Make nations' resources/cash visible to alliance leadership

Zombie Lanae

My apologies if this has already been discussed.

It would be helpful and, I think, very reasonable, for the leaders of an alliance to be able to view what resources and cash are on hand for nations within that alliance. It makes coordinating things much easier.

As far as I can think, alliance leadership's knowing the resources of alliance nations wouldn't spoil the fun for anyone but would mean less work for all those nations trying to coordinate activities. Feel free to point out any flaws in my thinking about this.

No. These are national security secrets. If your leadership needs to know, just tell them. How hard is that?  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

Because you might lie. I like this idea.

So what if I lie? It's my nation, not my alliance leaders. And if you can't trust your allies, you might as well not have any. 

This suggestion basically amounts to spying on your own allies and can only be good for abuse. 

Edited by Lan
  • Upvote 3

Drip, drip, drop

I'm really torn on this issue. I like it but I dislike it. And i can't explain why I like/dislike it.

^This is why it's a bad idea. 

(Sorry, Kastor. You helped me out, but you've screwed over many others).

Drip, drip, drop

I'm really torn on this issue. I like it but I dislike it. And i can't explain why I like/dislike it.

I give you benefit of the doubt with each reroll however your past is exactly why I would never want my money and resources to be seen under an alliance.

• Upvote 1

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

^This is why it's a bad idea. 

(Sorry, Kastor. You helped me out, but you've screwed over many others).

I give you benefit of the doubt with each reroll however your past is exactly why I would never want my money and resources to be seen under an alliance.

Just want to clarify to you both that this is an OOC forum, not a forum to discuss me, but the idea which is posted. And it should stay that way.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Just want to clarify to you both that this is an OOC forum, not a forum to discuss me, but the idea which is posted. And it should stay that way.

But your habits and habits like yours are very much a valid thing to bring up in this discussion. 

• Upvote 3

Drip, drip, drop

I don't know who Kastor is, but I do believe this suggestion is something that shouldn't be implemented, as it gives other leaders power over your own nation.

It gives alliance leaders the power to organize better and make sure all standards are met. It should be limited to specific positions in an alliance, the same way only certain members can see what is in the bank. I am not a leader of anything in this game, but as someone who has been in charge of alliances/clans in other games I can say that something like this would be very helpful.

• Upvote 1

It gives alliance leaders the power to organize better and make sure all standards are met. It should be limited to specific positions in an alliance, the same way only certain members can see what is in the bank. I am not a leader of anything in this game, but as someone who has been in charge of alliances/clans in other games I can say that something like this would be very helpful.

I'm one to believe that my alliance is not in control of knowing every little thing about my nation. Sure, I'll defend everyone that needs defense, and I'll donate supplies to those in need, but I don't want another Eximius coming by and saying "Oooh, putting the tax to 100% every fifteen days." And that's literally what happened a couple weeks ago. I don't want people over my shoulder telling me what to do with my nation's resources.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Um.... I think every member of an alliance can see what's in the bank........

And sure it would be helpful...... To lazy, paranoid leadership that can't trust their own allies..... If my leaders are so paranoid that they can't trust what I say, then why would I trust any decision they make? 

Alliances are all about trust and teamwork. Not lies, deceit and paranoia.

• Upvote 2

Drip, drip, drop

Um.... I think every member of an alliance can see what's in the bank........

And sure it would be helpful...... To lazy, paranoid leadership that can't trust their own allies..... If my leaders are so paranoid that they can't trust what I say, then why would I trust any decision they make?

Alliances are all about trust and teamwork. Not lies, deceit and paranoia.

But it's easier as a leader of you don't have to ask every person every time you need to know something. Instead it's just a few clicks away. Both alliance leaders and the nations being checked should have the option to enable/disable it. And no, not everyone can view the alliance bank.

Edited for typo

Edited by General Peterson

But it's easier as a leader of you don't have to ask every person every time you need to know something. Instead it's just a few clicks away. Both alliance leaders and the nations being checked should have the option to enable/disable it. And no, not everyone can view the alliance bank.

Edited for typo

Leading an alliance is not supposed to be easy. Otherwise, I'd be leading one now.

Edited by Lan

Drip, drip, drop

And no, not everyone can view the alliance bank.

Can someone confirm? Every alliance I've been in I was able to view the bank balance and I've never been anything above a normal member.....

Drip, drip, drop

Can someone confirm? Every alliance I've been in I was able to view the bank balance and I've never been anything above a normal member.....

It's a setting under edit alliances, some alliances have hidden banks, some do not.

As for the idea, I am wholly against it. As a leader it's both too much work and too much information. As a member, I don't want anybody else to see my resources on hand, it's never been visible before and there is no good reason for it to be visible. If you need to know how much some one has, ask.

• Upvote 1

Leading an alliance is not supposed to be easy. Otherwise, I'd be leading one now.

And it still wouldn't be easy, even with this system in place. It's a privacy vs. efficiency thing. I absolutely understand your side, I just happen to disagree with it.

I like this, even if I wasn't a leader I wouldn't mind. It would make things a lot easier for us to enforce our standards. I don't see why you would care if your alliance government knew how much resources you have. Most people tell them anyway, why not just make life easier? It's not like it's your social security number.

• Upvote 2

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

I like this, even if I wasn't a leader I wouldn't mind. It would make things a lot easier for us to enforce our standards. I don't see why you would care if your alliance government knew how much resources you have. Most people tell them anyway, why not just make life easier? It's not like it's your social security number.

See? If you're going to tell them anyway if they need to know, why not just let them look so they don't have to wait until you're online again.

I don't see a need for this. You can sort out income based on taxes if you think someone is bullshitting you, and from that (and their other activity) it's not hard to sort out what they could reasonably have on hand at any given time.

Maybe just don't have lying scrubs in your alliance?

• Upvote 1

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif