Coldfront Question

Ekejen Luish

I'm trying to create an embassy via Coldfront IRC channel, but I would like to know if there's away other than me staying online constantly to ensure I stay opped but others don't unless I op them.

Basically, I want to be able to be opped on my channel, exit, come back and still be opped even if someone new joined. I tried and the other person ended up being opped -_-

This is very small

• Administrators

I'm trying to create an embassy via Coldfront IRC channel, but I would like to know if there's away other than me staying online constantly to ensure I stay opped but others don't unless I op them.

Basically, I want to be able to be opped on my channel, exit, come back and still be opped even if someone new joined. I tried and the other person ended up being opped -_-

To do what you want, you're going to have to register your nickname.

With a registered nickname, you can then create channels, which gives you ownership of them (even higher permissions than op, and you maintain them even when you're not online). Once a channel is registered, users won't automatically receive the op permission if they're the first person in the channel either.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Log onto IRC with the nickname that you want to register, and then do the following command:

/ns register PASSWORD E-MAIL

Where password and e-mail are your information. The server will send you an e-mail with an authentication code which you must verify, and then your account is set.

Now that you're registered, when you log on to IRC you'll do

/ns identify PASSWORD

And it will recognize you and give you the permissions (like if you own a channel, it will recognize you as the channel owner once you've identified)

To register a channel, you must be on your registered, identified nickname and then go to the channel you want to register. Then use the command: 

/cs register #CHANNEL PASSWORD DESCRIPTION

Where #CHANNEL is your channel name, PASSWORD is a new password specifically for the channel (in case you ever needed access but couldn't use your nick for some reason) and I don't know what description does. I usually just put like "Hello" or something insignificant there.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't know what description does. I usually just put like "Hello" or something insignificant there.

Description is what comes up when /cs info command runs on your channel

Example:

-ChanServ- Information for channel #politicsandwar:

-ChanServ-     Description: "Welcome to Politics and War IRC"
Edited by Metro

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Also they are apps like irccloudn(phone) and others wich will keep you online constantly

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg