Debate Topics

Karl Marx

Topics  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What should we talk about?

• Guns
    • Government Involvement in Healthcare

We should have more debates. If a new idea becomes popular, I'll add it to the poll.

Edited by Karl Marx

"Your 'order' is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will already 'raise itself with a rattle' and announce with fanfare, to your terror: I was, I am, I will be!" - Rosa Luxemburg

Why GPA needs to be rolled

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

this pretty much sums up what i have to say but i might get fussed at if i only put one word so i am going on and on for no real reason.

[00:37:08] You guys are just my puppets

[00:37:13] I am the master pulling the strings

[00:37:15] * Sheepy laughs evilly

It looks like the death penalty takes it.

"Your 'order' is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will already 'raise itself with a rattle' and announce with fanfare, to your terror: I was, I am, I will be!" - Rosa Luxemburg

The death penalty thread has died down, so now we move on to our next topic. Guns and government healthcare both came in second, and the poll has been changed to a runoff between the two.

Since government (you mean publicly-funded, right?) healthcare barely exists in some countries, by choosing to discuss only the public side you'd make it difficult for those people to contribute much to the discussion.  If you widen the topic to include healthcare systems in general, people from all over the world could join in and share their experiences and opinions of public-, private-, and mixed-funding healthcare systems.

6hu5nt.jpg

Since government (you mean publicly-funded, right?) healthcare barely exists in some countries, by choosing to discuss only the public side you'd make it difficult for those people to contribute much to the discussion.  If you widen the topic to include healthcare systems in general, people from all over the world could join in and share their experiences and opinions of public-, private-, and mixed-funding healthcare systems.

The topic would be about to what degree and in what areas a country's government should be involved in its healthcare system. You could talk about the private and/or public sectors if you wanted to.

The topic would be about to what degree and in what areas a country's government should be involved in its healthcare system. You could talk about the private and/or public sectors if you wanted to.

The word "should" implies it's only an ethical decision. Ask virtually any medical practitioner and they'll tell you it's simply about using the money available to get better medical outcomes. How those outcomes are distributed is the interesting discussion.

Alternatively, PiratePaul seems keen to talk about guns.

6hu5nt.jpg

Why all the negativity.....what did we ever do to anybody? We are back in like 9th place, doing our own thing not bothering anyone. Why pick on the neutral guys?

X4EfkAB.png

"What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?" - Zapp Brannigan

Ha, ha, ha.......I'll never tell! Really though....for me, I'm just an old man who is just trying to joke his way through life. Folks get too riled up over nothing these days so if anyone ever tries to be serious....someone else will most certainly take offense to it. So I just like to sit on the sidelines and see how one group will handle something that they may find offensive.....will it be diplomatically or at the edge of a blade....I'm a people watcher (hey....cut that out you perv...this is a family fun game)! A lover, not a fighter!

Edited by Coach

X4EfkAB.png

I'm a psycopathic murderer who gets off to other people's pain and suffering.
Just kidding. I'm a goddamn pirate. Everything I know is looting, lusting and napping.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Government in healthcare is winning... but just by one vote, which seems a little too close to start a thread.

Also: 100th post! Wooooooo!

Both topics are now tied. The next one to get a vote wins.

I have decided the fate of the many.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Alright. We'll talk guns now.