2 step process

Spectral

If a user is being a bigot, for whatever reason in regards to race, sex, or sexual orientation, then I would encourage you to follow these steps, in order:

1.) Report it to their alliance leader. Having a bigot making an ass out of himself is a political liability. Most leaders will be more than willing to curb the user if there really is a problem.

2.) If that fails, and its happening in-game or on the OWF; report it to a mod. They will try to help you out, as that's a part of their jobs.

In the event that it's happening on discord, and not an area that the mods can help, then:

A.) Put the user on ignore, or leave the server that they're harassing you in. You can ignore them by clicking on their name, going to profile, hitting the three dots at the top, and hitting block. You can leave the server by clicking the three dots by the server name, and clicking the red 'Leave Server' option at the bottom of the list.

This is for those who actually face the biggotry, and not the ones piggybacking off the attempted movement to garner attention and trying to seem as though they're fighting for those affected by it. I have literally no respect for them.

Edited by Spectral
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, Spectral said:

If a user is being a bigot, for whatever reason in regards to race, sex, or sexual orientation, then I would encourage you to follow these steps, in order:

1.) Report it to their alliance leader. Having a bigot making an ass out of himself is a political liability. Most leaders will be more than willing to curb the user if there really is a problem.

2.) If that fails, and its happening in-game or on the OWF; report it to a mod. They will try to help you out, as that's a part of their jobs.

In the event that it's happening on discord, and not an area that the mods can help, then:

A.) Put the user on ignore, or leave the server that they're harassing you in. You can ignore them by clicking on their name, going to profile, hitting the three dots at the top, and hitting block. You can leave the server by clicking the three dots by the server name, and clicking the red 'Leave Server' option at the bottom of the list.

This is for those who actually face the biggotry, and not the ones piggybacking off the attempted movement to garner attention and trying to seem as though they're fighting for those affected by it. I have literally no respect for them.

1. Everyone knows what I bring to the table.

2. I keep my shit legit on here and in-game.

2A. The people who dislike me the most are:

1.already not on my favorite servers

2.have me blocked and vice versa

3. are on a mutually assured destruction no direct contact

Since it seems despite being called an edgelord and the root of this problem, it's amazing how I'm being placed at center spotlight over this (y'all salty I seek attention, yet you keep giving me more. No publicity is bad publicity.) If anyone needs to bring up the past like a typical woman, please reconsider for the sake of the children. 

>This is still going on? jeez @Darth Revan

Women always gotta have the last word fam. ?

Edited by ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Spectral said:

What if it's part of my faith to do so?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Quasi said:

What if it's part of my faith to do so?

Faith is abstract.

Demographics are concrete.

What's abstract is not concrete.

If you claim to have a faith that supports bigotry against demographics, then you don't really have a faith at all.

Just now, Dubayoo said:

Faith is abstract.

Demographics are concrete.

What's abstract is not concrete.

If you claim to have a faith that supports bigotry against demographics, then you don't really have a faith at all.

Guess I'm the Devil's Advocate now. How are demographics relevant? How do you determine with your ethics that a faith ''isn't really a faith (meaning wrong? Just an excuse?)?

• Upvote 1

Huh?

Without demographics, you have nothing to be bigoted about.  I didn't even bring up ethics here either.

1 minute ago, Dubayoo said:

Huh?

Without demographics, you have nothing to be bigoted about.  I didn't even bring up ethics here either.

You can have ideology that determines bigotry is acceptable or needed.
I bring up ethics because you are using the axiom that bigotry is bad, therefore any belief that supports bigotry is bad. Unless I am strawmanning you.

• Upvote 1

See what I said above about what's abstract versus what's concrete.  You're talking about pseudo-ideology, not actual ideology.

1 minute ago, Dubayoo said:

See what I said above about what's abstract versus what's concrete.  You're talking about pseudo-ideology, not actual ideology.

I forgot what ''demographics'' meant for a second there, wew.
My point is you gave this leap of faith. If a faith holds bigotry against certain people then it is not a faith? On what axiom do you justify this on?
Maybe I'm too tired but let me see if I even understand you:
1. Faith is abstract
2. Humans are real OR The study of populations is real
3. The abstract cannot be real
4. So to be biased against (certain) people OR reject the study of populations makes your faith not real.

