A New Island Appears

Eva-Beatrice

WGta7kR.png

Through a gigantic swarm of golden butterflies, the island of Rokkenjima (which had been previously floating above the Pacific Ocean), has descended. It now sits between Japan and the United States, and is roughly the size of Australia. Midway now no longer exists, and every man-made structure that was present on the island has been relocated. Anyone or anything else that was below the island was moved out of the way before the island's descent. Rokkenjima is very similar to Japan in terms of climate and geography. For now, the island is not split up into provinces.

The map: http://i.imgur.com/FhzKJSb.png (orange is Rokkenjima and purple is the Eastern Asian Republic)

Edited by Eva-Beatrice
  • Downvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

Nice although the wave an island that big would make if it "fell" from the sky would flood the majority of the planet....

It gently descended with help from the golden butterflies.

• Downvote 1

It gently descended with help from the golden butterflies.

Not sure if that would help. The sheer amount of water displaced would rival the melting of the ice caps for sea level rise. Unless...did the butterflies go down, take out an equivalent volume of sea bottom, and rise into the air with it?

Does the island float or have some sort of structural support? If it floats, is it anchored?

I imagine the climate would be tropical at that latitude. So it'd be pretty nice to visit before mosquitos took up residence.

And most importantly, do these butterflies even lift?

Not sure if that would help. The sheer amount of water displaced would rival the melting of the ice caps for sea level rise. Unless...did the butterflies go down, take out an equivalent volume of sea bottom, and rise into the air with it?

Does the island float or have some sort of structural support? If it floats, is it anchored?

I imagine the climate would be tropical at that latitude. So it'd be pretty nice to visit before mosquitos took up residence.

And most importantly, do these butterflies even lift?

Yes. Proper measures were taken to avoid any potential problems that could be caused by the sea level. The island itself is supported by magic. And with the Territory Lord powers bestowed upon myself, no one needs to worry about anything as trivial as mosquitoes.

• Downvote 1

Yes. Proper measures were taken to avoid any potential problems that could be caused by the sea level. The island itself is supported by magic. And with the Territory Lord powers bestowed upon myself, no one needs to worry about anything as trivial as mosquitoes.

Problems eh? Well, the black sea is flooding now... I wonder what could be causing this...

Problems eh? Well, the black sea is flooding now... I wonder what could be causing this...

Maybe it's the navies of the countless PW nations located in Europe? :3

• Downvote 1

What about the north equilateral water current?

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

The Ministry of the Exterior is incredibly mad about this development. Several important Narvanese shipping lanes are now gone, and ships must now be redirected around the landmass. 

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

At least we don't have to worry about air routes, since it's usually shorter to move just south of the Bering Strait than it is to fly across the Pacific Ocean. At least, if you consider the actual 3D Earth and not one of those terrible Mercator maps like in the OP.

We at the witch senate have contributed to the formation of the new continent. We're dropping a island on the south end of the island in the Pacific Ocean what will make this island seperate will be a small canal. It is up to Eva-Beatrice if she wishes to build a bridge to link both islands together for vehicular travel. 

(That means update the map. Island will be on the south side. Randomly generate the island's shape to your own free will. It will be half the size of the island you placed) 

Or maybe someone is interfering with the climate of orbis by dropping new continents into the pacific?

The climate of this planet is overall no concern to us. We can simply alter it with magic if we have to.
  • Downvote 1

Maybe magic should be regulated in some kind of treaty...

Rokkenjima rejects such a treaty. The Eastern Asian Republic surely would as well. We only take orders from the Witch Council back home.

• Downvote 1