[Vote]How we're doing awards this year

Raphael

How would you like to see the Yearly Awards run this year?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see the Yearly Awards handled?

• The normal way - open to the public entirely
    • Delegations from the alliances so everyone has a fair shake (nominations still open to the public, but delegates will vote)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/19 at 06:59 PM

Just now, ChloeJessica said:

ah yes, because alex will certainly change the rules of the game and forums because of a poll made by a person so mad about their bigot friend getting banned for being a bigot that they spam the reports forum with frivolous reports, clawing for any desperate means of pathetic revenge, who made said poll because their frivolous reports kept rightly getting smacked down.

Alex is not an idiot so im not sure why you'd expect this to be the case.

Sounded like Kastor was stepping down from hosting them & he wants to do it maybe. So he could do it that way if his poll ends up in favor, although seems unlikely. Alex doesn’t like doing these himself.

libertyribbon.png

2 hours ago, Prefontaine said:

Not at all. No Awards, never again.

Unironically this. The awards have always been a shitty brigading dumpster fire for years, the only thing that changes is which side of the trash heap your on. Tying the awards to in-game functions, even purely cosmetic, was just another avenue for whining and toxicity on these already terrible boards. Pretending that we can source an a single truth for these awards and have it mesh with even a plurality of peoples views is naive.

The horse isn't just dead, it's desiccated at this point. We can stop beating it now.

7 minutes ago, ChloeJessica said:

ah yes, because alex will certainly change the rules of the game and forums because of a poll made by a person so mad about their bigot friend getting banned for being a bigot that they spam the reports forum with frivolous reports, clawing for any desperate means of pathetic revenge, who made said poll because their frivolous reports kept rightly getting smacked down.

Alex is not an idiot so im not sure why you'd expect this to be the case.

You say that, but Alex did get rid of downvotes primarily because of his whining.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Looking forward to when this ends with no rewards being given out this year.:P

Right, because that's how people like you work. If you can't have it the way you want it, you destroy it instead.

Goons will probably end up holding their own awards anyways, along with the war crimes trials.

Edited by Leonard J Crabs

4 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

Right, because that's how people like you work. If you can't have it the way you want it, you destroy it instead.

Goons will probably end up holding their own awards anyways, along with the war crimes trials.

I honestly don’t care, but last year was the first in many they had rewards & don’t think many were happy with them anyways. So I think enough probably don’t care or don’t want them there is a high probability of them not happening at all. There is no rule they need to happen or on how they’re done.

libertyribbon.png

2 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

Then we should take out the in game awards that show up on nation and alliance pages if we're gonna end it.

They don’t do anything, just like the special anniversary ones for being around at certain times. So even if that wouldn’t effect me, pointless to care about taking away rewards people already have.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

libertyribbon.png

Just now, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

They don’t anything, just like the special anniversary ones for being around at certain times. So even if that wouldn’t effect me, pointless to care about taking away rewards people already have.

Right, they don't mean anything, so let's remove them.

If somehow this years awards are illegitimate, we should remove the incentive to host them. Purge the clutter on meaningless awards on people's pages.

1 minute ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

Right, they don't mean anything, so let's remove them.

If somehow this years awards are illegitimate, we should remove the incentive to host them. Purge the clutter on meaningless awards on people's pages.

Voting down every idea people planning on hosting them have should do that well enough.

Not sure why you would care about previous awards.

libertyribbon.png

Voting down every idea people planning on hosting them have should do that well enough.

Not sure why you would care about previous awards.

Because you have ulterior motives. You want to nuke the awards because people you don't like in the community have a numbers advantage.

If we remove the awards system so that the people you don't like can't get any awards, we should get rid of the awards, period. It's only fair.

Just now, Leonard J Crabs said:

Because you have ulterior motives. You want to nuke the awards because people you don't like in the community have a numbers advantage.

If we remove the awards system so that the people you don't like can't get any awards, we should get rid of the awards, period. It's only fair.

