Rand Paul Super Thread

Chickensguys

https://cola.unh.edu/sites/cola.unh.edu/files/research_publications/gsp2015_spring_presgen050715.pdf

Rand Paul is beating Clinton in New Hampshire according to polling data. 

47% Paul

43% Clinton. 

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

Rand Paul says one thing and does the opposite because he knows GOP voters are his only chance at being elected. He is actually a libertarian (although not as fringe as his father) but repeats GOP talking points when interviewed to garner support from that voting pool.

BTW, the President makes little difference, America's problems are congressmen and senators. Some Congressman have been reelected for 50 !@#$ing years (John Conyers) yet Americans keep voting new presidents in wanting "change". Dumbass low information voters.

I haven't decided on who I will be voting for. Whoever has the best voting record that fits my political views, most likely.

Edited by Mutant

Rand Paul says one thing and does the opposite because he knows GOP voters are his only chance at being elected. He is actually a libertarian (although not as fringe as his father) but repeats GOP talking points when interviewed to garner support from that voting pool.

BTW, the President makes little difference, America's problems are congressmen and senators. Some Congressman have been reelected for 50 !@#$ years (John Conyers) yet Americans keep voting new presidents in wanting "change". !@#$ low information voters.

I haven't decided on who I will be voting for. Whoever has the best voting record that fits my political views, most likely.

Serious question:  why do people assume that what comes out of politicians mouths are not reflective of their actual views?  I do realize that electability is a large part of a politician's daily concern but seriously, if a politician makes a policy statement why would you not believe that they would follow through on that claim?

Priest of Dio

Serious question:  why do people assume that what comes out of politicians mouths are not reflective of their actual views?  I do realize that electability is a large part of a politician's daily concern but seriously, if a politician makes a policy statement why would you not believe that they would follow through on that claim?

Because I'm not gullible.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

https://cola.unh.edu/sites/cola.unh.edu/files/research_publications/gsp2015_spring_presgen050715.pdf

Rand Paul is beating Clinton in New Hampshire according to polling data. 

47% Paul

43% Clinton.

Why on Earth does that matter? It's not even clear Paul will even be the Republican nominee.

http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

Because I'm not gullible.

Pfeiffer, seriously though, Rand Paul issued a statement last week that the Jade Helm 15 military training exercise could be a ruse for military intervention against the populace.  So what you're saying is that this statement was bullshit and not serious?  On what basis should we be making this judgment?  Prima facie?

Just curious.

Priest of Dio

Pfeiffer, seriously though, Rand Paul issued a statement last week that the Jade Helm 15 military training exercise could be a ruse for military intervention against the populace.  So what you're saying is that this statement was !@#$ and not serious?  On what basis should we be making this judgment?  Prima facie?

Just curious.

Despite the strange path he took to getting it done, he's earned a medical degree and practiced medicine...so I give him the benefit of my assumption that he is not in fact a mouth breather.

Given that single parameter, the fact that he said out loud and in public that the military training in South Texas could be a 'ruse for military intervention against the populace' is a !@#$ing bullshit statement made to pander to a constituency of morons.

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

Why on Earth does that matter? It's not even clear Paul will even be the Republican nominee.

It matters because it boosts the egos of his supporters (cause they need bigger egos anyways). No representation of Paul's abilities though.

Despite the strange path he took to getting it done, he's earned a medical degree and practiced medicine...so I give him the benefit of my assumption that he is not in fact a mouth breather.

Given that single parameter, the fact that he said out loud and in public that the military training in South Texas could be a 'ruse for military intervention against the populace' is a !@#$ !@#$ statement made to pander to a constituency of morons.

I didn't know being a medical doctor qualified you for having logic and smarts in everything :P

I didn't say that it did, I (essentially) said that I used it as a baseline to presume that he isn't mentally disabled.

As one would have to be a victim of fetal alcohol syndrome or have received a lobotomy to believe the bullshit being spewed about a regularly scheduled military training exercise. 

iMZejv3.gif

I didn't say that it did, I (essentially) said that I used it as a baseline to presume that he isn't mentally disabled.

As one would have to be a victim of fetal alcohol syndrome or have received a lobotomy to believe the !@#$ being spewed about a regularly scheduled military training exercise. 

Lol very true :P

Neznigip, Reffierfp si ereht emos tifeneb ot gniklat ni a rennam taht ylesoprup sekam emos elpoep dam?

Era uoy gnieb evitacovorp no esoprup?

dog ym daeh

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Why does it matter..... Because he is one of the most competitive members of the GOP. People demands electable nominees and he has it.

Also here Rand Paul on the sanctity of life.  

Edited by Chickensguys

6oiRRnl.jpg

What sort of libertarian is that?

John Locke's entire premise of life liberty and property rights rested on the divine. 

Moreover, regardless of what you believe, you need to have faith to get elected in America. From Obama, to Mccain, god is in politics if we like it or not.  

6oiRRnl.jpg

Oh stfu CG. It's really not an actual regulations for U.S Presidents to be religious or have faith.

If you think that, the joke is on you. 

evl6uzgnekoeiuja132xjw.gif

5-16-2014-12-22-25-PM.png

Edited by Chickensguys

6oiRRnl.jpg

John Locke's entire premise of life liberty and property rights rested on the divine. 

Moreover, regardless of what you believe, you need to have faith to get elected in America. From Obama, to Mccain, god is in politics if we like it or not.  

Seems to be a difference to me in saying you believe when necessary and what that commercial did.  He's trying to get the evangelical base to support him clearly but he's not going to get that crowd anyway I think.

There are no men like me, there is only me

Seems to be a difference to me in saying you believe when necessary and what that commercial did.  He's trying to get the evangelical base to support him clearly but he's not going to get that crowd anyway I think.

I am not great at spelling and grammar myself, but 

post-11357-i-don-t-get-it-at-all-5dwp.gi

6oiRRnl.jpg

He has a spotless record and progressive hacks like John McCain dislike him. 

Lol. I don't mind rand paul... and I'm an uber progressive. John McCain is not. Just splinter your party more why don't you

[22:05] <&Clarke> And what do you do Ivan?

[22:05] <&Clarke> Do you make artwork and stuff

[22:05] <@Goomy> he sort of prances about fabulously