backfiring, if anything that'll just help. New nation really likes his mentor and joins his alliance, that alliance gains a members and that nation gains an alliance. If an alliance wants to gain members by helping new nations then good on them.

• Upvote 1

uHQTKq6.png

I'd suggest a timeline and limited mentorship period. Like 1-2 weeks or some crap. Kick the baby bird out of the nest ASAP,just give them a chance to possibly fly.

What about a list of "on-demand" mentors? Not only for newbies, perhaps also for members who have been away for some time...

What about a list of "on-demand" mentors? Not only for newbies, perhaps also for members who have been away for some time...

that makes no sense,if they've been around before then they probably know enough.

• Administrators

Very interesting thread! I just read it and caught up. I think this is a great idea, and I'm willing to cooperate with you guys, although I think this is (and should be) a player lead organization. If you need me to set up a subforum, or edit the welcome message to the game to promote this program to new players, I'm willing to do so 100%.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Very interesting thread! I just read it and caught up. I think this is a great idea, and I'm willing to cooperate with you guys, although I think this is (and should be) a player lead organization. If you need me to set up a subforum, or edit the welcome message to the game to promote this program to new players, I'm willing to do so 100%.

star-trek-make-it-so.jpg

• Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

If alliances want to promote the idea of norms of behavior, it is up to said alliances to enforce those norms via force.  Absent force, anything goes.  That's why there's raids. If raiders knew the moment they hit an alliance member, they'd be pulverized, they wouldn't raid.

The prevalence of raiders says more about the ineptitude of Orbis's so-called leaders then it does about the raiders themselves.

I don't think raiders are a problem.  I think alliance leaders bringing in norms of behavior from Bob or Digiteriea or wherever and trying to impose them on Orbis without the ability to enforce those norms is the problem.

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy
  • Upvote 2

Duke of House Greyjoy