The Glorious Naval Stand of Corps

Aqua-Corpsman

As everyone continues life as usual, farming, trading, raiding, etc...

Corps is getting tag-teamed by USN. Not saying I didn't deserve it. 

Naturally Corps is holding Corps' own against them, but also defeat is inevitable....

But Corps realized something incredible that might start a new meta, to be determined of course, but Corps has noticed that the navy is very underappreciated. Nobody has a standing navy anymore even though you can defeat someone in 15 turns with a navy. It also decimates infrastructure and only the air force can attack it.

As Corps writes this Corps realizes that Corps just revealed Corps' plan to take over the world with ships. Corps said, "Shit" and posted this on the forum anyway because Corps is not the cream of the crop, in fact Corps is more like a root of a weed. An annoying little issue in your garden that you try and remove but you can't so it just grows back anyway.

Picture 1.PNG

Picture 2.PNG

Naval Battle.PNG

• Upvote 2

signature_1609462526.png.014e1286830a99c3d7652fe75198c389.png
To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)
<--- I hardly use the forums anymore, add me on discord.

Also, Corps is having fun personally being a nuisance to USN. 

• Upvote 2

To whom it may concern, I do not represent The Immortals unless explicitly stated (ergo, never.)

Just now, Darth Ataxia said:

[snip]

Tried to give "haha" reaction but it wouldn't let me, so here 
?

• Upvote 1

Yes, ships are an important factor of rushing beige... some things about that though:

A. rushing beige is an awful idea in terms of preparing for the second round. You're not gaining any new beige time for yourself, and if you're the defender then you're simply opening up that defense slot to an immediate fresh attacker. I shouldn't need to describe how detrimental that is to your other fronts.

B. Pure ground forces can force a beige 24 turns after declaration* and are a critical component of the standard fastest raiding manuver of 3 ground 5 navy which can force a beige in 23 turns after declaration*. This is compared to pure navy which requires 26 turns after declaration* to threaten a beige. I'm not even sure where you got your 15 turns number, there's no way to achieve that even under perfect circumstances, not even close; that amount of time buys you 7 ground battles or 5 naval battles, both of which shave off 70 at maximum.

C. Ships cost cash, steel, and are efficiently destroyed by aircraft, which they cannot defend themselves against. This is the main reason that aircraft are considered dominant; they hard counter everything except soldiers and other aircraft by virtue of crippling tanks and sinking ships at relatively low cost and no risk.

D. To counter ships, one needs only build a few ships. Sure it forces the non-ship guy to spend resources, but it's either that or eat a beige which invariably costs much more than the actual ships, especially considering that evacuation of resources is obviously unlikely without ships. (Or counters.) The aircraft can as usual punish any breakout attempts, the ships are just there to give the aircraft time to work and to avoid the instant, and embarassing, loss that you're aiming to force by using heavy navy. Alternate counter: Pure ground. Pure ground attacks force a beige slightly faster than pure naval attacks do.

*'after declaration' numbers based on number of turns after the server initially processes the war declaration. Basically, if you declare just before a turnchange, I'm counting that as the full turn that it is. Numbers calculated from default 6 starting action points; add one turn if Fortress policy is in play. Subtract one turn (and the defenders' dignity) if Blitzkrieg is in play. Obviously, these numbers assume immense triumphs in each action.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Yes, ships are an important factor of rushing beige... some things about that though:

A. rushing beige is an awful idea in terms of preparing for the second round. You're not gaining any new beige time for yourself, and if you're the defender then you're simply opening up that defense slot to an immediate fresh attacker. I shouldn't need to describe how detrimental that is to your other fronts.

B. Pure ground forces can force a beige 24 turns after declaration* and are a critical component of the standard fastest raiding manuver of 3 ground 5 navy which can force a beige in 23 turns after declaration*. This is compared to pure navy which requires 26 turns after declaration* to threaten a beige. I'm not even sure where you got your 15 turns number, there's no way to achieve that even under perfect circumstances, not even close; that amount of time buys you 7 ground battles or 5 naval battles, both of which shave off 70 at maximum.

C. Ships cost cash, steel, and are efficiently destroyed by aircraft, which they cannot defend themselves against. This is the main reason that aircraft are considered dominant; they hard counter everything except soldiers and other aircraft by virtue of crippling tanks and sinking ships at relatively low cost and no risk.

D. To counter ships, one needs only build a few ships. Sure it forces the non-ship guy to spend resources, but it's either that or eat a beige which invariably costs much more than the actual ships, especially considering that evacuation of resources is obviously unlikely without ships. (Or counters.) The aircraft can as usual punish any breakout attempts, the ships are just there to give the aircraft time to work and to avoid the instant, and embarassing, loss that you're aiming to force by using heavy navy.

*'after declaration' numbers based on number of turns after the server initially processes the war declaration. Basically, if you declare just before a turnchange, I'm counting that as the full turn that it is. Numbers calculated from default 6 starting action points; add one turn if Fortress policy is in play. Subtract one turn (and the defenders' dignity) if Blitzkrieg is in play. Obviously, these numbers assume immense triumphs in each action.

And this is why Corps is an idiot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Deulos said:

So what was the purpose of this post???

?‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...

Aaah ships My favorite Military force in the game.  I've done ova 450 infra damage once with my cap ship count multiple times in Attrition wars. Was quite fun to watch Infra go away after just so few attacks. Ended up getting nuked 3 times in a row & multiple airstrikes to stop my superiority. Still won those wars somehow...

(Disclaimer: All those wars were against North Point)

• Like 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger