Jeb Bush talks about his foreign bride

1stworldview

On Tuesday presidential candidate Jeb Bush spoke about the first meeting between himself and his future foreign bride, Columba. " It 

was love at first sight. I spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English, but when you are in love you can overcome those barriers pretty 

quick. There's another language that matters the most."

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is an American businessman and politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. He is the 

second son of former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and the younger brother of former President 

George W. Bush.

Bush met his wife while in Leon, Mexico helping to build homes. León is a city in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. They married a few 

years later in Austin, Texas, and now live in Coral Gables, Florida.

Is there a difference between Jeb Bush's Foreign Bride and so called Mail Order Brides? Feminists and women rights groups have argued 

for years that men who travel across boarders for love take advantage of women that come from lower economic regions. In 2005 the 

Tahirih Justice Center and Senator Cantwell pushed legislation regulating foreign brides, stating that men take unfair advantage of women 

in foreign counties. The law (IMBRA ) requires marriage brokers to run background checks on all men that seek a foreign bride. Bush's 

wife was underage at the time they met and came from one of the poorest areas of central America. Did Jeb Bush then take advantage of 

his future wife Columba? After all she came from poverty and Jeb Bush came from a powerful, wealthy family.

Kenneth Agee, Marketing  Director of A Foreign Affair, a company that specializes in foreign bride match-making says, "Absolutely not! In 

our society and most societies women are always looking to find a better way of life. It is instinctual for females to find the best possible 

suitor for having a family, just like it is instinctual for men to be attracted to certain physical aspects of women. How would marrying into 

wealth make you a victim? The notion that men have economic control of women, at best, would not last long after marriage. It is equally 

invalid to say women have a control over men because of their beauty. The truth is, a negative situation can happen no matter where you 

meet and has more to do with character than economics or location. Personally, my wife is from Russia, is very strong-willed, and would 

never let herself become a victim. I find this to be true of most foreign women. I'm sure Jeb Bush would agree. Contrary to the opinion of 

Terra Justice Center, an INS study showed there were fewer issues with cross-border marriages than domestic marriages. In fact they 

have a much higher success rate"

And Jeb Bush is not the only candidate with a foreign-born wife. Candidate Donald Trump is also currently married to Melania Trump, a 

former model from Slovenia. Donald Trump's first wife, Ivana, is from the Czech Republic.

Marrying foreign women is becoming a trend for the elite. FOX News CEO Rupert Murdoch is married to Wendi Deng Murdoch from Jinan, 

China, with a 38 year age difference.

Yet feminists continue to argue that men seek foreign brides only because they lack the necessary social skills to find someone in the 

US. This is clearly not the case, as these successful men do not lack socials skills.

Society has changed greatly over the years and love has no borders. Looking worldwide for love is becoming the norm now. Each week 

companies like A Foreign Affair take dozens of men to countries all over the world where they attend social events, meeting hundreds of 

beautiful women and models, who like themselves are serious about finding true love and marriage. These men are from many varied 

walks of life: doctors, CEOs, policemen, businessmen, you name it. You don't have to be a Bush or Trump to see the advantage of 

looking abroad for real love.

With two candidates, Jed Bush and Donald Trump, both married to foreign brides, we could see our first foreign-born First Lady in the 

White House.

To be fair it does make a good point in regards to the rich men getting foreign lovers. Many have power which is nature's best aphrodisiac, and many have money which is man's best made aphrodisiac so they are hardly going to find trouble getting someone from their own country. So why go foreign? Maybe they have a fever of some kind. 

I find it amusing that another Bush is running for president, because if one Bush doesn't succeed just send another Bush right? 

Well depending on your thoughts on the mater of presidents it wouldn't be amusing at all (it'd be obvious). The Bush and Clinton families are seen as essentially royal houses in some circles especially with how Hillary and than Jeb may well be who America's next presidents are, and heck after them may well be Clinton's daughter so yeah.

Though I dispute such talk of course. Two families dominating a democratic system doesn't turn the country into a monarchy. No, it turns a plutocracy (what America's government type is supposed to be) into an oligarchy which a lot of people think are the same thing but not quite. 

