5/1/2015 - Big Credit Changes

Alex

• Administrators

And why the hell do i have 21 credits?

Not sure what you're talking about, your nation looks normal to me.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Hi guys! I've been working long and hard this evening to bring you this update.

First, I'd like to unveil the new Donation page: https://politicsandwar.com/donate/

It's important to note that you can now buy VIP Subscriptions in-game, as well as get nation flags, alliance flags, alliance pips, and national anthems (must be VIP) through the donation page. No more pesky manual messages to me, use the form and streamline the process for everyone involved. These things still have to be manually processed, but it'll be a little easier for me to do, now, and easier for you guys to figure out how to do it.

Next, there's been a limit imposed on selling credits on the market. The 6 credit monthly limit that applies to nation bonuses now applies to selling credits on the market as well. So you can use up to 6 credits to get the nation bonus, sell on the market, or some combination of both. This should end the pay-to-win scenario caused by people selling hundreds of credits on the market.

That's the basics, here's a bulleted list of changes.

• Forms have been added to the Donation page for Custom Flags, Alliance Pips, and Requesting a National Anthem (must be a VIP Member)
  • A VIP Badge has been added to the nation page of VIP nations
  • VIP Subscriptions are now purchased in-game. One credit will purchase 30 days of VIP status
  • VIP Status now lets you display your forum avatar on your nation page in-game, have a national anthem, and gets you a VIP badge along with the forum and IRC benefits
  • An autoplay setting has been added to the account page to allow you to disable the autoplaying of national anthems
  • You can now only sell a maximum of 6 credits on the market per month

Thanks! I'm sure there will be some controversy over the cap on credit sales, but I believe it's a better solution than limiting the amount of credits that can be sold. First of all, the delay between PayPal receiving your transaction and your credits being added in-game can be up to 10 minutes, so a quick player could double purchase before the cap could effectively be enforced. Second, limiting credits purchaseable through PayPal would effectively limit the cosmetic bonuses you can get for your nation. Thirdly, if you're looking to profit through selling credits, you'll in all likelihood still make more money selling them on the market than you would by redeeming them for the $750K nation bonus.

All-in-all, this may be a big cut to the bottom line of the game, but I'm willing to take the hit to make sure that we don't have a pay-to-win system. I want to see this community grow and prosper, and not die out due to some players paying massive amounts of money to dominate the other players. Please understand where I'm coming from, and that I really do believe I've got your best interests in mind.

Thanks.

Awesome, you used my idea of selling or redeeming 6 credits per month.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Is it frowned upon if my national anthem is a Beyoncé song  (serious question)?

-- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. --

e6Iegl7.jpg

• Administrators

Question. If I get vip, does the anthem and everything follow you after your vip or do you have to keep up with it.

edit, got my answer

The anthem and portrait are complimentary perks of VIP status.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

It would probably be a good idea to give VIP's something like 2 days grace in renewing their VIP membership.  That or some kind of auto renewal.

It seems unnecessary for Sheepy to go to the trouble of removing everyone on the 1st of the month only to re-add them a day later.  I'm sure he has much better things to spend his time on.

• Administrators

It would probably be a good idea to give VIP's something like 2 days grace in renewing their VIP membership.  That or some kind of auto renewal.

It seems unnecessary for Sheepy to go to the trouble of removing everyone on the 1st of the month only to re-add them a day later.  I'm sure he has much better things to spend his time on.

VIP is turn based. You purchase turns on the Donate page, and when your turns run out your VIP is removed.

You can buy as much VIP as you want ahead of time, though.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'd like to be able to just purchase an anthem for my nation with a credit or 2 without having to waste my time VIP stuff because of my personal opinion of VIP an irrelevant feature.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

• Administrators

I'd like to be able to just purchase an anthem for my nation with a credit or 2 without having to waste my time VIP stuff because of my personal opinion of VIP an irrelevant feature.

Unfortunately for you, the national anthem feature is only available for VIP members.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic