On the ethics of alliance warfare- a new member’s views

Spite

Yes. I ended up distracted playing GTA V last night. If its any consolation to you, I was high as balls, robbed several stores, and died in a hail of gunfire somewhere in the canal system.

I'd say that's a good excuse.

10/10

• Upvote 3

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

I have said it before, I will say it again.  In many ways, paperless alliances increase stagnation.  There have been really interesting things that could have happened that did not happen because of the looming threat of Guardian sticking its nose in it.  I like a lot of people in Guardian, but for an AA that pays lip service to making the game more interesting, they've stopped a lot of interesting things from happening.  Some intentionally, some unintentionally.

And you cement the point even more. People are afraid to move unless they "know" which way the pawns will move. The game will simply repeat the cycle of other games unless, as a community, they embrace the fact that sometimes a price must be paid to liven the game. But none will, simply because the mindset they carry from other worlds.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

And you cement the point even more. People are afraid to move unless they "know" which way the pawns will move. The game will simply repeat the cycle of other games unless, as a community, they embrace the fact that sometimes a price must be paid to liven the game. But none will, simply because the mindset they carry from other worlds.

Treaties work and they shall continue to work. Paperless alliances simply cannot survive time and they will have to reform eventually.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Which, to my recollection, paperless alliances are most, not least, guilty of in this game. TEst excluded.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Which, to my recollection, paperless alliances are most, not least, guilty of in this game. TEst excluded.

You're not getting my point, and I know you're the type of person who will argue a hole in the ground is not a hole in the ground when it's wholey filled with something.

The point still remains, as I have mentioned time and again, that the community as a whole is afraid to go to war unless they're nearly positive that they will "win the war". There are of course a few notable exceptions, but on the whole, the hole is still a hole no matter what goes in or comes out of it.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

You're not getting my point, and I know you're the type of person who will argue a hole in the ground is not a hole in the ground when it's wholey filled with something.

The point still remains, as I have mentioned time and again, that the community as a whole is afraid to go to war unless they're nearly positive that they will "win the war". There are of course a few notable exceptions, but on the whole, the hole is still a hole no matter what goes in or comes out of it.

Meh, UPN wasn't sure we'd win the war against Poison Clan and we weren't sure we'd win the war against TAC, we still did both though. I think it isn't so much the fear of losing a war as much as the lack of a proper CB. Sure, people could always use the same CB against Guardian that was used against us but, let's face it, that CB was garbage.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Edited by Jodo

q8nfyvc.gif

on a side note i have noticed a lot of alliances coming from other gaming communities with many different morals my old alliance came from war-light kill kill kill politics more killing it was a game of  a spy taking down whole alliances on a weekly bases that dose not happen here it is weird to me 

on a side note i have noticed a lot of alliances coming from other gaming communities with many different morals my old alliance came from war-light kill kill kill politics more killing it was a game of a spy taking down whole alliances on a weekly bases that dose not happen here it is weird to me

Punctuation should be your friend. Why don't you buy it a drink, get to know one another a little better. I promise, you won't regret it.

• Upvote 1

Most members of MENSA HQ played Erepublik before this, however the game is over seven years old and starting to die off at this point. I stopped playing way back in 2010 but still hung around the community.

Most of us old!@#$s have been hanging around our forum for four or five years waiting for another game to come along.

I'd also like to clarify that not all of Mensa are from the USA. I'm Irish, living in Brazil.

Most of us old!@#$s have been hanging around our forum for four or five years waiting for another game to come along.

I'd also like to clarify that not all of Mensa are from the USA. I'm Irish, living in Brazil.

ahuehuehuehuehue

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

interesting read.

I'm sure you're an alliance that will have an interesting life here on Orbis

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

Games have cultures now? What's next, language?

Anyway that is a good read. I never really though about stuff like this.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)