Introduce Ministers

Odin

Can you introduce Ministers(focus) to do the function of the Government type and let the government type purely aesthetic?

It's absurd to change from an monarchy into a republic just for a new city, etc.

"Minister of Defense" instead of Stratocracy

"Minister of Transport and Infrastructure" instead of Autocracy

"Minister of Building and Research" instead of Noocracy

"Minister of Finance" instead of Democracy

"Minister of  Economics and Development" instead of Republik

Ps: Please move into Suggestion thread, sorry

Edited by Wilhelm II
  • Upvote 1

You can call them other, dont be fixed on Minister. It could even be simply "Focus on Infrastructure", "Focus on Citys" , but that's boring. 

It's about to prevent the illogical swapping of governmentsystems, and like esluper corrected just cosmetic. 

• Upvote 2

waste of effort and adds absolutely nothing to the game.

Nah, I think he's on to something here. Swapping government types is pretty stupid.

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Nah, I think he's on to something here. Swapping government types is pretty stupid.

This.

Piratopia's governing (or lack of governing) structures have not changed since its foundation, but according to its own nation information we have seen a king overthrown at least three times.

I have not been overthrown once. My children love me.

• Upvote 2

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."

Agreed, though I wouldn't refer to them as ministers. While "Focus on xyz" isn't ideal either, it's closer to what the concept is.

The way I would see it, would be a research screen, whereby you could select the current focus of your nation's scientists. And to stop people from switching too often, keep the existing 5 day delay, before they can select a new research focus.

This could then lead onto other systems in the future, if warranted, once a dedicated research screen is actually ingame.

• Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Perhaps we could have a prime minister-ish (or its equivalent) which players can name. And this prime minister can be a minister from one of the sectors of governance, whichever he/she belongs to, will be the related bonus the nation gets. It is abit of a hassle, yes, but it does adds a level of realism and logic to the game, something many people who play this game are quite interested in.

edit- Spelling

Edited by konstantinurov
  • Upvote 1

PnW spy brag.png