Gravedigging Rule

Kurdanak

As it stands right now, this is the exact text regarding gravedigging:

Replying to, or “bumpingâ€, old, unpinned topics which have been inactive for at least 10 days. Threads in the Recruitment Threads forum are immune to this rule.

I believe that it should be edited as such:

Replying to, or “bumpingâ€, old, unpinned topics which have been inactive for at least 10 days. Threads in the Recruitment Threads forum and Game Suggestions forum are immune to this rule.

The addition being the lime green coloured font.

Threads that have received an official statement should be locked, while threads that are still unlocked should be open for discussion regardless of how old they are. This would prevent the need to create new threads with the exact same suggestion as another, simply because the old one has crossed the 10 day limit and gravedigging it would result in a warn.

• Upvote 4
xzhPlEh.png?1

To play devil's advocate, old suggestions, even viable ones, were probably not really addressed because they either did not get enough support or attention. It doesn't need to be addressed again, and if it does it needs to be rephrased/remodeled.

Edited by The Captain Nao

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

To be honest, I've noticed that this rule also fails to make sense in the Debate forum. This rule means that if I want to discuss a particular topic, and a particular discussion thread has been quiet for a week and a half, I can no longer reply to "What do you think of Topic X?" and thus I have to instead create a new thread called "Topic X: Your Thoughts?" in order to continue the conversation, which is redundant and irritating. I feel that this stifles continuing debate (recognizable as the literal entire purpose of that forum) because some of us (recognizable as me) don't want to create new threads when it would be so much easier and more logical to reply to existing ones.

• Administrators

Reasonable requests. I'll see what we can do tomorrow.

I agree that this is a reasonable request.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Eh, 10 days is just to short in general.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I don't think there should be no gravedigging rule in those forums, but I believe it could be relaxed a little. If nobody has commented on a Suggestion or on a Debate for a month, bumping the thread instead of creating a new one does a disservice to the discussion because it simply encourages long threads where the same points are discussed ad nauseum because people can't be bothered to read the thread to see if their point has been addressed already.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I don't think there should be no gravedigging rule in those forums, but I believe it could be relaxed a little. If nobody has commented on a Suggestion or on a Debate for a month, bumping the thread instead of creating a new one does a disservice to the discussion because it simply encourages long threads where the same points are discussed ad nauseum because people can't be bothered to read the thread to see if their point has been addressed already.

Maybe it should really only apply to alliance politics.

• Upvote 1

Or how about game reports? Repeat offenders, instead of creating a new thread every time, we can continue adding more evidence so that it's clear they're a repeat offender. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Updated as following:

Gravedigging

Replying to, or “bumpingâ€, old, unpinned topics which have been inactive for at least 30 days. The following exceptions apply:

Alliance Affairs - topics with no posts for at least 10 days will be considering gravedigging.

The following are immune to the rule, as long as replies are constructive and remain on-topic.

Alliance Recruitment
Free Trade Market
Game Discussion
Game Suggestions
All forums in the Social Hub

Concerning game reports and such, the 30 day rule will apply. No replies in that time, just create a new report.

• Upvote 1

Wonderful! I'm, personally, quite content with the change. :)

The only change that I might suggest, now, is applying the 10 day rule to the introductions forums, to prevent people from posting a spammy, simple "welcome" in every thread within the past 30 days.

xzhPlEh.png?1