Other Satellites (Space program)

Prefontaine

First I'd like to lead with the fact that the space based projects are meant to be more end-game based projects. They're supposed to be expensive. They're supposed to have impacting bonuses. After these projects come out I am working towards developing projects which specifically target the 1-15 city range, but this is what's currently on the agenda. 

Links to the space projects can be found in this thread.

We have the space program project, which opens up the production of satellites. This thread is to pitch other satellites. You don't have to worry about hammering down costs, but more of ideas. There's a telecom one (improves econ), a spy one (improves espionage), working on a military one and I want there to be a few more as well. What I'm looking for from all of you is a general idea of what it does. For example a pitch could be as simple as this:

Resource Satellite, improves raw resource production.

Or you could build upon it. Include what other projects you'd be required to have, maybe needing one of the raw production projects to be able to get that one. Maybe you have ideas for costs. Maybe it has multiple effects, one big one small, or several small. But that's the sort of stuff I'm looking for in this thread, thanks.

Anything water related will result in a perma-ban

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

How about the slightly sci-fi idea of a solar harvester? It gathers energy from the sun and beams it down to your nation. Exactly how much you get can be debated, it seems a bit OP to be powering all your cities with an indestructible power source, so I'd suggest it is equal to a certain number of nuclear plants, then nations can either use it instead of that many power plants or have it as a backup in case power plants get destroyed during a war

On 9/16/2019 at 6:49 AM, Prefontaine said:

-snip-

The idea is great but we need to cap the projects per nation, atm the big nation with the infra can just get them all and keep their top spot, and gain evcery bonus possible from all the projects.

Getting all the projects would give a huge advantage for the older players while the newer ones can't get all and if they want all it will takke alot of time. 

Edited by MonkeyDLegend
32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

6 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

The idea is great but we need to cap the projects per nation, atm the big nation with the infra can just get them all and keep their top spot, and gain evcery bonus possible from all the projects.

Getting all the projects would give a huge advantage for the older players while the newer ones can't get all and if they want all it will takke alot of time. 

Problem with that is at a certain point they're spending over a billion to be able to get that new project slot. With these 3 you're looking at 19 project slots to have them all. That's 95,000 infra. That's over 3100 infra in each city in a 30 city nations. And where are you going to cap it? 10? 5? 15?

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

5 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Problem with that is at a certain point they're spending over a billion to be able to get that new project slot. With these 3 you're looking at 19 project slots to have them all. That's 95,000 infra. That's over 3100 infra in each city in a 30 city nations. And where are you going to cap it? 10? 5? 15?

Great point.  But we're talking a one time cost and a lifetime of bonus from the projects, which i feel is unfair for new players. 
Alltho i find it good that it costs alot to get all of them, but i also feel the bonus outweighs the cost long term. 

As for the cap, i don't know tbqh. 10 seems too low, 15 is too much.
10 would be good for the game, it would force players play more strategically and be more dependent on other members in their respective alliance. But this would give a huge advantage to big alliances and a dissadvantage to the small ones.

Could also just leave it be as it is and see how it affects the game for a period of time.

32204241a4480364cfebb04c10bf72cfaeb4dce2x696.gif
Former Manager t$ and Director of R&D
Former Director of Finance, Security in e$
Founder of The Prate Syndicate(test server)
luffyt$forum.gif

On 9/17/2019 at 7:45 PM, Prefontaine said:

The more the merrier. I Iike having crazy goals and the more options one has the more diverse nations we will see among those that don't have enough infra for all projects. Right now we have cookie cutter nation builds and I'd like to see more diversity. 

gg-fu-banner.png

1 hour ago, Viselli said:

The more the merrier. I Iike having crazy goals and the more options one has the more diverse nations we will see among those that don't have enough infra for all projects. Right now we have cookie cutter nation builds and I'd like to see more diversity. 

This. If we had, say, 30 Projects then it would be effectively impossible to collect them all (unless you devote sodding yeeaaars to it). We would see more diversity in nations. Some would be war focused, some econ focused, some a mixture, etc etc makes life more interesting than just 'I haz x cities so I haz y Projects'

• Upvote 1