Calculation of average prices and more

Kemal Ergenekon

Hi Sheepy,

I recently joined your game and I find it quite exciting. I have a question and some suggestions. I see that there are some average price indices being stored by the game. However, I don't know how they are calculated. As an Econ PhD, I would calculate them in the following way:

AWwKtba.png

The last line is a bonus (price volatility). Can you please confirm that the average prices are calculated as I described? If not, can you please also calculate the values I listed above and make it possible to display them as graphs? Having those 4 graphs for each commodity would be wonderful! What would be even more wonderful is an option to be able to see the historical data as a table that can be copy-pasted to spreadsheets rather than a graph.

One last request would be to keep track of lowest sell price, highest buy price, and the range in between divided by the average price (giving us a measure of the spread between buy and sell offers). I hope that's not asking for too much! :)

Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 6
77oKn5K.png

So far I've been doing this manually on a daily basis, so having the game providing us with more knowledge on the market behavior would definitely make things easier!

What I would add - is to try and ignore the extremes if possible, although this should be already covered by the possibility of direct sells to alliance members/nations, so it makes it pointless to buy more expensive offers and have some of the money returned

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

The average prices in the game are determined between player to player based on how much they all are selling them for, adding an equation to the cost is pointless because the players should be able to choose what they want to buy and sell things for, not an automated system equation.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

The average prices in the game are determined between player to player based on how much they all are selling them for, adding an equation to the cost is pointless because the players should be able to choose what they want to buy and sell things for, not an automated system equation.

Hi Accidon,

I am not asking for the addition of an equation. Rather, I am asking a question about some graphs that are being displayed here, and suggesting new graphs to provide more information to the players. Currently we cannot see trade volume, volatility, etc. They can be easily calculated and added as additional options to display there.

It does not affect the current market structure.

• Upvote 1
77oKn5K.png

• Wiki Mod

full support.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

you're really *going to* want to filter out personal and alliance trades as those should be considered as not part of the market.

*edit for missing words--wtf*

Edited by ELPINCHAZO

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sheepy,

I recently joined your game and I find it quite exciting. I have a question and some suggestions. I see that there are some average price indices being stored by the game. However, I don't know how they are calculated. As an Econ PhD, I would calculate them in the following way:

AWwKtba.png

The last line is a bonus (price volatility). Can you please confirm that the average prices are calculated as I described? If not, can you please also calculate the values I listed above and make it possible to display them as graphs? Having those 4 graphs for each commodity would be wonderful! What would be even more wonderful is an option to be able to see the historical data as a table that can be copy-pasted to spreadsheets rather than a graph.

One last request would be to keep track of lowest sell price, highest buy price, and the range in between divided by the average price (giving us a measure of the spread between buy and sell offers). I hope that's not asking for too much! :)

Thanks in advance.

No, just *&%^ No. I'm a gradated calculus student and my first thought was, da fuq?

"Head-shots for days"

I've always been pretty good with math, but when they started putting letters in there, I be like, "I'm out"

If you're out as soon as letters come in, you've never been pretty good with math.

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...