[DEBATE] Militarism

Franz Von Dietrich

Opinions?

Different types and levels of threat necessitate different types and levels of militarization. Under-militarization risks vulnerability; over-militarization risks wasting resources and stunting growth, creating vulnerability in the long term.

• Upvote 1

hxvRjGK.jpg

Different types and levels of threat necessitate different types and levels of militarization. Under-militarization risks vulnerability; over-militarization risks wasting resources and stunting growth, creating vulnerability in the long term.

However if you use your over-militarization to eliminate nearby threats, the vulnerability will be less in the long term. However I do agree that if a nation remains at a stance of extreme militarization for an extended amount of time, economic problems may ensue. 

THE FASCIST REPUBLIC

OF

SILISTRIOUS

THE REAL P&W FASCIST

Same history books. You would be dumb not to question the obvious larger goals of each war.

The case for establishing Israel, while boosted by the events of the world wars, was geopolitically minor compared to the breaking of German and Japanese hegemoney over Europe and Asia. I find it hard to believe that a homeland for the Jewish people meaningfully factored in to the reaction to Pearl Harbor.

• Upvote 1

hxvRjGK.jpg

Same history books. You would be dumb not to question the obvious larger goals of each war.

I... I don't even know what to say anymore. This must be a perfectly manufactured world order. Way too perfect. 

JoDAQ7I.png

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

The case for establishing Israel, while boosted by the events of the world wars, was geopolitically minor compared to the breaking of German and Japanese hegemoney over Europe and Asia. I find it hard to believe that a homeland for the Jewish people meaningfully factored in to the reaction to Pearl Harbor.

Yeah, but they knew before they set these plans in motion that Germany would be defeated. Even pearl harbor was easily predictable by a decent strategist. Surprise attacks on rival navies in port was sop for Japan. Japan and the US were clearly on a collision course from the moment Japan's ambitions for Asia were clear.

I'm not necessarily claiming the whole war was staged. I'm saying people with influence and a lot to gain helped push the world to war, and maybe had they not things would be different. As it is they surely profited from it.

It shouldn't be, or that would be derailing. This thread is about Militarism, and if people are going to include things, they must make sure to the things are cleary "associated" with the topic at hand

"Militarism" Opinions...

Is a broad subject.

Armies are bad, Mmm-Kay

the belief or desire of a government or people that a country should maintain a strong military capability and be prepared to use it aggressively to defend or promote national interests.

I say its bad.  Having a military isn't bad.  Using it isn't bad.  Using it aggressively to defend or promote interests does seem bad.  So, bad.

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

I say its bad.  Having a military isn't bad.  Using it isn't bad.  Using it aggressively to defend or promote interests does seem bad.  So, bad.

It doesn't seem so much bad as outdated, at least in the more developed part of the world.

6hu5nt.jpg

Militarism is way of life, though. How else does a nation/society keep its own independence? :)

Militarism is a substitution for Bread and Circuses. It perpetuates a myth that the State is at all times threatened, and urges the populace to either enlist, or indirectly serve the military industrial complex. By doing this, it eliminates the need to focus on pesky things like civil and political rights, and removes and disunity by making civil disobedience illegal. It's pretty much synonomous with tyranny.

• Upvote 1

sinsig.png

Grand Moff Hirohito of Dromund Kaas

1.What do you mean natural disasters? How can a military stop an earthquake? XD

2.We have the police to fight crime, not an army. Sending an army against a bank robber is over doing it, don't you think?

3.If another country declares war on them, they can always try to make deals and treaties to get things figured out.

If USA never attacked Iraq, there would be no ISIS...If WWI never happened, nether would have WWII.

You can NEVER get total peace from war. The only thing war bring is more war...

If U.S never attacked Iraq there would of never of been Isis? your full of shit. There were terrorist around long before the gulf war. It is in there religion to kill us. War or no war there would of still been terrorist regaurdless.

• Upvote 1

If U.S never attacked Iraq there would of never of been Isis? your full of !@#$. There were terrorist around long before the gulf war. It is in there religion to kill us. War or no war there would of still been terrorist regaurdless.

It's understandable that people sometimes make language mistakes but that post makes my eyes bleed.

• Upvote 1

6hu5nt.jpg

If U.S never attacked Iraq there would of never of been Isis? your full of !@#$. There were terrorist around long before the gulf war. It is in there religion to kill us. War or no war there would of still been terrorist regaurdless.

But it's an undeniable fact that the rise of Wahhabism is directly attributed to western interventionism.

And no... There would not be an Islamic State if we didn't invade Iraq. Saddam kept all insurgents under an iron boot so nobody ever had to worry about them. You can believe all of the meaningless propaganda about the Iraq war that you want. But anyone educated on the subject can tell you it was possibly the worst strategic mistake our nation has ever made in our entire history. And we all thought Vietnam was bad...

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

If USA hadn't attacked Iraq there wouldn't be ISIS? That is probably one of the single most IGNORANT statements I have ever heard in my life. Just... What?!

No, that's an absolute fact. Go read some history about how and where ISIS (who have never at any time referred to themselves as ISIS) formed. It was ONLY made possible by our invasion of Iraq.

Wat? Where have you been getting your history? A conspiracy theorist?

No. He's getting his history from actual history. Go read about the Sykes-Pikot agreement or the Balfour Declaration. Both historical events that actually happened.

I... I don't even know what to say anymore. This must be a perfectly manufactured world order. Way too perfect. 

JoDAQ7I.png

Nothing is perfect. Perfection and utopias are impossible. But that doesn't mean that power and influence have been consistently concentrated throughout human history. I'm not saying there is a group of people who dictate the world, but there are a small few who working together or not, are entirely serving themselves at the expense of entire nations.

It shouldn't be, or that would be derailing. This thread is about Militarism, and if people are going to include things, they must make sure to the things are cleary "associated" with the topic at hand

"Militarism" Opinions...

Is a broad subject.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--