OOC slander, grieving.

Prefonteen

The right thing to do would let people say what they want and let them filter with blocking annoying users.

The smart thing to do would be to cater to whatever the players want.

But i'm not arguing about what the smart thing to do is.

The right thing to do is to not call someone a sex offender.

The smart thing to do is to not call someone a sex offender.

You also don't seem to be arguing what the right thing to do is. Instead, you're overlooking the severity of the comment and righting it off as just a harmless joke. That's slander and defamation of character, and shouldn't be allowed in a game. Why are you defending this sort of behavior and looking down on the appropriate reaction to this situation? Because this is the internet? That doesn't make it any more right than if it was said IRL.

Come on, man. I'm sure (or at least hope) you're a decent human being who wouldn't support this sort of behavior IRL. So why do so in a game that doesn't condone it?

You also don't seem to be arguing what the right thing to do is. Instead, you're overlooking the severity of the comment and righting it off as just a harmless joke. That's slander and defamation of character, and shouldn't be allowed in a game. Why are you defending this sort of behavior and looking down on the appropriate reaction to this situation? Because this is the internet? That doesn't make it any more right than if it was said IRL.

Come on, man. I'm sure (or at least hope) you're a decent human being who wouldn't support this sort of behavior IRL. So why do so in a game that doesn't condone it?

I imagine he believes in true freedom of speech. I can respect if not agree with that.

I don't support this kind of behavior, but i don't also don't think it should be punished when the solution is a few clicks away. (i'm defending someone saying whatever they want, not the specific example)

Also, i was saying what was "smart" and "right" from the game owner's perspective. The right thing to do is to let them figure it out, as one measly insult shouldn't cripple you so much that you don't have the strength to click ignore. But the smart thing to do would be to do whatever to get and retain players, and there are more sensitive people then there are people who enjoy calling people a sex offender.

And honestly, unless i was actually a sex offender, i couldn't possibly imagine how that could offend me. I just don't get it. Even if they told everyone in my alliance. I'd think it would be funny as hell.

Your speech should always be fine if you're willing to shut up before it does immense harm. And, in this case, with the "victim" having the ability to ignore you at any moment, the speech should always be fine.

Icwalk.gif

I don't support this kind of behavior, but i don't also don't think it should be punished when the solution is a few clicks away. (i'm defending someone saying whatever they want, not the specific example)

Also, i was saying what was "smart" and "right" from the game owner's perspective. The right thing to do is to let them figure it out, as one measly insult shouldn't cripple you so much that you don't have the strength to click ignore. But the smart thing to do would be to do whatever to get and retain players, and there are more sensitive people then there are people who enjoy calling people a sex offender.

And honestly, unless i was actually a sex offender, i couldn't possibly imagine how that could offend me. I just don't get it. Even if they told everyone in my alliance. I'd think it would be funny as hell.

Your speech should always be fine if you're willing to shut up before it does immense harm. And, in this case, with the "victim" having the ability to ignore you at any moment, the speech should always be fine.

Problem is, PnW has rules stating which forms of speech is allowed on these forums and in-game. The Game Administrator has the sole right to decide what he wants on his game and forums and can deny the use of such language and take such displinary actions against it.

You have the legal right to Freedom of Expression from government prosecution, not private websites.

Forums rules:

Flaming, Baiting, Trolling, Racism, and Name Calling

Flaming - posts targeted at a player in an effort to anger, hurt, insult, harass, or provoke.

Baiting – coercing a player into breaking the rules.

Trolling - deliberately provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response.

Name Calling - abusive or insulting language referring to a person or group. *Prohibited everywhere except role play forums, and only in role play forums where it is being used within reason with no intent to flame, bait, troll, insult, or hurt.

Racism - having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another.

Game rules:

In-game Communication

All forms of in-game communication, including but not limited to, messaging, war declaration reasons, alliance announcements, leader, city, or nation names, and nation and alliance descriptions must be appropriate. Vulgar language, mean comments, Nazism or Nazi related names and titles, Terrorist organizations related names and titles etc. are not allowed and will result in your nation receiving a strike.

Harassment

Using in-game communication to flame, bait, troll, or otherwise harass other players will result in your nation receiving a strike, or in severe instances your account being banned.

These are the rules for this instances. I find the comment a form of harassment, which is against Game rules, however Alex will be the ultimate judge considering this is a in-game issue. Your argument is flawed, considering it isn't also reflecting the rules every player agrees to when they create their account. You are responsible for your actions, and you can be held responsible for what can be considered indecent activity.
  • Upvote 2
tumblr_nrkmfbUz9q1uomx7lo1_400.gif
Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

Problem is, PnW has rules stating which forms of speech is allowed on these forums and in-game. The Game Administrator has the sole right to decide what he wants on his game and forums and can deny the use of such language and take such displinary actions against it.

You have the legal right to Freedom of Expression from government prosecution, not private websites.

Forums rules:

Game rules:

These are the rules for this instances. I find the comment a form of harassment, which is against Game rules, however Alex will be the ultimate judge considering this is a in-game issue. Your argument is flawed, considering it isn't also reflecting the rules every player agrees to when they create their account. You are responsible for your actions, and you can be held responsible for what can be considered indecent activity.

I'm not arguing against the rules, i'm arguing against the morals of the people in the situation.

No duh, it obviously boils down to the rules of the platform you're using. But if that's the argument, there's nothing to discuss, and this topic should have been closed a long time ago.

Icwalk.gif

I'm not arguing against the rules, i'm arguing against the morals of the people in the situation.

No duh, it obviously boils down to the rules of the platform you're using. But if that's the argument, there's nothing to discuss, and this topic should have been closed a long time ago.

People will be selective about what they read, including the moderators.