Was other people saying not to do them this year before I even mentioned the possibility. I thought the delegate thing was a good idea to get around people’s concerns that some alliances can just spam the results, making them meaningless. 

libertyribbon.png

Was other people saying not to do them this year before I even mentioned the possibility. I thought the delegate thing was a good idea to get around people’s concerns that some alliances can just spam the results, making them meaningless. 

Cool, we should have a democratic vote on whether we should even hold awards. See how that goes.

3 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

Cool, we should have a democratic vote on whether we should even hold awards. See how that goes.

I don’t really care if they’re done enough to have a strong opinion on any polls. Although I don’t care what you do in that regard, although none of these polls are actually binding & we’re not really living in a democracy where pure numbers decide everything.

libertyribbon.png

3 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

I don’t really care if they’re done enough to have a strong opinion on any polls. Although I don’t care what you do in that regard, although none of these polls are actually binding & we’re not really living in a democracy where pure numbers decide everything.

So you think that what you want to happen is binding, but not the will of the community.

If the majority of the game wants to hold awards, it should happen. Not just because you or anyone thinks they shouldn't happen. It's ridiculous to believe that any member of this community should have more sway over a democratic voting process than anyone else.

If the old guard in this game refuse to hold the awards, GOONS will. The decision on whether there should be in game awards on display will be up to Alex.

So you think that what you want to happen is binding, but not the will of the community.

If the majority of the game wants to hold awards, it should happen. Not just because you or anyone thinks they shouldn't happen. It's ridiculous to believe that any member of this community should have more sway over a democratic voting process than anyone else.

If the old guard in this game refuse to hold the awards, GOONS will.

I said I don’t care, but can understand the concerns of many who do think them pointless when the results can be spammed rather than based on merit at all. So I am sympathetic to reasonable attempts to make them more meaningful & can understand why others are already saying they don’t want them.

libertyribbon.png

I said I don’t care, but can understand the concerns of many who do think them pointless when the results can be spammed rather than based on merit at all. So I am sympathetic to reasonable attempts to make them more meaningful & can understand why others are already saying they don’t want them.

I don't see how everyone having one vote is "spam", but spin it however you want.

3 minutes ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

I don't see how everyone having one vote is "spam", but spin it however you want.

If one alliance can have over 1,000 votes, makes it pretty easy to win every Category if they tell their members to vote themselves in every category. That’s where it starts to become kind of pointless & just a number game to win.

Edited by Noctis Anarch Caelum

libertyribbon.png

1 minute ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If one alliance can have it over 1,000 votes, makes it pretty easy to win every Category if they tell their members to vote themselves in every category. That’s where it starts to become kind of pointless & just a number game to win.

Have you tried talking to goons to see if they have individual thoughts and feelings and would vote differently if you greased a few palms?

For the record, my vote is up for sale.

Have you tried talking to goons to see if they have individual thoughts and feelings and would vote differently if you greased a few palms?

This isn’t just about goons, lol.

libertyribbon.png

Start campaigning then. A vote isn't legitimate because charismatic individuals can garner votes from individuals.

If you guys want to change the results of this poll, go ahead. Although I generally have very low expectations of these rewards being meaningful, with most alliances voting along alliance lines on most stuff & that being a complicated issue to address. Although at least the rewards don’t actually do anything, so I don’t really care.

libertyribbon.png

2 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If you guys want to change the results of this poll, go ahead. Although I generally have very low expectations of these rewards being meaningful, with most alliances voting along alliance lines on most stuff & that being a complicated issue to address. Although at least the rewards don’t actually do anything, so I don’t really care.

how is a bunch of individuals voting for a poll "changing the results of this poll"?

1 minute ago, Leonard J Crabs said:

how is a bunch of individuals voting for a poll "changing the results of this poll"?

It would only change it if the option which is winning changes, so think you’re confusing my words if you think I was saying you had already. Although I’m done with this thread, as the awards aren’t a high area of interest for me. So wasted enough time with this topic.

libertyribbon.png