Multiple Users on IP

dinoking93

I have made a post about this before, but it died and now more people want to be able to play this game.

At my school, a lot of people want to be able play this game. But most of them can not because you are not allowed to have more than two people on the IP. I, of course, am one of the people who usually play. And there is one person, who no longer goes here, using the other slot. I probably know 8-9 people who want to play. My whole entire school has laptops, every student has one given to them. So they do have access to this all day. I am on a college campus and a high school campus. But the majority of the people I know that want to play this, are the high schoolers, they would be able to log on daily on multiple times. I know that sheepy has offered exceptions in the past to this. Please feel free to ask more questions if I unclear or if you have any at all, I will be following this post.

• Administrators

I'm looking at putting a hard block in place to prevent more than 2 nations from logging in on the same network within a time period. That'll probably prevent what you want, but it'll prevent you from being mistaken as multis and removed from the game as well.

Another option I'm looking at is making exceptions for nations with .edu e-mail addresses.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

How about exceptions for people with .mil or ones who have jobs that travel a lot? Exceptions are a slippery slope sheepy.

Edited by LordRahl2

-signature removed for rules violation-

There are people I can't trade with because we "share a network" but unless someone is living in my cupboard that I don't know about we must have crossed networks in a cafe, restaurant or airport. This worries me.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

I'm looking at putting a hard block in place to prevent more than 2 nations from logging in on the same network within a time period. That'll probably prevent what you want, but it'll prevent you from being mistaken as multis and removed from the game as well.

Another option I'm looking at is making exceptions for nations with .edu e-mail addresses.

The .edu exception would definetely be of help, everyone uses an .edu email address on my campus.

How about exceptions for people with .mil or ones who have jobs that travel a lot? Exceptions are a slippery slope sheepy.

Only issue with that is the military (at least US military) tend to have multiple .mil emails

Edit: same can be said for those who hop around schools or go to a different school for BA/graduate tbh

Edited by Jon Snow

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

• 4 weeks later...

There are people I can't trade with because we "share a network" but unless someone is living in my cupboard that I don't know about we must have crossed networks in a cafe, restaurant or airport. This worries me.

i have had the same problem with a friend of mine as i created my game on his network, but even from my home network i am unable to trade or interact.

i've also been advised by my alliance superiors to bring this subject up with Alex/Sheepy as we are in the same alliance and they have heard of people having their game deleted due to this same network/same alliance thing

any advice would be epic. thanks

b4b3lf1sh

• Administrators

i have had the same problem with a friend of mine as i created my game on his network, but even from my home network i am unable to trade or interact.

i've also been advised by my alliance superiors to bring this subject up with Alex/Sheepy as we are in the same alliance and they have heard of people having their game deleted due to this same network/same alliance thing

any advice would be epic. thanks

b4b3lf1sh

The restrictions exist to prevent you from being banned/reset as a result of violating the rules.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'd rather be upset that I can't log in to check my nation than bein upset because my nation no longer exists. I think the hard 2 person block is a better alternative to losing the nation
  • Upvote 1