Although I'm not an American, I would strongly suggest you guys in the US to NOT vote for another Bush as your president, regardless of how nice he is to get some poor foreign woman out of poverty. George HW Bush failed to destroy Iraq, but he got enough sanctions to keep Iraq weak. Then George W Bush destroyed Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and if given a chance, probably Iran too, as well as putting your country in so much debt that no economic genius would be able to get you guys out in his lifetime.

Considering that Jeb Bush is the second son of George HW Bush and younger brother of George W Bush. What's he going to do next? Burn every Muslim country in the world? Tax you to your drawers? Erect fences around your entire country? Erect fences around my country? He certainly can't take your pension anymore, since the previous two Bush already took it all.

Heck, even my country's prime minister is following you guys example of taking our pensions, community chests, emergency funds and even willing to mortgage our national oil company to China, not to mention raising our armed forces in preparation for a war. Don't let your presidents teach our useless and incompetent prime minister how to screw us even further. He probably worship your Bushes. Three states are already trying to secede from us and we can't kick him out of office because he control the media, the legislative body and the police force.

Edited by Alice Lune

Well depending on your thoughts on the mater of presidents it wouldn't be amusing at all (it'd be obvious). The Bush and Clinton families are seen as essentially royal houses in some circles especially with how Hillary and than Jeb may well be who America's next presidents are, and heck after them may well be Clinton's daughter so yeah.

Though I dispute such talk of course. Two families dominating a democratic system doesn't turn the country into a monarchy. No, it turns a plutocracy (what America's government type is supposed to be) into an oligarchy which a lot of people think are the same thing but not quite. 

I'd be okay with Hillary since she's promising, but I'm not against voting for whoever would be better for the US as a whole. My full fledged stance is the moderate part of the spectrum.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

I'd be okay with Hillary since she's promising, but I'm not against voting for whoever would be better for the US as a whole. My full fledged stance is the moderate part of the spectrum.

I am genuinely curious as to what policies define the "moderate part of the spectrum."

BRB making popcorn

Priest of Dio

On Tuesday presidential candidate Jeb Bush spoke about the first meeting between himself and his future foreign bride, Columba. " It was love at first sight. I spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English, but when you are in love you can overcome those barriers pretty quick. There's another language that matters the most."

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is an American businessman and politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. He is the second son of former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and the younger brother of former President George W. Bush.

Bush met his wife while in Leon, Mexico helping to build homes. León is a city in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. They married a few years later in Austin, Texas, and now live in Coral Gables, Florida.

Is there a difference between Jeb Bush's Foreign Bride and so called Mail Order Brides? Feminists and women rights groups have argued for years that men who travel across boarders for love take advantage of women that come from lower economic regions. In 2005 the Tahirih Justice Center and Senator Cantwell pushed legislation regulating foreign brides, stating that men take unfair advantage of women in foreign counties. The law (IMBRA ) requires marriage brokers to run background checks on all men that seek a foreign bride. Bush's wife was underage at the time they met and came from one of the poorest areas of central America. Did Jeb Bush then take advantage of his future wife Columba? After all she came from poverty and Jeb Bush came from a powerful, wealthy family.

Kenneth Agee, Marketing  Director of A Foreign Affair, a company that specializes in foreign bride match-making says, "Absolutely not! In our society and most societies women are always looking to find a better way of life. It is instinctual for females to find the best possible suitor for having a family, just like it is instinctual for men to be attracted to certain physical aspects of women. How would marrying into wealth make you a victim? The notion that men have economic control of women, at best, would not last long after marriage. It is equally invalid to say women have a control over men because of their beauty. The truth is, a negative situation can happen no matter where you meet and has more to do with character than economics or location. Personally, my wife is from Russia, is very strong-willed, and would never let herself become a victim. I find this to be true of most foreign women. I'm sure Jeb Bush would agree. Contrary to the opinion of Terra Justice Center, an INS study showed there were fewer issues with cross-border marriages than domestic marriages. In fact they have a much higher success rate"

And Jeb Bush is not the only candidate with a foreign-born wife. Candidate Donald Trump is also currently married to Melania Trump, a former model from Slovenia. Donald Trump's first wife, Ivana, is from the Czech Republic.

