Small Nations Pact

Kane Bader

Hello there everybody! Just want to see if this can catch fire.

I would like that if alliances whit less then 20 members where to join to this pact by on their alliance page write SNP

Please do this to represent the small alliances out there.

We must stick together through these tough times.

-Benjamin Sanders

It does not look like you really gave this much thought or have really thought about organizing this in any way. I suggest you give this a lot more thought, and next time probably not post something so (in my opinion) lazy on the OWF, contact some of the more influential micros (if there is such a thing) directly.

Nobody is going to trust anyone else to defend eachother with no communication.

• Upvote 1
209cb3ddfb36e63567a77320a26faeb6.png

Hello there everybody! Just want to see if this can catch fire.

I would like that if alliances whit less then 20 members where to join to this pact by on their alliance page write SNP

Please do this to represent the small alliances out there.

IRC and private messaging is your friend.

I'm sorry if you guys don't like it but if you please justify your answer. It is not a protectorate. It's a bond that binds all these nations. It makes them show respect to others.

Edited by Lloyd Brendon

-Benjamin Sanders

I'm sorry if you guys don't like it but if you please justify your answer. It is not a protectorate. It's a bond that binds all these nations. It makes them show respect to others.

Its not thought through, i'll say the same thing i always say when baby nations try doing things before they've gotten to know the game. 

Join an established alliance, learn the game both the mechanics and the meta, get some friends, then try to make whatever this is?  a micro bloc? atleast then you might have a shot. insted of beeing laughed out of the room. 

• Upvote 1

Ole2.png

Why don't all you small nations join a big boy alliance of your choosing and then become big nations?

Putting a little bit of text on your profile doesn't help improve anyones situation. You aren't protecting each other, you aren't really talking to each other, What's the point?

Basically the main problem is you talk about small nations joining a pact, without detailing in any way what this pact of yours is about.

The Pact is about respect it's not about friendship or mainstream talkativeness. I just want those people that do join small alliances know that that alliance is about respect like mine the CoUS 

-Benjamin Sanders

What do you mean when you say respect? Is it a non-aggression pact? Not backtalking each other? Defending each other from other alliances and raiders?

If you want someone to actually do this you need to 1. State clearly what it all entails. 2. Make it clear why anyone would want to do what you're saying. You can't start off with just saying what people should do, that's not how it works.

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

The Pact is about respect it's not about friendship or mainstream talkativeness. I just want those people that do join small alliances know that that alliance is about respect like mine the CoUS 

Here is the deal....That is absolutely meaningless, it won't stop them from getting raided by other small nations, it won't stop them raiding other small nations, it accomplishes nothing so why would anyone do it?

Statement: You don't know what you're doing.

Evidence: This threads existence.

Conclusion: Go learn the game in an established alliance and then try again.

• Upvote 4

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

How can you guys just tear people apart like this, I was trying to help the community like people with low nation scores. You would do this if you had a low nation score, and trust me you would even on this thread if you say no.

I am also not a new player. I have played since the beginning of P&W.

Edited by Lloyd Brendon

-Benjamin Sanders

How can you guys just tear people apart like this,

If you've been a part of the comunity since the start(somthing your lack of understanding and baby nation makes me kinda doubt.) then you should have expected this.

Me and most of the guys are going easy on you. Usually its alot less helpfull then this.... 

. You would do this if you had a low nation score, and trust me you would even on this thread if you say no.

No most of us wouldnt, because we know that to start out in a Micro is alot less efficent and fun than a major alliance. Micros are fine and cool, but its not the place to start, if its to work out its for advanced players.

Are you sure? you act like a new player... and your nation is a week old... 

But if you are indeed an old player that noone have heard of yet  :huh:  then good for you, still take our advice, either make this a propper thing or join an alliance.

These sets loose statements dosent really do anything apart from getting you light mockery. 

Ole2.png

How can you guys just tear people apart like this, I was trying to help the community like people with low nation scores. You would do this if you had a low nation score, and trust me you would even on this thread if you say no.

