Recycling Centers

Boozy McLiverdamage

I think recycling centers should produce a small amount of aluminum since that's what they do in real life. It will also provide more of an incentive to invest in them. I'm not talking about a large, gamebreaking amount, maybe like a total of 1 a day.

For that to happen I feel like we would have to add things like paper/plastic so it has something to take. And from what I know of Sheepy/most of us aren't too interested in complicating the game.

But if we all think that addition isn't needed then this isn't an awful idea.

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

What about if the recycling center produced 1 steel or 1 alum for each manufacturing facility you have in that particular city. I mean that's what its there for right. So if a city has 3 steel and 3 alum mills, they would be putting out a lot of waste which would go to the recycle center therefore in addition to the pollution bonus, you'd get 3 steel and 3 alum per day from recycling. Does it matter if have bauxite naturally...not if you are manufacturing alum because that means you are importing it so you would generating wasteful byproducts from the manufacturing process. I like this idea.....Sheepy....implement this please......think of the poor children!

Edited by Coach
  • Upvote 2

X4EfkAB.png

they should recycle 1% anything from steel, aluminium, bullet and oils....besides reducing 70 index of pollution.

Is it a good idea for having extra recycled materials bcos you have the bin

or

limiting the receiving recycled resources only when u got the bin to do the job?

Edited by Arthur James
  • Upvote 1

Why doesn't the Recycling Center just offer a static price reduction on things that require Steel & Aluminum?

For example, if it was set at 5%, and you built a subway in a city with one recycling center, that subway would cost 23.75 alum and 47.5 steel. With military units, it would be slightly trickier (I would say that formulaically, sheepy should prioritize cities with recycling centers from highest-lowest, and then see which of those cities have open unit support slots in order), but doable without a ton of issue.

It isn't a direct representation of how recycling works but it does offer a fairly logical solution, and make recycling centers one of the more useful improvements. If you wanted a real-world explanation on it, the buildings or units could just be partially made out of recycled materials.

Alternatively, you could make it so that only when you lost objects that require steel or aluminum would you get a bit of a refund, but that's harder and also just not that useful. Every time you destroyed a building or lost a unit that used steel or alum, you could get like 5-10% of it's steel/alum value back.

This actually also has some 'realism' issues because it raises the question on how the heck you'd get the aluminum back from your plane when it was flying over another country, or tanks in a battle etc. You could obviously just leave out those specific things, but that again makes it more useless a change.

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

Unless it made steel as well, 1 a day of both would benefit everyone just a little

I like this idea, levels the playing field a bit. I was just thinking in terms of regularly recycled consumer products, things made from aluminum are much more common than steel. If things like glass and cardboard were in the game, I'd add those to the recycling center as well.

they should recycle 1% anything from steel, aluminium, bullet and oils....besides reducing 70 index of pollution.

Is it a good idea for having extra recycled materials bcos you have the bin

or

limiting the receiving recycled resources only when u got the bin to do the job?

I like this idea for selfish perposes, but it doesn't make much sense in practicality. Who recycles bombs or gasoline or uranium?

Naw, this would be kinda unfair because it wouldn't require bauxite.

That's the idea, it's a recycling center, it processes consumer waste into usable goods. It's not a factory turning raw resources into goods.