This is silly

Flubb

Wow, that's just all kinds of !@#$ed up

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

completely disrespectful to members of the military.

But I hear that their hospitals are good. /sarcasm

Might as well disband the whole military at this point. A certain politician cut our military spending in half, doesn't give a shit about our soldiers' care when they come home, withdrew all of our troops only to undo our work there... Almost all while playing golf in California. It isn't even just Obama. A ton of people are calling ourselves warmongers. It doesn't matter if you like Obama or any of those ass holes, this needs to stop. 

>inb4 America becomes 2nd France

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

But I hear that their hospitals are good. /sarcasm

Might as well disband the whole military at this point. A certain politician cut our military spending in half, doesn't give a !@#$ about our soldiers' care when they come home, withdrew all of our troops only to undo our work there... Almost all while playing golf in California. It isn't even just Obama. A ton of people are calling ourselves warmongers. It doesn't matter if you like Obama or any of those !@#$ holes, this needs to stop. 

>inb4 America becomes 2nd France

I thought he was declaring it not a combat zone but leaving them there so they don't get combat pay. Or at least that's what my grandma said.

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

I thought he was declaring it not a combat zone but leaving them there so they don't get combat pay. Or at least that's what my grandma said.

Either way, still messed up. Raising government minimum wage while scamming our troops like that.  :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Either way, still messed up. Raising government minimum wage while scamming our troops like that.  :unsure:

Yeah. I agree the minimum needed to be raised but $15/hr is too damn much. Look at Australia, $16/hr last I checked and companies that use minimum wage hate opening stores and hiring people there, the usually only staffed bare minimum needed to run a store. Honestly $10 an hour is fine. Many places around here do it even though minimum is lower, and they do fine, increasing it by 50% will decrease the amount of open jobs.

• Upvote 1
Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Yeah. I agree the minimum needed to be raised but $15/hr is too damn much. Look at Australia, $16/hr last I checked and companies that use minimum wage hate opening stores and hiring people there, the usually only staffed bare minimum needed to run a store. Honestly $10 an hour is fine. Many places around here do it even though minimum is lower, and they do fine, increasing it by 50% will decrease the amount of open jobs.

The minimum wage needs to be enough to make ends meet. End of.

None of these figures should be higher than 40 or 50.

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Upvote 2

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

Yes that is going off minimum wage. Here in Texas minimum wage is $7.25/hr, or Federal minimum, but many places hire at $10/hr or more. Bill Millers' are always looking to hire and at least here in San Antonio and Austin they offer a starting wage of 10/hr, Buc-ee's hires at $11.25/hr-$12.50/hr, and a lot of places do. People are able to live off this and places here are usually hiring, but at $15/hr they might not be hiring as much because in the case of Bill Miller's they are being forced to pay their employees an extra 50% meaning that a staff of 10-15 (which is usually what's in the kitchen) is now valued at 15-22 staff members.

I agree minimum wage should be higher, but $15/hr is too high especially since it is more than double the current. Yes I know it will be a gradual progression but like I pointed out earlier, Australia has their "living wage" at $16/hr (conversion rate isn't that much) and every chain, or business like McDonalds, EB Games Wal-Mart, etc is reluctant to do business there, and usually has much stricter hiring standards than here in the US of A.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that Cali has a higher minimum than Texas yet still requires almost 40 extra a week, and Maryland has the same as Texas, yet only requires 8 more than Cali. It's not only minimum wage that needs to be dealt with.

Edited by RedArmy BushMan
  • Upvote 1

Az6EzuS.png

Yes I know it will be a gradual progression but like I pointed out earlier, Australia has their "living wage" at $16/hr (conversion rate isn't that much) and every chain, or business like McDonalds, EB Games Wal-Mart, etc is reluctant to do business there, and usually has much stricter hiring standards than here in the US of A.

As someone who actually lives in Australia, [citation needed]. While Wal-Mart doesn't exist here, the other businesses you mentioned do a pretty lively trade, as do our major department stores and supermarkets - hiring largely minimum wage workers.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that Cali has a higher minimum than Texas yet still requires almost 40 extra a week, and Maryland has the same as Texas, yet only requires 8 more than Cali. It's not only minimum wage that needs to be dealt with.

Of course, but can you honestly see a US government of either stripe moving to regulate rents and prices?

Edited by Lambdadelta

Can't Stop The Signal.

As someone who actually lives in Australia, [citation needed]. While Wal-Mart doesn't exist here, the other businesses you mentioned do a pretty lively trade, as do our major department stores and supermarkets - hiring largely minimum wage workers.

Hmm it has been a while since I looked into it, maybe it's out of date. Though EB Games really surprises me, I've heard they're the same as Game Stop which, from personal experience working for them, has a lot of strict policies to pay employees as little as possible.

Of course, but can you honestly see a US government of either stripe moving to regulate rents and prices?

I could see it, they are trying to regulate and put restrictions on tons of things, why shouldn't they focus on the one thing that is an issue. Like here in San Antonio the state (maybe city not sure which) passed a bill requiring owners of abandoned buildings to pay a yearly fee so the government can inspect and maintain the building to keep them from being eyesores, hazards, and keep out illegal activity that happens in them (I know there's more but I only hear about it during dinner). Maybe not heavily but some regulation, or even encouragement to lower the rent would be tremendous.

Az6EzuS.png

But CAPITALISM !1!1!1!!!!!!

Seriously. Neither party has the stones to alienate the (in this case literal) rent-seekers.

Can't Stop The Signal.

The Democrats in Cali are doing a good job with that. ;)

Seriously. Neither party has the stones to alienate the (in this case literal) rent-seekers.

I'm surprised that the Democrats won't, since they regulate (figuratively) every other business. But, that is really the least of our problems right now. All of our work we've been doing for almost 13 years in Iraq was undone. Illegals come over to get caught, so they can get a notice to appear in a court and a free bus ticket. We are allying with Iran, who is despised by all of the world. We are screwing our friend called Israel. We have rising gas prices, but we aren't drilling here and creating jobs by doing so, we are relying on outside of the US. Our allies in Iraq are getting massacred. All of this while Obama is attending a charity event and playing golf. It doesn't matter if you like what Obama does, he should start doing his job.  <_<

How'd we go from CPS case involving someone in the military to min. wage?

#Internet 

To be honest if you didn't say anything I would have completely forgotten what this thread was about.

Anyways, so basically this guy is going to lose custody of his daughter because a judge in my state thinks that the military has invented teleportation? Hell, if the sub turned around immediately after the ruling, would it have even been possible for the guy to arrive on time? (No idea how fast subs move)

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

We are screwing our friend called Israel.

America may think of Israel as a friend, but Israel (specifically, the Israeli government) thinks of America as a lapdog (it's mostly justified in this belief).

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Upvote 1

Can't Stop The Signal.

America may think of Israel as a friend, but Israel (specifically, the Israeli government) thinks of America as a lapdog (it's mostly justified in this belief).

They are the most democratic nation in the Middle East. If we don't ally with them, then we are allying with nations in a civil war or nations that use chemical weapons on their own citizens. â€‹[stereotype detected]

And what about the rest? 

Also, my computer crashed after loading PaW and my nation was deleted. Conveniently, I had a backup copy of my nation's info. That crashed and I lost that, too. Sheepy, can you ignore my multiple nations to build back up?  :P  [iRS joke; no multis here]

They are the most democratic nation in the Middle East.

That's like saying apartheid-era South Africa was the most democratic nation in sub-Saharan Africa.

It's technically true, but not an especially meaningful statement.

If we don't ally with them, then we are allying with nations in a civil war or nations that use chemical weapons on their own citizens. â€‹[stereotype detected]

And what about the rest?

Israel uses chemical weapons on civilian populations too (for which there is more evidence than of their use by the Assad regime in Syria).

Also, you could just pull out of the region entirely and let them all sort it out amongst themselves [Ron Paul detected].

Edited by Lambdadelta

Can't Stop The Signal.

It's technically true

Also, you could just pull out of the region entirely and let them all sort it out amongst themselves [Ron Paul detected].

We can make it more true. 

Nah, we need a military base somewhere in there in the event that something goes severely wrong. Let's say that ISIS gets control of the whole Iraq military and other terror groups and becomes the new government. Now we have a terrorist group who would die trying to kill Americans with Iraq's military. Now would aligning with someone be so bad? Either we support the most democratic nation in the Middle East and get a base or two in there or we have to invade a whole country with no nearby military assets. No wonder you oppose an advanced war system in PaW.  :P

Also, I like the superscript jokes. I'm doing them from now on. [Wikipedia started them]

we have to invade a whole country with no nearby military assets. No wonder you oppose an advanced war system in PaW.  :P

You're joking right?

Current_US_military_deployments.png

Every place that is colored has US military forces

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

You're joking right?

Current_US_military_deployments.png

Every place that is colored has US military forces

Not enough.

Edited by RedArmy BushMan

Az6EzuS.png