Can we Nerf Nukes?

cpennock

3 minutes ago, cpennock said:

I did not play for 1 weekend and during that time I ate nukes. I lost nearly HALF of my population!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous! I literally almost went into a total loss as the cities were going down to 0 infrastructure!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not right. I am a peaceful nation and my only mistake was joining a new alliance that offered me, what seemed to be, some refuge. This just can't be right that so much destruction can occur like this. The food supply is barely alright... how are new players supposed to play in these conditions? 

Agreed, I say we nerf @Hatebi, the #1 villain of Orbis

• Haha 5

See:

On 5/11/2023 at 4:53 PM, Kurdanak said:

Get a change.org petition going and then we'll talk.

I'll sign in a heartbeat, friend - I, too, have recently fallen victim to such war crimes. :( I also recommend sharing the cause in the public channels of alliances full of heinous nukers, particularly Eclipse.

(also, maybe join a more established alliance, lol)

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

6 hours ago, cpennock said:

I did not play for 1 weekend and during that time I ate nukes. I lost nearly HALF of my population!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous! I literally almost went into a total loss as the cities were going down to 0 infrastructure!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not right. I am a peaceful nation and my only mistake was joining a new alliance that offered me, what seemed to be, some refuge. This just can't be right that so much destruction can occur like this. The food supply is barely alright... how are new players supposed to play in these conditions? 

I sympathise with you! We should make a treaty of some kind that prohibits these horrible weapons. Maybe if we all agree to nuke people who use nukes, we can solve this!

Just now, cpennock said:

why? whats the point in spending millions of dollars to mess with people that make cheap and affordable resources? 

Speaking of that i have some raw resources i want to sell for market price or a little higher

Some friendly suggestions:

• It's a global war. It happens periodically. Just enjoy it
  • Join an alliance that not only claims to, but actually can, defend you. Equally important, join an alliance that will but also is able to fund your rebuilding process
  • Buy the Vital Defense System (or get your alliance to buy it for you). It's only a 20% chance of thwarting nukes but that's 20% more than your current chances
  • Also buy the Nuclear Research Facility and get your own nuclear arsenal. May not be a deterrent but at least you'll be able to have your own fun
  • Do not produce food at all, produce something profitable like steel instead. Buy your food on the market

I'm not trying to tell you how to play the game, but this is what most of us do and this way you'll find the game much more enjoyable. If you have any questions feel free to drop a line. Hope this helps

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 12:04 AM, cpennock said:

why? whats the point in spending millions of dollars to mess with people that make cheap and affordable resources? 

Because burning your opponents' infra is enjoyable.

Oh yeah, and taking out their power plants. That's always great.

• Like 1

Hello. I don't know what to put here right now.

I hope you're having a lovely day : )

On 5/27/2023 at 8:47 PM, Nyx said:

Because burning your opponents' infra is enjoyable.

Oh yeah, and taking out their power plants. That's always great.

What if they are just existing and are no threat to you?

Fresh Tarewgfian memes: LINK

Submit memes: LINK

Mystery Link (Changes some times)(times Changed: 1): LINK

Meme of the week:

• 2 weeks later...

Nukes are like over hyped cruise misslles, wouldn't even care if I got nuked. Make Improvement to block them have better odds if they're to strong at all. So rather than neft, buff that project which only has 20% chance. 20% Odds are nothing, make it 50% for that to be useful.

Making them even stronger wouldn't hurt if they need to risk 12 MAP with only 50% chance of it hitting. (Guess mostly nukes are really cheap and almost sure to hit now.) So personally I think they could be made more expensive and stronger; with that one project made more useful to counter it.

Edited by Anarchist Empire