[Vote]How we're doing awards this year

Raphael

How would you like to see the Yearly Awards run this year?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see the Yearly Awards handled?

• The normal way - open to the public entirely
    • Delegations from the alliances so everyone has a fair shake (nominations still open to the public, but delegates will vote)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/19 at 06:59 PM

7 hours ago, Aki said:

So.... From what I've gathered, certain alliances were in a position to influence the results of the voting largely in their favor the past couple of years due to their numbers. Now, things are looking different. And suddenly it should be done with delegates? Doesn't sound self-serving at all...

This isn’t entirely correct. IQ definitely controlled the awards last year due to their numbers. I can’t speak to previous years though.

Given the poll's one-sided results, and also glancing through just to make sure we got a good mix of opinions from around Orbis, I think it's clear we'll just be running these per the normal way.

I've seen some great suggestions as to how to fix or make things more fair but at the end of the day I think it's important to note that these are community events and that needs to include every player, not just every alliance.

I'll leave the poll open til Monday just in case a flood of counter-voters come in over the weekend but I think we have our course set.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 1:21 AM, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

True, probably actually best to leave it that way & not care about who wins to much.

Edit: I do think we should be able to see who votes what though & have all the voting on the forum preferably though. Make it as transparent as possible at least if having a direct vote on everything. Everything being hidden from most until the results were revealed is what I disliked most about them last year.

Being well-done is far more important than transparency or whatever. This year's primary awards are just absolutely terrible.

GICjEwp.gif