Civil Discussion on Rape

Dimitri Valko

I got drunk and confused and accidentally agreed with Fox Fire on something. So, uh... here's what I actually think on the subject:

"TEACH THEM NOT TO RAPE", video by Thunderf00t

Civil discussion, please. Don't get out of hand, and try to stay on topic, unlike every other thread in this damned subforum.

Do you think it's stupid to not take precautions against rape? I certainly do.

• Upvote 3

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

I got drunk and confused and accidentally agreed with Fox Fire on something. So, uh... here's what I actually think on the subject:

"TEACH THEM NOT TO RAPE", video by Thunderf00t

Civil discussion, please. Don't get out of hand, and try to stay on topic, unlike every other thread in this damned subforum.

Do you think it's stupid to not take precautions against rape? I certainly do.

How the hell did you get drunk?!

A rapist is always guilty of rape. And walking down a dark ally on a rough side of town in the middle of the night alone remains f***ing retarded.

• Upvote 6

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

A rapist is always guilty of rape. And walking down a dark ally on a rough side of town in the middle of the night alone remains f***ing retarded.

Pretty much what I think, too. I don't consider drunken sex as "rape", do you?

So just because a girl dresses slutty and walks around at night, rape is justified? Disgusting.

Pretty much what I think, too. I don't consider drunken sex as "rape", do you?

Yes I do, if there's no consent. But if you think drunken sex without consent isn't rape then that is very inconsiderate.

• Upvote 2

<insert signature here>

So just because a girl dresses slutty and walks around at night, rape is justified? Disgusting.

No.

Edited by fistofdoom

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

How to put an end to rape?

1. Enforce a law where all women must dress modestly and ban alcohol = Crime prevention.

If we're gonna make women dress modestly, should we make men dress modestly as well? Also, I'll NEVER give up my rum. NEVER.

2. Death penalty for rapists = Deterrence. 

Yeah, rapists are scum of the earth.

• Upvote 2

<insert signature here>

I know the OP stated this however I'll give a moderator's reminder:

Please keep things civil, remember the forum rules when posting. This can be a really sensitive topic.

How to put an end to rape?

1. Enforce a law where all women must dress modestly and ban alcohol = Crime prevention.

Being raped is never the victim's fault... 

It is 100% of the time the rapist's fault, not the victems or what they are wearing. So making women dress modestly is not going to fix anything. 

Edited by Magicboyd25
  • Upvote 1

It is 100% of the time the rapist's. So making women dress modestly is not going to fix anything. 

I don't see any correlation between those two statements, although I agree it won't fix much. Revealing clothing CAN be a factor in rape crimes, but it certainly won't stop everything.

In my opinion it is never a factor. The rapists are always the only ones at fault. Nothing the victem does or looks like should be the cause or any reason for the rape. It is always the rapist's fault. 

I BEG TO DIFFER!

A woman that's naked on the street is 100000000000% more likely to be raped than a women walking around wearing a Burqa. 

This is fact and your emotionally charged yet fatally-flawed dribble won't change that.

------------------------

If I leave my car keys on top of my car and leave the car door wide open... my car's more likely to get stolen than if I closed the door and took my keys with me. 

Edited by Ibrahim
  • Upvote 1
ztt5Wgs.png

I BEG TO DIFFER!

A woman that's naked on the street is 100000000000% more likely to be raped than a women walking around wearing a Burqa. 

This is fact and your emotionally charged yet fatally-flawed dribble won't change that.

Sorry I do tend to drool in my sleep but that's another story.

Although I doubt you will see a naked woman in the streets of many places in the US at least and there are many rape cases here along with other countries. I don't know about some middle eastern countries, but still. 

I respect people's opinions, but it's one thing to say there was a reason for rape, but to put any blame on the victim is the complete wrong reason. If I see a naked woman in the street I'm not going to go rape her am I? No I'm not. 

All sorts of people are raped from many backgrounds and many different situations. 

I BEG TO DIFFER!

------------------------

If I leave my car keys on top of my car and leave the car door wide open... my car's more likely to get stolen than if I closed the door and took my keys with me. 

Oh God, it's Ibrahim.

Anyway, on to the topic. 

While skimpy/barely-there clothing does play a factor into rape, as Dimitri and Stujenske said, making people wear burkas will not solve anything. Also, no one said anything about naked women, just slutty clothing.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

meanwhile, in reality, the vast majority of rapes do not occur in dark alleyways on a "rough side of town"

• Upvote 2

if you walk around naked. do people think you sex worker?

woman walk around naked in modern soceity. then they get "raped".

im sure the men that woman accuse of being "rapists" get their lives far more ruined then the woman who show their bodies off and sleep around and accuse men of rape

• Upvote 1

In my opinion it is never a factor. The rapists are always the only ones at fault. Nothing the victem does or looks like should be the cause or any reason for the rape. It is always the rapist's fault. 

The thing is, whether or not something is a factor is not an opinion. Some rapists do target their victims on their behaviour and dress, others don't. Just like some robbers target their victims on their wealth, etc. I hope known safety precautions for sexual assault (body language, stance, etc.) are taught in schools, as it could potentially save people of these freaks.

Sorry I do tend to drool in my sleep but that's another story.

Although I doubt you will see a naked woman in the streets of many places in the US at least and there are many rape cases here along with other countries. I don't know about some middle eastern countries, but still. 

I respect people's opinions, but it's one thing to say there was a reason for rape, but to put any blame on the victim is the complete wrong reason. If I see a naked woman in the street I'm not going to go rape her am I? No I'm not. 

All sorts of people are raped from many backgrounds and many different situations. 

If I take all my wealth and lay it out on the street...... can I reasonably expect to get it back if i come back 24 hours later? 

If it's stolen, do I have any share of the responsibility or is it all on the grubby little thief's who stole everything i owned in the world?

We have to stop appealing to emotions and think logically:

1. Men are naturally attracted to Women's bodies.

2. Women who display their body put themselves in far greater danger by exposing themselves to & tempting would-be criminals.

Just because you and I don't happen to be rapists or a thieves doesn't mean that's true about everybody and i think it's very callous to tell women they shouldn't take precautions when doing so would greatly reduce their risk of being raped.

• Upvote 6
ztt5Wgs.png

If I take all my wealth and lay it out on the street...... can I reasonably expect to get it back if i come back 24 hours later? 

If it's stolen, do I have any share of the responsibility or is it all on the grubby little thief's who stole everything i owned in the world?

2. Women who display their body put themselves in far greater danger by exposing themselves to & tempting would-be criminals.

Just because you and I don't happen to be rapists or a thieves doesn't mean that's true about everybody and i think it's very callous to tell women they shouldn't take precautions when doing so would greatly reduce their risk of being raped.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Ibrahim. :blink:

• Upvote 1

giphy.gif

And I havent even started my rant :v

• Upvote 2

PoJQyFJ.gif

yes because laying a million dollars on a street corner and not returning for it is the same thing as being a woman and showing your ankles in public

and taking money that's just sitting there being guarded by nobody is the same thing as raping someone

like for all this talk about feminists hating men, your argument is that some men are basically rabid animals that can't control themselves when they see a female body that isn't ugly

get this: rape is not about sex, it is about power and control. you guys really just don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Hierophant
  • Upvote 1