Starting 2018 the Right Way

RightHonorable

On 5-1-2018 at 8:01 AM, Buorhann said:

I feel that I should clarify.  Vanek, Avruch, and dmj were pretty docile towards others - so I can see why you'd see that, as Vanek and Avruch were the Chairman after Pfeiffer.  The rest of our government were rather dick-ish to others if we were contacted (And especially so behind the scenes).  Pfeiffer was pretty vocal for us initially and did a lot what the community requested of him, but both him and TUGT had caused headaches behind the scenes with some others as well.  I was also pretty direct and blunt with promises of conflict if things didn't go our way (That is, to those that caused us issues).  We certainly weren't the friendly ones of our sphere.  Syndicate had to cover for us a lot.

While our Dynamic™ wasn't TEst-like, we could very well have done more if it we weren't trying to restrain ourselves for the sake of our allies.  Not quite sure what your point is here, because there's been a few times where we did act (Or would've acted) on our own.  I mean, we hit SI, SK, GPA, Vanguard, Lordaeron, Arrgh (when they had military and had ex-Mensa members in it)...  I think I'm missing one or two more.  And you can ask our allies that I've pestered the hell out of them for a 1v1 for the sake of bloodying each other's noses for fun, but that obviously didn't happen.

The next big thing I was trying to see we could accomplish was a 1v1 with TEst, but at the time they were rather larger than us - so it would've been a rather awkward conflict until we grew more to be in line with them.   By then, our coalition was already high up on seeing paperless rolled for various reasons and shortly after that conflict, TEst disbanded.

Not very many alliances can really claim what you're trying to point out either.  In any case, we've always been one of the top performers in the wars, so you trying to question our capability is rather silly.

For those who wonder. Mensa-tS since inception was give-and-take. Syndicate was not dominant per say. Rather, we were two very differently yet similar sides of the same coin. Mensa was more aggressive and less political than tS (Hell, they weren't really too political at all for the longest time). They didn't care for subtleties. Come peace time, we (Syndicate) provided a lot of the behind-the-scenes sphere and coalition building. Come war time, mensa relied on us to pull all those lose ends together. It wasn't always easy and there were a lot of hours spent normalizing Mensa relations with Syndicate allies over various issues. 

In return however, Mensa provided the Syndicate with what was at the time the most potent military force in the game, as well as amazing board activity for propaganda purposes and backroom access to various metrics far before most of the alliances adopted them. They were ready to go to bat for the Syndicate's political rivalries and aspirations as much as the Syndicate covered them to get away with their shenanigans. It was mutual. We had a good ride. But by no means was Mensa submissive to us.

On the contrary... I'd daresay anyone who knew Mensa would agree that any domineering attitude toward them would have ended in war. We were no different for them in that regard. We understood that, and they understood our motivations. That's what made it work :P.

• Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

3 hours ago, Partisan said:

lol. If Mensa always did what I said, they wouldn't have raided Vanguard and half our wars with rose wouldn't have occurred the way they did :v.

But... Vanguard was like a !@#$ing honeycomb for mensa. Whenever their name popped up Mensa went DIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIO and flocked to the banners. It was intriguing to watch.

That was when Pfeiffer was leader, further proving my point.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

8 hours ago, Kastor said:

That was when Pfeiffer was leader, further proving my point.

What is your point? :P

But no, not really. ProxyFest (as I call it. Y'all dumbnuts call it 168) started when Rose took advantage of sphere dissent surrounding a Mensa raid on Vanguard among other things. That was post-pfeiffer.

os9LcJK.gif

7 hours ago, Partisan said:

What is your point? :P

But no, not really. ProxyFest (as I call it. Y'all dumbnuts call it 168) started when Rose took advantage of sphere dissent surrounding a Mensa raid on Vanguard among other things. That was post-pfeiffer.

No, it wasn’t. Pfeiffer was leader until after 168. Learn your history.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=