I find this to be a leap of faith because it's on this axiom that bigotry is inherently bad I guess? Can you not use demographics to have a different interperation?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Quasi said:

If a faith holds bigotry

This is like saying, "If you have a square circle..." It just doesn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong.  I know how words are used conventionally in society.  The problem is our conventions confuse pseudo-beliefs with actual beliefs.  Our conventions look at what people practice and how people label themselves instead of actually analyzing the integrity of what we're talking about.

That's why what you're saying doesn't make sense.  There are "faiths" out there which claim to be bigoted, but they aren't actually faiths at all.

5 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

This is like saying, "If you have a square circle..." It just doesn't make sense.

Don't get me wrong.  I know how words are used conventionally in society.  The problem is our conventions confuse pseudo-beliefs with actual beliefs.  Our conventions look at what people practice and how people label themselves instead of actually analyzing the integrity of what we're talking about.

That's why what you're saying doesn't make sense.  There are "faiths" out there which claim to be bigoted, but they aren't actually faiths at all.

I do not understand how a faith cannot hold bigotry. Is it safe to assume my list of points represented you? You're being pretty unclear to me, you're not responding to everything. In a formal debate this can be accused as intellectual dishonesty but I don't want to go that far, I think you're cool. So bear with me please.

'' Our conventions look at what people practice and how people label themselves instead of actually analyzing the integrity of what we're talking about. ''

It seems to me you're saying that pseudo-ideology is wrong ideology?

Edited by Quasi
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quasi said:

I do not understand how a faith cannot hold bigotry. Is it safe to assume my list of points represented you? You're being pretty unclear to me, you're not responding to everything. In a formal debate this can be accused as intellectual dishonesty but I don't want to go that far, I think you're cool. So bear with me please.

...because faiths are abstract.  Bigotry involves demographics which are concrete.  What's abstract is not concrete, so faiths cannot be bigoted.

Demographics are not a study.  They're simply data on populations like gender and race.  

You're also confusing the definition of "real" between how it can refer to what's physical versus referring to what's genuine.  Likewise, you're confusing the definition of human between how it can refer to mankind versus what's humane.

3 minutes ago, Quasi said:

I do not understand how a faith cannot hold bigotry.

Islam is a religion of peace!

cx DERP xD LOL RAWR ;D;D;D

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

35 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

...because faiths are abstract.  Bigotry involves demographics which are concrete.  What's abstract is not concrete, so faiths cannot be bigoted.

Demographics are not a study.  They're simply data on populations like gender and race.  

You're also confusing the definition of "real" between how it can refer to what's physical versus referring to what's genuine.  Likewise, you're confusing the definition of human between how it can refer to mankind versus what's humane.

Yeah, I think I got your axiom now. Bigotry is an abstract on its own actually, it's not ''concrete''. It seems to me you are substituting the definitions of concrete or demographic with bigotry. You need to demonstrate bigotry not being abstract but concrete.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Quasi said:

Yeah, I think I got your axiom now. Bigotry is an abstract on its own actually, it's not ''concrete''. It seems to me you are substituting the definitions of concrete or demographic with bigotry. You need to demonstrate bigotry not being abstract but concrete.

You can't be a bigot without a concrete demographic to be bigoted against.

If your faith supports bigotry, then your faith sucks. Most religions talk about embracing people that are dufferent, and attempting to convert them.

And then yiu have certain people who pollute it and turn it into something entirely different. Regardless, if your faith embraces bigotry, then kindly practice it behind close doors. We live in the modern age where most human beings are capable of having different belief, genitals and orientations without trying to kill each other.

I even met a southern Baptist once that actually didn't care that was friends with a gay guy.

1 minute ago, Spectral said:

If your faith supports bigotry, then your faith sucks. Most religions talk about embracing people that are dufferent, and attempting to convert them.

And then yiu have certain people who pollute it and turn it into something entirely different. Regardless, if your faith embraces bigotry, then kindly practice it behind close doors. We live in the modern age where most human beings are capable of having different belief, genitals and orientations without trying to kill each other.

I even met a southern Baptist once that actually didn't care that was friends with a gay guy.

It's a little more complex than that.

Faiths are based around principles just like ideologies, principles which are context free.  Take for example the Seven Virtues in Catholicism or the Eightfold Path in Buddhism. Bigotry's failure is its dependence on context to define right and wrong.

For a faith or ideology to be genuine, it must have no contextual dependence.