No your not, this does not help anyone in any way other than you maybe by boosting your ego that you got some nations to put down some meaningless letters on their description. I would not do this, nor would almost anyone else honestly, it's pointless, and until you give people a reason to do something, they won't do it most of the time.

Then you should know better huh.

Me and most of the guys are going easy on you. Usually its alot less helpfull then this.... 

Can confirm

Source: I usually shitpost in these threads

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

But your nation is only seven days old and your forum handle was created yesterday so it's hard to believe you've been at this since the beginning. 

Nobody was attacking you personally, just criticizing the idea and suggesting that you get more involved in the game before proposing a new idea. Nobody has any idea what this SNP means or what it does for people. You say respect, well respect to do or not do what? From what little you have posted it does not sound like you are creating anything that would provide defense or other resources. If that's true then why would other nations or alliances risk identifying with you if your actions could embroil them in your conflicts by being part of this pact?

The advice that Ole and the others gave was good, perhaps join an established alliance first. :)

If you do carry on with it, then best of luck! 

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

So placing the SNP in your Alliance description will magically earn respect for small micro-alliances.

And how will this respect like yours stop raiders in their tracks, or will their respect level- like yours- automatically make the lack of monies, military and infrastructure feel better while in beige?

You are not being torn apart by any means. Everything everyone has said is pretty much been a lot of constructive criticism or extreme restraint from acting on their usual natures. Helping other nations is not what we see here, but a pointless SNP in an Alliance description which helps nothing but show ignorance for the game itself on how this world functions. This now goes to show me that you have not been active in the community since the game started due to this post you made- or, you are a newer player.

To any new nation that joins up and reads this: Find an alliance you think seems cool. Apply. Learn the mechanics. Ask questions. Have fun. Do not start off by making an Alliance at five days old. Take it from all of us here. Experience is your ally, not placing an SNP in your alliance description.

• Upvote 2

You are not being torn apart by any means. Everything everyone has said is pretty much been a lot of constructive criticism or extreme restraint from acting on their usual natures. Helping other nations is not what we see here, but a pointless SNP in an Alliance description which helps nothing but show ignorance for the game itself on how this world functions. This now goes to show me that you have not been active in the community since the game started due to this post you made- or, you are a newer player.

You guys actually handled this a lot better than I expected.So soft and calm.

It's true though, simply placing letters in the description won't do anything on it's own. If you want to bond alliances together, you need to contact then, talk to them, learn to know them, cooperate.

This announcement didn't gave too much information on what this supposed bloc exactly is. What are your stands? How do you want to defend yourself? What are your plans? What is your experience?

Without info, you can't do politics.

If I were you, I would join the alliance of your liking, learn the game and the current global politics and then come back with this deal once you are experienced enough. That way you will not only be able to come over more confident and persistant, but you will also more likely get a more positive backlash

Edited by Baronus

I think you should appreciate the advice you're being given here. There's not a lot of player who get taught anything but the absolute basic mechanics of the game when they start, and from the looks of it you seem confused about some basic elements to the game. Re-read the posts, really try to take in the advice you've been given and go back to the drawing board. It's gonna do you more good than just thinking we're out to get you or trying to be mean to ya.

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

We're telling you what you need to hear. We could all justifiably call you names right now, but we're being more civil than that.

Putting a random acronym in your nation description doesn't mean anything to anybody. Do you know how many "Player Alliances" get raided on a daily basis? Tons. Tons get raided on a daily basis. What would make yours any different? What about your idea would earn the communities respect? Do you protect each other? Teach new players how to play the game? Respect is such a broad term that it needs context to mean anything. In what way would your pact stand for respect? It would help if you gave us a plan on what you are trying to accomplish.

If I were a new player, I would apply to an established alliance that helps its own, and learn to grow. I would not be !@#$ing around making signature art and roleplaying in my nation description pretending that it will protect me when the raiders come. The only thing that deters raiders is superior firepower either through a nation, or a nations alliance.

If you can't be arsed to write a simple paragraph explaining yourself then you do not have the energy needed to protect a community. It's work.