More Political Involvement

I have had some ideas on more politics involving Politics&War

One idea is The Orbis United Nations, name is up for debate, so basically members write laws, resolutions,bills etc... and for example Nuclear Proliferation as a result wecan not build new nuclear weapons, or for 2 weeks and such. Or global food distribution, so food production is increased by 10%, the resolutions can be built by members or by the admin, people debate like in the IRC, or with a moderator involved, people can speak if they also want.

Embassies, Ministers, and Parliament

Embassies

I would love to see Embassies brought in the game, there could be a foreign affairs expenses, ex upkeep of facilities, staff and their families etc... or it could be free, and we could assign ambassadors, a national project that increase the amount of embassies we can have.

Ministers

This would be a serious roleplay help as well as fun, creating political parties, having ministers, roleplaying elections. Posting pictures for them and such, depending on the government type the ministers and their ministry can be created by the player.

Parliament/Senate

Having a senate building and such can allow us to have more roleplay, and more fun, passing "laws,bills" and whatever, having political parties fighting etc...

Any feedback or ideas?

• Upvote 1

I would approve the creation of a intergovernmental organisation this could help promote international cooperation and reduce wars between alliances as well as raids "cough" "cough" Arrgh "cough" "cough"

Edited by Blackfalcon501

2IoFGEj.png?1

Through the Ashes, We Rise 

• Wiki Mod

A UN mechanic only serves for a tyranny of the majority. As such I am strongly opposed.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

A UN mechanic only serves for a tyranny of the majority. As such I am strongly opposed.

I could see what you mean, for example if one alliance or a sphere holds a majority of the votes, then it serious be able to minimise other spheres of threat 

This game needs more options for nation-to-nation diplomacy and the like. There's so much potential but in the end the alliance leaders in PW end up being the only people who do the politics.

I do agree, and for more nation-nation diplomacy is crucial to this game, and adds to the lively hood, not to mention intensity, most of this type of stuff is over at the NATrp and I hope one day it gets added to the game

A tyranny of the majority could easily exist when two leaders of a dominant militaristic faction decide to produce private messages with one another in order to dictate the affairs of Orbis. However, a United Nations would result in providing members, despite their military power, with the ability to produce decisions on behalf of the members within the institution. Fortunately, certain members are capable of refraining from functioning as a member of the U.N. in order to function as sovereign citizens within the nation of Orbis.

• 3 weeks later...

It

A tyranny of the majority could easily exist when two leaders of a dominant militaristic faction decide to produce private messages with one another in order to dictate the affairs of Orbis. However, a United Nations would result in providing members, despite their military power, with the ability to produce decisions on behalf of the members within the institution. Fortunately, certain members are capable of refraining from functioning as a member of the U.N. in order to function as sovereign citizens within the nation of Orbis.

Well said

• 1 month later...

Hopefully, individuals shall be capable of examining the explanation in order to understand that a United Nations would EMPOWER inferior alliances and rogue states considering that the CURRENT SYSTEM involves the leaders of superior organizations dictating the affairs of the public.

​IT'S A CONSPIRACY! THE ELITE SHARE IN THE SPOILS OF WAR OVER THE BLOOD OF INNOCENT PROLETARIAN NATIONS!

​RISE UP! BREAK FROM YOUR CHAINS!

I completely agree with this idea. I agree that it would bring more interesting rp's and events to happen in Orbis. I would also like to get involved in more rp and I would really like to get involved with other nations in Orbis.

-

-

-

Arnaldo Florin| King of San Florence

• 4 weeks later...

All these ideas seem pretty good and embassies arent necessary but would be interesting

Goomy: *Hot Goomy is 5 miles away from you and looking to have some fun*

Guilo: O.O Click bait is sooooooo tempting

Aoi Toori: Well its Goomy, who wouldn't?

If Dillon A McCann is Ted Cruz then doesn't that make him the zodiac killer? Rip zodiac #EndofZodiac

Two powerful individuals collaborating is not quite the same as being able to vote to temporarily alter the mechanics for the entire game, or even an entire opt-in group.

Edited by Ilya