New servers

Aerys Targaryen

In some MMO games, there will be a new server released for every 2 month or so, to make a game which is fair for new players. Why not PnW get a new server, which can run in parallel to the current one. We can get a new server for at least once in a year.

Right now there are nations which joined the game 6 months before I did. Even with war range and spy range, its not fair for me nor it is fair for new players, because these old nations and old alliances will be richer than the new ones.

Edited by Aerys Targaryen

• Wiki Mod

Kill it, kill it with fire & ice & bullets & stakes & ....

If your goal is to kill the game this is certainly the way to do it.

• Upvote 2

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Does Sheepy even have the money for that? lol

New players today have dozens of AAs that are all too eager to help them starting. Building aids the likes of which are dead impossible to have six months prior, and even more unthinkable back then when the Delta started. Sure, you started earlier, but some of these newbies can easily get a lot of easy money should they know where to look.

Also, some things aren't meant to be fair here :ph34r:

*sneers at the city age multiplier*

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

Right now there are nations which joined the game 6 months before I did. Even with war range and spy range, its not fair for me nor it is fair for new players, because these old nations and old alliances will be richer than the new ones.

Might be because they've played longer and earned what they have, you're basically asking to be pampered because other people have played longer and are better off than you, but they also had to work to achieve that and you're basically saying your entitled to be just as good as them with a lot less playtime. 

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Might be because they've played longer and earned what they have, you're basically asking to be pampered because other people have played longer and are better off than you, but they also had to work to achieve that and you're basically saying your entitled to be just as good as them with a lot less playtime. 

My question is, can I have that time? Can I play the same time others spent here playing? If yes, then how?

New players today have dozens of AAs that are all too eager to help them starting. Building aids the likes of which are dead impossible to have six months prior, and even more unthinkable back then when the Delta started. Sure, you started earlier, but some of these newbies can easily get a lot of easy money should they know where to look.

Yes they can get easy money by joining an OLD alliance, there are ways to get money through city grants and loans, but a nonetheless, a new nation in an alliance with all the financial help cannot out grow an old nation, the reason is obvious. I'm not asking anything new here, a lot of MMO games have multiple servers.

If your goal is to kill the game this is certainly the way to do it.

This will not kill PnW. Competition in new server will be higher than the current one for sure, can give more revenue to Sheepy too.

Again, this is not a new thing, a lot of MMO games have different servers, that doesn't kill those games.

A reason that's more than just "Other games has it" would really help here.

Yes they can get easy money by joining an OLD alliance, there are ways to get money through city grants and loans, but a nonetheless, a new nation in an alliance with all the financial help cannot out grow an old nation, the reason is obvious. I'm not asking anything new here, a lot of MMO games have multiple servers.

And why should a new nation outgrow old nations that plays at the same pace, exactly?

P&W is not a private game. People who band together will always have easier time doing things compared to those lone wolves, strength in numbers and all that stuff. Why would you think joining an old alliance is a bad thing?

Oh, and I would love to get an example of these MMOs that have new server every two months or so and kept doing that for a while and not just a single happenstance or as a money-grabbing scheme. it's perfectly normal for a crowded game adds a new server when the old one stagnated because too many people reached the apex limit and the market has bogged down with too many currency (and both are somewhat impossible to happen in P&W imo), but adding new servers for the sake of adding it without any good reason?

My question is, can I have that time? Can I play the same time others spent here playing? If yes, then how?

There are many cases where younger nations can easily outgrow the older ones, it's all depends on how they grow their nation and many other factors, war and raids is just an example. I started playing right at D1, if you sort the nations by age ascending you can see I have the 4th oldest nation in the entire game... and yet you have already outgrown me. You have more infra.

You already have the time to outgrow older nations, just because a group of players are capable of ridiculous feats toying with the numbers (that's not even tied with nation age, I might add) doesn't mean the game is unfair or absolutely biased to older folks in any way.

UedhRvY.png

This isn't an mmo like those though. This is largely based around the community to make it work. You split the community you effectively half the users and so half the enjoyment and then kill the game.

I agree to this point, if it happens, will damage this game as well as the new one. I can speak for myself and based on the games that I played, it won't happen. No one will leave 6 months or 1 year worth of a nation and move to a new server. People will go there for a sake of fair competition, because everyone starts with a same score. Probably a lot of people will be playing in both servers. This game is not new either, its like 1 year old.

(i) A reason that's more than just "Other games has it" would really help here.

(ii) And why should a new nation outgrow old nations that plays at the same pace, exactly?

(iii) P&W is not a private game. People who band together will always have easier time doing things compared to those lone wolves, strength in numbers and all that stuff. Why would you think joining an old alliance is a bad thing?

(iv) Oh, and I would love to get an example of these MMOs that have new server every two months or so and kept doing that for a while and not just a single happenstance or as a money-grabbing scheme. it's perfectly normal for a crowded game adds a new server when the old one stagnated because too many people reached the apex limit and the market has bogged down with too many currency (and both are somewhat impossible to happen in P&W imo), but adding new servers for the sake of adding it without any good reason?

(v) There are many cases where younger nations can easily outgrow the older ones, it's all depends on how they grow their nation and many other factors, war and raids is just an example. I started playing right at D1, if you sort the nations by age ascending you can see I have the 4th oldest nation in the entire game... and yet you have already outgrown me. You have more infra.

(vi) You already have the time to outgrow older nations, just because a group of players are capable of ridiculous feats toying with the numbers (that's not even tied with nation age, I might add) doesn't mean the game is unfair or absolutely biased to older folks in any way.

(i) and (ii) The reason for which I think another server will be a great idea is, we all start at the same level. I think two nations growing at a same pace should be of the same size. Another reason, a new server will be more fierce than this one for sure, because of the same reason stated.

(iii) Yeah I agree, I'm not opposed to people forming alliances. Just pointing out that, different nations/alliances starts the game at different point in time.

(iv) There was a game called Three Kingdoms Online. It was my first MMO game, I played it 5 or 6 years ago. Initially they rolled out new servers for every 15-20 days (Each server stays active for around 6 months, then goes calm). There the leagues played in multiple servers and there was no question of splitting the community. Compared to that game, PnW is a long term one, so a new server every 1 year or every 18 months seems reasonable in my opinion.

(v) and (vi) Ok but also sort out nations with highest score, you will see all those top nations are playing for more than 300 days.

Edited by Aerys Targaryen

That's a weird way to number things :huh:

(i) and (ii) The reason for which I think another server will be a great idea is, we all start at the same level. I think two nations growing at a same pace should be of the same size.

It won't. Two nations with different playstyle will always end up with different size speaking on long-term, even if they started at the same moment. Few weeks it won't be noticeable, but in a few months it'll be pretty significant. There are many outside factors playing into how your nation grow.

What I'm saying it, it's perfectly possible for new nations to catch up to the size of older ones. It takes quite a bit of effort, but then again, so does everything else. Those top nations got there not solely by the virtue they played longer than anyone else, they also played harder and smarter.

Your "because these old nations and old alliances will be richer than the new ones." is quite frankly limited to a couple dozen of examples when there are so many older nations overtaken by younger ones. Some nations started a few months later than the top rankers, and yet they're not too far behind.

Three Kingdoms Online... Gotta say that game left a terrible taste in my mouth. I played in a local server once, the economy seriously bloated into a Zimbabwe-esque nightmare. I'm not really sure that game would be a good example since that thing happens quite often in other servers and even private ones. Also, new server every 15-20 days? Do they have hundreds of servers now?

UedhRvY.png

(i) That's a weird way to number things :huh:

(ii) It won't. Two nations with different playstyle will always end up with different size speaking on long-term, even if they started at the same moment. Few weeks it won't be noticeable, but in a few months it'll be pretty significant. There are many outside factors playing into how your nation grow.

(iii) What I'm saying it, it's perfectly possible for new nations to catch up to the size of older ones. It takes quite a bit of effort, but then again, so does everything else. Those top nations got there not solely by the virtue they played longer than anyone else, they also played harder and smarter.

(iv) Your "because these old nations and old alliances will be richer than the new ones." is quite frankly limited to a couple dozen of examples when there are so many older nations overtaken by younger ones. Some nations started a few months later than the top rankers, and yet they're not too far behind.

(v) Three Kingdoms Online... Gotta say that game left a terrible taste in my mouth. I played in a local server once, the economy seriously bloated into a Zimbabwe-esque nightmare. I'm not really sure that game would be a good example since that thing happens quite often in other servers and even private ones. Also, new server every 15-20 days? Do they have hundreds of servers now?

(i) hehe :P

(ii) I don't disagree. But at least they start in the same level, so which nation goes to the top and which nation grows poorly is solely depends on their war activities, their nation buildings etc.., (i.e) their own actions affect their rankings and not based on when they joined.

(iii) It is possible for a nation playing for 2 months outgrow and get to rank1? It may happen after 5-8 years :P;)

(iv) When we have a single game going on for 1 year, surely 1 or 2 month(s) can be compensated, but more than that is not possible.

(v) Last time I checked, they had more than 100 servers. Later they will merge two old servers and it will be a huge battle :P Right now the game is dead, but once a lot of people played that game.

I don't have to expound upon the reasons this is a bad idea, it has already been done. There will eventually be one more server for test/dev work.  That's it as far as I'm aware.

No speed server? But Sheepy proooooomiiisssed I think

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

In some MMO games, there will be a new server released for every 2 month or so, to make a game which is fair for new players. Why not PnW get a new server, which can run in parallel to the current one. We can get a new server for at least once in a year.

They have been playing longer. What isn't fair about it?

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

• 8 years later...