Male Pregnancy

Guest hawkeye

Well technically the only requirement to become pregnant is a functional ovary/uterus/Fallopian tube.

So yes, men are capable of becoming pregnant. 

Even in the case of the first pregnant man, Thomas Beatie, he had a fully functional ovary/uterus/Fallopian tube.

I think we're talking males born males. Not males born females.

B1ED4CC9835C53112D49EF81ADFC4F24.png

If you're talking sex and not gender, which obviously is something different and to a certain extent a social construct, the ability to be impregnated and give birth is what defines the "female". What defines the "male" is the ability to provide the sperm to fertilise the female. If one or both of these functions is contained within one being, they're a Hermaphrodite.

Bearing in mind that gender isn't related to sexual organs except in the broadest sense that social constructs originate in biological necessity, what you're proposing is that in future we'll become a nation of hermaphrodites, in which case terms such as "male" and "female" will purely be gender related, and sexual organs will be shared by all.

This would involve some pretty heavy genetic engineering, since the majority of what makes women's reproductive systems work is not just organs, or the primary organ anyway, but all the various hormone producing organs and the general balance of the body. Since men have 8 times the testosterone levels that women do, and women require oestrogens for their reproductive system to function properly, the only way I could see it working is if it were possible to cycle between a predominantly male and predominantly female functionality at will, perhaps over a period of a year or two. Obviously this would have physical external changes too- oestrogens for example can cause breast growth, and testosterone causes body hair growth and increases muscle and bone density.

Imagine then a world of hermaphrodites who father and mother children, swinging between the two at will. 

I don't take any credit for this, it's a scifi theory as old as science and understanding of sexuality. But still a fun concept.

Pregnant men... pfff

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

in the future, with technology advancing, do you think men will be able to become pregnant like woman?

do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? is it good if men could get pregnant or not?

Men do not have the appropriate insides to carry a child. In order for a man to have a child, he would need to change his entire sexual anatomy, thus, no longer a man. But even getting a sex change will not allow you to have children because men do not have a womb. 

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

Men do not have the appropriate insides to carry a child. In order for a man to have a child, he would need to change his entire sexual anatomy, thus, no longer a man. But even getting a sex change will not allow you to have children because men do not have a womb. 

In other words, this discussion is ridiculous. !@#$!!!  

• Upvote 1
B1ED4CC9835C53112D49EF81ADFC4F24.png

In other words, this discussion is ridiculous. !@#$!!!  

To put it bluntly, yes.

• Upvote 1

Drip, drip, drop

in the future, with technology advancing, do you think men will be able to become pregnant like woman?

do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? is it good if men could get pregnant or not?

Quite.. a good point from.. Jesus erghh?

• 2 weeks later...

The only way this can be possible is if everyone on Earth are so drunk on whiskey or rum that we thought all short-haired and flat chested women are men for at least 9 months. Then we can probably see around 2 million male pregnancy perhaps.

The $yndicate declares war on male pregnancy.

Sounds like The $yndicate is bored as !@#$.

You believe Jesus can save you but don't seem to remember; even Satan was once a favored angel of god.

So women have this thing called a tube to push the !@#$ing baby out, and that is ALREADY the wort pain anyone is ever gonna voluntarily go through in their life. Now, men, they dont have a tube. You can already imagine why women don't push the children out of their urethra, but men dont have any other options. They also don't have wombs and all of the bits they need to support the baby within that 9 month process of it's fetal state. if they did have that, however, the baby would have no where to go when it was "ready." I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that all of these births would occur through means of C-section? Anyways, I doubt that this will ever happen, and if it does in my life time, I'll make sure to get my tubes tied right away

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

lukeworms......

this is crazy, even the person did the transgender, the person is still female based on what her gender is, the issue is misleading by synthetic procedure. well if there is a a human who is bisexual gender.....he/she may have some advandage like doing something to him/her self for reproduction..

Edited by Arthur James

lukeworms......

this is crazy, even the person did the transgender, the person is still female based on what her gender is, the issue is misleading by synthetic procedure. well if there is a a human who is bisexual gender.....he/she may have some advandage like doing something to him/her self for reproduction..

Bisexual is not a gender. Maybe you're thinking of intersex, and no, that's not possible. For a human to create another human, two sets of DNA are required. 

Drip, drip, drop

My few thoughts is what damage would it do to the male genome do to the increase in estrogen and the including of a new organ, it would take several generations to solve such a problem, but it would help break any sexist barriers that may still stand.

"Head-shots for days"

Bisexual is not a gender. Maybe you're thinking of intersex, and no, that's not possible. For a human to create another human, two sets of DNA are required. 

actually, i think the term you are looking for is Uni-sex, most insects have this trait to help them survive.

"Head-shots for days"

actually, i think the term you are looking for is Uni-sex, most insects have this trait to help them survive.

No, I mean intersex. Because we are talking about humans.

Drip, drip, drop

This is a biologicaly impossible since we dont have the ribs and the structure to have a baby

If you want to get pregnant then change your gender

Reminder:i am not a doctor and all the damage done is totaly your fault.lol.

:)

Edited by milord

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU POST CAUSE IF YOU POST IN A NO COMMENT THREAD, YOU GET A WARNING POINT

CAUSE OTHER PEOPLE SEING ONE MORE POST THAN USUAL HURTS THEIR EYES.

You gotta live long so you can experience the sad joke that this world is.

"If I ever formed an alliance it would be called Grand Puberty Agency

And the text above would be like:"GPA just had a growth spurt"