Time to move away from 1940's power plants

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Guest Elijah Mikaelson

Time to move away from dirty coal and oil power plants of the 1930s and 1940's and move to the 21st century 

Wind power is expensive but is very clean. Wind plants cost $185,000 and 25 Aluminum to build.

Wind power plants can provide power for up to 300 infrastructure levels for each 1000 land. They do not require resources to operate. Operational costs are $4000 for 1000 land a day.

Wind power plants has a positive effect pollution index (Reduce pollution by 6 for each 1000 land)

So a city with 2000 infra would need 7,000 land to power the city with one wind power, this will also reduce pollution by 42. this would cost 28,000 a day to run

Solar power is expensive but is very clean. Solar plants cost $275,000 and 50 Aluminum and 50 Iron to build.

Solar power plants can provide power for up to 400 infrastructure levels for each 1000 land. They do not require resources to operate. Operational costs are $6000 for 1000 land a day.

Solar power plants do not affect your pollution index. (Reduce pollution by 9 for each 1000 land)

So a city with 2000 infra would need 5000 land to power the city with one solar plant, this will also reduce pollution by 45. this would cost 30,000 a day to run

Good suggestions (Values would need to be edited though) but new improvements are always welcome. I might add Hydro power could be good as well and a way to include @MinesomeMC love of water. ;,p 

However I would add, to help realism if your nation's social policy is Conservative you can't build any wind, solar or hydro plants. 

EDIT: Some suggestions on the two plants proposed.

Can't help but think these are tailored to your nation since you have 10k land, ;,p so you might need to tone down the requirements. But it'll be nice to have a way to maintain power without worrying about blockades making you run out of Uran/Coal/Oil. I do think as a trade off they should be far less efficient, but not as inefficient as presented here so for example:

Solar provide power for 500 Infra per 1k land, Solar also reduces pollution by 5 for each 1k land.
and 
Wind provide power 250 Infra per 500 land, Wind also reduces pollution by 10 for each 1k land.

Edited by Sphinx
added more stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
1 hour ago, Sphinx said:

Good suggestions (Values would need to be edited though) but new improvements are always welcome. I might add Hydro power could be good as well and a way to include @MinesomeMC love of water. ;,p 

However I would add, to help realism if your nation's social policy is Conservative you can't build any wind, solar or hydro plants. 

EDIT: Some suggestions on the two plants proposed.

Can't help but think these are tailored to your nation since you have 10k land, ;,p so you might need to tone down the requirements. But it'll be nice to have a way to maintain power without worrying about blockades making you run out of Uran/Coal/Oil. I do think as a trade off they should be far less efficient, but not as inefficient as presented here so for example:

Solar provide power for 500 Infra per 1k land, Solar also reduces pollution by 5 for each 1k land.
and 
Wind provide power 250 Infra per 500 land, Wind also reduces pollution by 10 for each 1k land.

not a question of my nation, but you want it so people with 2500 infra only need 5k land ? you know that's pretty cheap right ?

your Edits make this even better for my nation not worst. hell solar would give me power for 5k infra and reduce my pollution by 50, and Wind would give me power for same infra and 100 pollution, i think you made it more tailored to my nation than I did tbh.

A nice suggestion with one problem, new nations suffer difficulty getting the land req. Id say make changes so it favors new small nations and is more expensive or even punishes big nations: more infra is damaging.

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
9 hours ago, Duke Arthur said:

A nice suggestion with one problem, new nations suffer difficulty getting the land req. Id say make changes so it favors new small nations and is more expensive or even punishes big nations: more infra is damaging.

most of the new projects added and such are all for new nations :P

3 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

More importantly new nation's are the equivalent of going through industrialization into the modern era, hence why alot of them don't even actually have NPPs but coal or oil power for example. ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

Like those that cost thousands of rss? Or the need of mucho infra to get more then 2 or 3? Yeah, whales really do have a tough time

1 hour ago, Akuryo said:

More importantly new nation's are the equivalent of going through industrialization into the modern era, hence why alot of them don't even actually have NPPs but coal or oil power for example. ?

I agree, good idea to nerf power in favor of new nations!

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
23 hours ago, Duke Arthur said:

Like those that cost thousands of rss? Or the need of mucho infra to get more then 2 or 3? Yeah, whales really do have a tough time

Takes me a whole four days to earn enough food for one of the city project, its a rough ride brother

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
15 hours ago, Elijah Mikaelson said:

@Alex any thoughts on this?

Solar and Wind basically do the same thing; their niche is that they're a renewable energy source.

IRL, in some places it's advantageous to have wind or solar based on weather (commonly windy or sunny, respectively.) We don't really have weather and not specific enough climate to differentiate effectively between wind and solar in-game.

When I made it, I just opted for wind and dropped solar as an option because it wasn't different. I agree today, I just don't see from a gameplay perspective any advantage to tinkering with it now.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
15 hours ago, Alex said:

Solar and Wind basically do the same thing; their niche is that they're a renewable energy source.

IRL, in some places it's advantageous to have wind or solar based on weather (commonly windy or sunny, respectively.) We don't really have weather and not specific enough climate to differentiate effectively between wind and solar in-game.

When I made it, I just opted for wind and dropped solar as an option because it wasn't different. I agree today, I just don't see from a gameplay perspective any advantage to tinkering with it now.

Well the biggest reason would be wind or solar output would be great the more land you have, I do believe you should do more things with land such as wind power is based on amount of land, and farms also should be based only on land.