I miss speed round

Paul Banks

I, for one, really enjoyed the speed round, and I would love to see an optional speed round that resets every month, running alongside the main game, but not economically attached to it in any way. Would it be possible to set something like that up, or would that be too demanding on the servers?

• Upvote 1

I, for one, really enjoyed the speed round, and I would love to see an optional speed round that resets every month, running alongside the main game, but not economically attached to it in any way. Would it be possible to set something like that up, or would that be too demanding on the servers?

It'd be nice to see something like that in the future. Once we have more players.

I think we'd have to have enough donations in though to cover expenses on the server, as we're already meeting max capacity with just the normal game at times.

• Administrators

I would absolutely love to have this, and it's definitely on my to-do list. Expect a permanent speed round at some point in the future.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

IF this happens, make it separate from the current game we are having.

BTW, other than the rages of the game, I really had fun in the Speed Round. It's hard for the veterans (P&W Beta Testers and Speed Round Testers) to adapt to this.

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).

I'd like to see a Permanent speedround as well, maybe with 30 minute turns instead of 10 and three months long instead of one?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Will players get awards that will transfer to standard edition or is this just for fun?

Edited by Talisman

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I'd like to see a Permanent speedround as well, maybe with 30 minute turns instead of 10 and three months long instead of one?

I was just going to comment along these lines.  Maybe a speed round that's a little less "speedy" than the previous one.

c3Ct0v4.png

Well players get awards that will transfer to standard edition or is this just for fun?

Transferring Awards would be nice.

Largest score

Largest population

Member of winning alliance

Most wars

Most casualties 

Most infra destroyed

etc.

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

was thinking if there is a speed round maybe it is for those who opts to join in the game ( speed round game) I mean instead of getting everyone involved. remember how many rage quit during the recent speed round? ,complaining the their nation was whacked by the time they woke up and etc.

so let say if there is going to be speed round, give the players the option whether they want to be in or they can opt to stay out and continue playing the normal P&W game which is on going....that would be better instead of forcing everyone to be involved in the speed round only to have more than 50% go inactive.

No one will be forced to play speed round, when sheepy brings back speed round as a separate server the players will have the option to go and play the speed round or not.

• Upvote 3

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Administrators

I was just going to comment along these lines.  Maybe a speed round that's a little less "speedy" than the previous one.

This would probably be better, 30 minutes turns for 4x the speed, although I'm not sure if a 3 month gameplay is necessary. Maybe 2 months, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link