New Project: Resource Production

Prefontaine

I’m glad to see this one finally gaining some legs. I suggested something very similar to help the smaller nations get back on their feet following the Dial Up war. 

I personally feel this should be an ongoing project beyond C5.   It doesn’t necessarily need to be 1 extra unit.  A simple 25-50% production increase could get it done without throwing the game out of equilibrium of raw vs manufacturing. 

Edited by Kaz

On 10/18/2021 at 9:56 AM, Prefontaine said:

What project is better for someone with 3-5 cities?

Propaganda Bureau, CIA, maybe even the CCE (although Infra isn't really that expensive for someone in the 3-5 range).

Actually, this would make the most sense for someone in the C10-C15 range.

Someone in the C3-C5 range should be raiding. Someone in that range is best off getting a bunch of soldiers and the Propaganda Bureau so they can raid inactives and steal their money.

There's no point for a whale to build this. 180 resources a day is nothing to a C40 nation.

However, $720,000 in resources a day is still fairly significant to someone with C10 and a very military heavy build. That's a bit too big to be an effective raider though and you've also lost the new player bonus. If you're very military-heavy then you probably don't have enough commerce, meaning that you're basically relying on sales of manufactured and raw resources to pay your bills. A built up C10 player (not a pirate) will probably have 1500-2k infra per city so they have 5-6 project slots. So you probably have PB, CIA, and probably missiles (maybe CCE or nukes if you've got a really good alliance that helped you out but most C10 players don't have the nukes). That leaves an empty slot or two depending on your war wins and something like a free $720k in resources a day might actually be useful.

• Downvote 1

On 10/23/2021 at 7:35 AM, Baldrik said:

Someone in the C3-C5 range should be raiding.

Again, not everyone plays the game in this manner. If you're not raiding this project gives the most benefit at the early stages. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

On 10/19/2021 at 3:53 PM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I could be out of the loop here, since i haven't dealt with little nations in a few years in this game, but at 3 cities, are you really in a position to actually have a project slot open?  you would need 1667 infra per city to hit 5k infra.

Keep in mind there isn't a city timer for c1-10, so even orcas like myself can get a new nation to c10 on day one with minimal effort. 

On 10/25/2021 at 2:31 PM, Prefontaine said:

Again, not everyone plays the game in this manner. If you're not raiding this project gives the most benefit at the early stages. 

This 100x. I believe the current meta pushes away a lot of otherwise good players that don't like the war system much. I doubt I would have continued to play if there was a raiding meta when I started. 

You honestly should just say 3 resources per city since its always 3 resources per city. A lot less ambiguous that way. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

On 10/23/2021 at 7:35 AM, Baldrik said:

There's no point for a whale to build this. 180 resources a day is nothing to a C40 nation.

I would build this in a heartbeat. (I have 42 cities)  You are giving me something with a ROI of less than 1 day? Hell ya I am building that, especially considering most of the stuff I buy at my size has an ROI measured in months or years.

3 hours ago, zigbigadorlou said:

even orcas like myself

Look at you silly mid tier nations.

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, zigbigadorlou said:

Keep in mind there isn't a city timer for c1-10, so even orcas like myself can get a new nation to c10 on day one with minimal effort. 

New nations start with a project slot, to answer the quote in your post. I can't see those posts. 

• Haha 1

scSqPGJ.gif