Fix color bonus (and general color stock whining thread)

Kadin

Right now half the colors have a 0% color bonus. Wouldn't it be wise to tweak your formulas or whatever a bit so that this isn't the case? I get what you were trying to do, but I don't think this is the right way to go about it. Instead of killing everybody's income for no real reason at all, why not just use the changes to incentivize whatever you were trying to get people to do?

By the way, I am not convinced that this change is going to make war any more frequent tbh. It sounds great for something like the test server where there is little organized alliance activity, but in this server people aren't going to put their entire alliance at risk over an income boost. It just won't work the way you want it to, I'm sorry to say.

Anyway, if you hate the change, then whine away.

• Upvote 1

The purpose of this isn't necessarily because I think we're going to have 10 wars a week now, it's just tying up two "loose ends" together in a system that should create a little more inequality and instability. If people are uncomfortable in the hot seat with a treasure, that's good, that means the system is actually working like it should in theory. I don't suspect that will be the case, and honestly even a 10% income bonus isn't /that/ significant in the grand scheme of things. 

What this does do is reduced bonuses globally, which will help game inflation as well. There's a number of pros to this change, but you're right, it's not going to create alliance wars out of thin air and be this magical update.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

This update sounds like something that a newcomer to the game would put in the suggestion subforum, it's just not well thought out, and makes the game inherently worse.

This update was suggested by me, who is definitely not a newcomer to the game.It is actually very well thought out and is working exactly as I planned and suggested.

You were receiving a bonus... for doing absolutely nothing. Now, to get that bonus you actually have to do something. That doesn't mean the system is broken or the update isn't well thought out. You are upset because your income went down, I get it, but there are ways in which you can get that bonus back + some. In fact you can actually get 200% (Up to 30%) more than you could before if you coordinate with your alliance mates and secure enough treasures.

This update was suggested by me, who is definitely not a newcomer to the game.It is actually very well thought out and is working exactly as I planned and suggested.

You were receiving a bonus... for doing absolutely nothing. Now, to get that bonus you actually have to do something. That doesn't mean the system is broken or the update isn't well thought out. You are upset because your income went down, I get it, but there are ways in which you can get that bonus back + some. In fact you can actually get 200% (Up to 30%) more than you could before if you coordinate with your alliance mates and secure enough treasures.

So it was your idea to make the colour stocks utterly useless in the process?

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

So it was your idea to make the colour stocks utterly useless in the process?

The whole system was my suggestion, if that's what you're asking.

Edited by Cynic

It was a pretty shitty suggestion, and certainly something you'd expect a complete noob to conjure up. If anything, it's potentially game-breaking mechanics like this that'll drive more people away from the game. So, if that was your intention, kudos I guess. 

You know it's sad when Kadin makes more sense then a suggestion. Scary stuff.

• Upvote 1

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

• Administrators

The purpose of this isn't necessarily because I think we're going to have 10 wars a week now, it's just tying up two "loose ends" together in a system that should create a little more inequality and instability. If people are uncomfortable in the hot seat with a treasure, that's good, that means the system is actually working like it should in theory. I don't suspect that will be the case, and honestly even a 10% income bonus isn't /that/ significant in the grand scheme of things. 

What this does do is reduced bonuses globally, which will help game inflation as well. There's a number of pros to this change, but you're right, it's not going to create alliance wars out of thin air and be this magical update.

I was actually going to post something along these lines, thanks for doing it for me :D

Yes, the griping about your incomes is to be expected, and again, this isn't about creating wars.

Yes, color stock bonus was shot to shit. But now there's Alliance Treasure Bonuses that are entirely uncapped. I have stripped away this forced "equality" that color stock bonus gave you all, and replaced with with an equality of opportunity. Every alliance has the opportunity to get a treasure. It just depends how bad you want it. You could try and negotiate for them, go to war for them, whatever you want, but in the end you all have the same chance. Instead of griping at me to make all the alliances equal, let's try having you all figure it out for yourselves. Let there be winners and losers, and let's see some more interesting gameplay.

Remember when I said like 49 times that the color bonus should be removed entirely.

Here's #50.

That'd drop incomes even more, you'd be more hated than Cynic ;) 

But really, that's almost what this suggestion does. It got rid of the "free" Color Stock Bonus like Cynic stated in his post.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

It's just amazing how a dumb feature like treasures is still around, we're all better off being on grey and just increasing our income without a bonus and without a penalty that this update brings. This will just give us our actually income and we can improve it from there.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

You could try and negotiate for them, go to war for them, whatever you want, but in the end you all have the same chance.

Add the option to trade them.  That way people don't have to strip down their armies and suffer infra damage in order to get rid of it.  For a successful negotiation of them to happen, you would need to go to war for them in order to collect or drop them off...

Seems like you should rename them to curses rather than treasures.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Add the option to trade them.  That way people don't have to strip down their armies and suffer infra damage in order to get rid of it.  For a successful negotiation of them to happen, you would need to go to war for them in order to collect or drop them off...

I'm starting to like this Wayne guy.

• Administrators

Nah, the point is that they can't be traded, otherwise they'd all go to the largest nations because they have the most to gain from a flat percentage increase and they'd pay the most, and that would just make it silly.

If you want to "negotiate" them, I imagine it'd be something like, "we're going to take your treasure, and you're going to deal with it."

It's just amazing how a dumb feature like treasures is still around, we're all better off being on grey and just increasing our income without a bonus and without a penalty that this update brings. This will just give us our actually income and we can improve it from there.

I think you'd replace Cynic as the most hated man if I took away every bonus ;)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nah, the point is that they can't be traded, otherwise they'd all go to the largest nations because they have the most to gain from a flat percentage increase and they'd pay the most, and that would just make it silly.

If you want to "negotiate" them, I imagine it'd be something like, "we're going to take your treasure, and you're going to deal with it."

So you wan't people to war for them?

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

• Administrators

So you wan't people to war for them?

I don't care what you do with them. They have more of a purpose now, because they impact Color Stock Bonus, and Color Stock Bonus is now more than a meaningless free money mechanic. This creates more inequality and imbalance in the game - whether you (the players) decide to correct that or not we'll have to see.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't care what you do with them. They have more of a purpose now, because they impact Color Stock Bonus, and Color Stock Bonus is now more than a meaningless free money mechanic. This creates more inequality and imbalance in the game - whether you (the players) decide to correct that or not we'll have to see.

There isn't really a great deal we can do with them.  It's either go to war for them or ignore them.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

The only bonus that I, along with others want removed from the game is the treasures because they are completely worthless, just watch, this update will achieve the same effect that the update involving the implementation of treasures did "nothing" treasures purpose was to encourage war yet it didn't and alliances and nations simply ignored them except the newly created nations that benefited from them until they joined an alliance. All you did here was add an alliance bonus to the treasures and once again the alliances will see to it that their nations won't hit another nation that is in alliance for the treasure simply because it will cause a war and like everyone has said the consequences of war far out way the benefit and rewards that come from owning half or all the treasures which apparently is the thing that is being ignored by those who support this change and feature which is a very small pool of players.

Edited by Dark Specter

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

The reason Cynic is so hated is because of how imbalanced and stupid this update is.

Leveling the playing field and getting rid of bonuses altogether is better than what you're doing now.

There isn't really a great deal we can do with them.  It's either go to war for them or ignore them.

You're ignoring the obvious 3rd option

Merge for them

RIP test server WSF 2015-2015

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win