Marrying foreign women is becoming a trend for the elite. FOX News CEO Rupert Murdoch is married to Wendi Deng Murdoch from Jinan, China, with a 38 year age difference.

Yet feminists continue to argue that men seek foreign brides only because they lack the necessary social skills to find someone in the US. This is clearly not the case, as these successful men do not lack socials skills.

Society has changed greatly over the years and love has no borders. Looking worldwide for love is becoming the norm now. Each week companies like A Foreign Affair take dozens of men to countries all over the world where they attend social events, meeting hundreds of beautiful women and models, who like themselves are serious about finding true love and marriage. These men are from many varied walks of life: doctors, CEOs, policemen, businessmen, you name it. You don't have to be a Bush or Trump to see the advantage of looking abroad for real love.

With two candidates, Jed Bush and Donald Trump, both married to foreign brides, we could see our first foreign-born First Lady in the White House.

Although I'm not an American, I would strongly suggest you guys in the US to NOT vote for another Bush as your president, regardless of how nice he is to get some poor foreign woman out of poverty. George HW Bush failed to destroy Iraq, but he got enough sanctions to keep Iraq weak. Then George W Bush destroyed Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and if given a chance, probably Iran too, as well as putting your country in so much debt that no economic genius would be able to get you guys out in his lifetime.

Considering that Jeb Bush is the second son of George HW Bush and younger brother of George W Bush. What's he going to do next? Burn every Muslim country in the world? Tax you to your drawers? Erect fences around your entire country? Erect fences around my country? He certainly can't take your pension anymore, since the previous two Bush already took it all.

Heck, even my country's prime minister is following you guys example of taking our pensions, community chests, emergency funds and even willing to mortgage our national oil company to China, not to mention raising our armed forces in preparation for a war. Don't let your presidents teach our useless and incompetent prime minister how to screw us even further. He probably worship your Bushes. Three states are already trying to secede from us and we can't kick him out of office because he control the media, the legislative body and the police force.

I'd be okay with Hillary since she's promising,

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/UOheL_ScEqE/maxresdefault.jpg

I would do [image], but I forgot how to resize. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Why would how much Hillary makes be an issue?

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=7JWEVYysE8vCVOiWgYAN&gws_rd=ssl#q=hillary+clinton+dead+broke

After a search the image seems to be in relation to that. As it is a response to someone saying she is "promising" the message in the image seems to be that she is a liar (like the rest and all that).

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=7JWEVYysE8vCVOiWgYAN&gws_rd=ssl#q=hillary+clinton+dead+broke

After a search the image seems to be in relation to that. As it is a response to someone saying she is "promising" the message in the image seems to be that she is a liar (like the rest and all that).

Oh I see.  So let me get the paradigm straight:  we're to worship those who earn lots of money because free enterprise and all that but because it's the Clintons there's a different set of standards.

Got it.

BTW, that search string wasn't even in the top 10 of suggested strings by Google.  Obviously this is only an issue in certain sections of the internet.

Priest of Dio

With two candidates, Jed Bush and Donald Trump, both married to foreign brides, we could see our first foreign-born First Lady in the White House.

Don't see what this matters, of all the possible "firsts" this is really low on the list.

Besides, Donald Trump still needs to prove to us he's not the son of an orangutang, can't be elected until then. ;)

There are no men like me, there is only me

Oh I see.  So let me get the paradigm straight:  we're to worship those who earn lots of money because free enterprise and all that but because it's the Clintons there's a different set of standards.

Got it.

BTW, that search string wasn't even in the top 10 of suggested strings by Google.  Obviously this is only an issue in certain sections of the internet.

No, we're just calling her a liar. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I am genuinely curious as to what policies define the "moderate part of the spectrum."

BRB making popcorn

Moderates are people who don't have a stance for either side. Moderates watch closely and see who is the better option.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Moderates are people who don't have a stance for either side. Moderates watch closely and see who is the better option.

Are you saying that the entire political system is set up under a false dichotomy?  Because to me there are three opinions to every issue: pro, con and ambivalence.  Ambivalence could lend itself to either pro or con, depending.  

More explanation from those claiming moderation is needed.

Priest of Dio