Hide Info on Nuke and Missiles

Vincent

Since info on spies can be hidden ( Even though it might still be possible to do the calculation, if you are not lazy to do the maths?) then maybe to add some element of surprise , hide the info on number of nukes and missiles each nation has.

Make them not viewable to others when viewing one's nation page. Sufficient for them to know whether that particular nation has missiles launch pad or nuke research facility .

But not necessary for them to know if a particular nation has stockpile of these. After all IRL no nation declares in public the number of nuke or missiles they processed . If implemented , if you want to know whether any nation have stockpiles of these, simple declare war on them and find out for yourself.

Edited by Vincent

Spys don't add any score and no, that's retarded.

Edited by Metro

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Instead of simply hiding the totals completely, obscure them. On the nation page display an icon saying they are Missile/Nuke capable and as a tooltip, have a short message. Something like "Intelligence suggests a few missiles." or "Intelligence suggests many nukes stockpiled." for various amounts. This would include saying they had a "few" missiles/nukes, even if they had none, so long as they are missile/nuke capable.

This would also make spy ops interesting, as it would be possible to get back "The spy operation was a success, unfortunately your spies could not find any missiles." if the nation had no missiles (but was missile capable), but a nation tried to destroy missiles (similar with nukes).

EDIT: Forgot about nukes/missiles affecting score. My bad. Not sure what to do, there.

Edited by Shakyr
  • Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

I am completely for hiding missiles and nukes info, but there is the calculation of score that they add and the fact that you can see their projects so you know if they would even have fhem or not.

My Suggestions would be this:

National Score Chart Numbers (Instead put % so they only get rough estimates, sure they can do the math but make it harder) or hide it completely and just have it display what their current score is.

Hide Projects Completed

Hide Missiles Info

Hide Nuclear Weapons Info

Same with alliances, hide their missile / nuke info

I mean I love that page showing what nukes are where and such that was just added but it should be a secret what kind of military power a nation has unless publicly released or a spy gathers information, I mean an option could be made on if a nation releases its info publicly or not.

Of course this also adds a lot more mystery, adding a new element of strategy to war declarations. Meaning they would have to have spies capable of stealing the info to find out their military power. Rough Estimates are also good, instead of saying "This nation has 52,259 soldiers". Other nations could see, "This nation has roughly around 50k Soldiers".

This is all off the top of my head though :P

banner.png

Original Founder of the Brotherhood of Steel

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

[im=http://i.imgur.com/NGFenqH.gif?1]

My biggest issue with this is that it favors one style of gameplay over another. I would suggest the balance is already tipped toward nukes, given how most people play the game, so no need to further increase that disparity.

-signature removed for rules violation-