Flaming - posts targeted at a player in an effort to anger, hurt, insult, harass, or provoke.

Trolling - deliberately provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response.

Let's not be selective about the wording in the rules.

By the logic demonstrated the OP is violating the ToS by making it a skeptical about an alliance in #politicsandwar and trying to turn it in here with his mention of how Alpha is "abusive." Moderation should use discretion, otherwise every person in the game is worthy of a warn/ban. Considering the amount of time it took for Partisan to come forward to anyone, I'd say he was not angered, nor did the "offender" in the pm intend anyone to be angered. However, the OP reeks of ToS violations.

South%20Park%20-%20Sponsored%20Content%2

Edited by James II

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

By the logic demonstrated the OP is violating the ToS by making it a skeptical about an alliance in #politicsandwar and trying to turn it in here with his mention of how Alpha is "abusive." Moderation should use discretion, otherwise every person in the game is worthy of a warn/ban. Considering the amount of time it took for Partisan to come forward to anyone, I'd say he was not angered, nor did the "offender" in the pm intend anyone to be angered. However, the OP reeks of ToS violations.

Feel free to file a report about it in Forum Reports.

Closed? Agreed. This topic should be locked, however I do not have a second moderator to take such actions at the moment. Even if the morals of the OP is questionable, the comment that could imply Partisan is a sex offender is harassment, but like I said before, this is an in-game issue and Alex is the only one besides ss23 with powers to moderate in-game reports and is ultimatly his decision if punishment is needed.

I highly suggest everyone to stop replying to this topic and let Alex handle this.

With that in mind, I'm not going to reply to this topic again as I have nothing else to say on this matter.

tumblr_nrkmfbUz9q1uomx7lo1_400.gif
Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

People will be selective about what they read, including the moderators.

South%20Park%20-%20Sponsored%20Content%2

Incorrect. The OP neither intents to inflame, nor intends to incite an angry response. It does however bring to light actions that, according to the ToS should not be tolerated and requests for action to be taken.

It's amazing how you personally cry foul about 'OMG OOC" time and time again, and when clear proof is given of an OOC attack, you find an excuse to frame the person reporting it. Do some reflection mate. No one is going to get better from stuff like this being viewed as acceptable in the game. Most of us have seen what it leads to.

And no, I never claimed I am 'angered'. Whether I am 'angered' or not is entirely irrelevant to whether or not the message should be supported.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Harssment? Is there any evidence of repetitive "offensives" Do you have any reason to believe this wasn't a joke? 

There are people in PnW who repeatedly offend and are selective about who they target with their words.

How is someone who targets, and repeatedly makes nasty comments about a particular person or persons even remotely comparable to someone who has never had another "offense" and who could have quite possibly been joking. The first pm was a joke "nukes taste good" the third was a joke which I will not repeat. What other evidence suggests this was repetitive behavior or that it was even intended to be offensive?

With that being said, it should not have been said and warrants a verbal warning, mayyybe an in game warn. You can put your pitchforks and torches away no one is joining your mob.

Edited by James II

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Harssment? Is there any evidence of repetitive "offensives" Do you have any reason to believe this wasn't a joke? 

There are people in PnW who repeatedly offend and are selective about who they target with their words.

How is someone who targets, and repeatedly makes nasty comments about a particular person or persons even remotely comparable to someone who has never had another "offense" and who could have quite possibly been joking. The first pm was a joke "nukes taste good" the third was a joke which I will not repeat. What other evidence suggests this was repetitive behavior or that it was even intended to be offensive?

With that being said, it should not have been said and warrants a verbal warning, mayyybe an in game warn. You can put your pitchforks and torches away no one is joining your mob.

Harassment

Using in-game communication to flame, bait, troll, or otherwise harass other players will result in your nation receiving a strike, or in severe instances your account being banned.

I'd say that the insinuation that I am a registered sex offender, in the context, can not be seen as a joke. There is no context from which you can derive that it was a joke. It was simply randomly flung out there. Given in-game relations at the time, it looks like a clear shot at me. A flame, a bait, a troll- whatever it was intended as, it was against the game rules. Furthermore, going around falsely insinuating that another player is a registered sex offender most certainly is a form of harrassment.

I'm glad you agree that it should not have been said. We'll await sheepy's judgement.

os9LcJK.gif

Im not saying the guy didn't do wrong. But Alice, if you read it correctly... He never said Partisan is a sex offender. He asked if he was which CAN be taken as such but as a Mod and Admin you shouldn't infer or go by "what they meant" for rulings. Because you don't know. You have to take it face value. But I am also not saying he doesn't deserve a strike especially if it's his first infraction. A ban would just be very silly considering 1) We have someone in the comments of this thread alone calling people Cockstains so if he doesn't get atleast a strike wow if they guy who asked a question does. Also 2) If you go all ban crazy about the ToS and harassment all that. I still am gonna push for the War Dec of "You're a disease and Im the cure" to be eliminate because it really is no better. And since the game admin is the one who put it there this case shouldnt take such a huge punishment if any at all. All in all though, if things get out of hand here. You're gonna drive more people to just do even worse shit on IRC which you have no control over at all. But it will soon leak into game and then onto your forums and you will just have mass chaos (Not that you dont already tbh).  

Banner for PnW.png

• Administrators

The player who asked if Partisan was a registered sex offender has received an in-game strike.

In the future, please either send me a PM, or post in the Game Reports section when this happens. This is not a Moderation Support issue, it is a violation of Game Rules, and has been dealt with as such.

Mentioned in the OP was additional OOC attacks. Please report any OOC attack or other violation of the Game Rules, and they will be reviewed individually on a case-by-case basis.

With this resolved, I am now locking the thread.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link