City Names

Dwynn

I don't recall this ever being the case. Forcing people to all have different names for cities sounds like a nightmare anyway.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

• Administrators

I was under the impression that city names were unique. I'm seeing that's not the case. Has that always been this way, is it a bug or is it a change?

City names have never been unique. Anyone can name their city anything.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I was under the impression that city names were unique. I'm seeing that's not the case. Has that always been this way, is it a bug or is it a change?

You're able to name your city anything you would like. 

dpluao815a3.png

Thank goodness, I'm sure someone would of already taken Stalingrad if they were unique.

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

City names have never been unique. Anyone can name their city anything.

There are towns in cities with the same names in the real world. There's no regulation forcing every town/city to have a different name. So thanks Sheepy for not forcing unique city names on Orbis, as it's unrealistic and does not reflect the real world. 

• Administrators

There are towns in cities with the same names in the real world. There's no regulation forcing every town/city to have a different name. So thanks Sheepy for not forcing unique city names on Orbis, as it's unrealistic and does not reflect the real world. 

I think it simply would have been upsetting to a lot of people, as there are a lot of common city names. Many players have cities like "Berlin", "Paris", "London", "New York", etc. and there's no sense in restricting them when you can't search by city or anything anyway.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Cities can have the same name in Real-Life, so I see no reason why it should be different in-game

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál