New potential resource

Apeman

How about having the ability to stockpile power surplus? As a nation with nuke power plants I'm charged extra uranium to a city of only 1400 infra. The uranium consumption would be the same at 2000? I should be able to stockpile the extra produced and potentially sell it to others in need. This would also allow me to delete power plants if I found a better need for the slot.

• Upvote 1

How about having the ability to stockpile power surplus? As a nation with nuke power plants I'm charged extra uranium to a city of only 1400 infra. The uranium consumption would be the same at 2000? I should be able to stockpile the extra produced and potentially sell it to others in need. This would also allow me to delete power plants if I found a better need for the slot.

I like the idea of threatening to cut off someone's power.

hxvRjGK.jpg

How do you store power :P

Giant !@#$ing batteries.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

so what does uranium refine into? With all the other resources, they refine into something, besides food anyways. It could also open up another project plus put a demand on improvement slots.

I could see power being transferable, but not storable.

And there would need to be some loss of power in the transfer, so that for, say, every 100 infrastructure-worth of power you send to another city/nation, you need to have 125 infrastructure-worth of power surplus, or some other such number.

But batteries to hold the amounts of power we're dealing with in this game just don't exist, and it wouldn't make sense to be able to build up surplus power over the course of months that you then use to run your improvements during a massive war.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

so what does uranium refine into? With all the other resources, they refine into something, besides food anyways. It could also open up another project plus put a demand on improvement slots.

Eventually power plants would become semi-obsolete with this. I like the fact that you can't just trade power plants for more econ or military improvements. It makes things harder and more interesting.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Eventually power plants would become semi-obsolete with this. I like the fact that you can't just trade power plants for more econ or military improvements. It makes things harder and more interesting.

I guess I'm playing this game wrong because farms are obsolete and I get to do what ever I want with those slots. Yeah the extra one improvement slot would just totally change the whole game

I guess I'm playing this game wrong because farms are obsolete and I get to do what ever I want with those slots. Yeah the extra one improvement slot would just totally change the whole game

It's not an extra one improvement slot. It can easily be multiple.

All this idea does is free up improvement slots and makes power plants semi-obsolete, much like farms. Farms are more understandable from a logical perspective, as are mines and refineries for this reason:

But batteries to hold the amounts of power we're dealing with in this game just don't exist, and it wouldn't make sense to be able to build up surplus power over the course of months that you then use to run your improvements during a massive war.

I highly prefer the power plants having to be permanent improvements, as they add so much more strategy and cost to nation building. You just can't go around powering cities on car batteries, and when it comes to ruling a nation, you always have to make hard choices. Improvements are one of those choices, and things are so much more interesting when there are necessities that get in your way. I know realism is not the aim for these kind of games, but I think this stretches things a bit too far.

I do think it's an interesting and unique idea (I mean, I also have thought about ways to possibly "refine" uranium), but I think it would remove a whole lot of challenge to the game as a whole, especially when you could create alliance wide, or even inter-alliance wide programs to maximize this ideas efficiency and make power plants a half used thing like every other improvement.

I like the power plant ball and chain, TBQH.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--